main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I was going to say that you better represent the Skywalker Conference well in the playoffs. You've got a second chance to grab the gold and as much as it pains me to say it: Go for it. Go all the way. Win one for the Skywalker. :cool:

.......But I highly doubt Ylesia or Corellia will make it easy.

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    NPC team as the top seed.... [face_frustrated]

[​IMG]

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Or in the Solo playoffs as well. [face_plain]

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    From a fan's perspective, I really want to win it all.

From a roleplayer's perspective, I kinda hope the Storm lose in the quarters because my plot calls for four to five posts between the Storm's last game and their first round draft pick.

I don't know what to root for. [face_dunno]

EDIT: Also, after looking through my PMs, it appears that my draftees have already been sent in. Yay for not procrastinating! :D

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Since when have I let a glut of posts and little time to get them in stop me? :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I've done so much writing at the library lately that I've reached the point where it is virtually impossible to write at home. I can typically write one post per session at the library (I could write more if they were open later) and can do about two sessions per week, maybe three if I really squeeze them in. I need to find some other places around here to take my laptop to for writing that have hours more conducive to a night owl like me. I think it's a simple matter of sitting somewhere other than my regular computer desk that puts me in "writing mode", but there's nowhere else in my house suitable for setting up the laptop that I could use to test that theory. So for now, I have to go to the library to write.

EDIT from my phone: I totally forgot to do LFL scores before I shut my laptop off for the night, and I'm too tired to get it back out now. Yay for Monday Night Limmie! :p

7. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Vehn :_| You make me so sad when your season is over! Stop doing that! I feel guilty for winning now! I realize that's probably the very core of your evil plot.

Everybody: since it came up in some nominees recently sent to me, I have a question for the group: I have always designated Hapans as separate from Humans because Wookieepedia (last I checked, if I am not mistaken) categorizes Hapans as a type of Near-Human. Do we want Bakurans to be given the same treatment as Hapans? I think we can safely say that Bakurans, Hapans, and Humans have not diverged in terms of evolution, but Hapans have generally taken on certain physical characteristics that are considered attractive due to their relative isolation. I don't know if Bakurans have done the same, but I could see the argument being made.

8. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    For me having hapan or Bakuran or corellian just indicates their planet of origin

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

9. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't really like classifying as Human or Near-Human, it's rather Palpatinesque, don't you think?

OTOH, the inhabitants of the Hapes Cluster might prefer to be set apart from the common herd of Humanity for cultural reasons.

Then there is the Hapan concentration on physical beauty to be taken into account (with, ISTR, the implication that no one gets anywhere in Hapan Society unless they meet a certain arbitrary standard - applying as much to injuries as to genetics). If carried over into the opportunity to have children (a form of 'EU-genics'), that might very well cause a genetic shift away from 'Broad-Spectrum' Humans over a long period of time.

AFAIK, Bakura has never had any similar policy.

Just my tuppence-worth!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I usually just classify them along the lines of what CPL said: Planet of origin and any sort of cultural affiliation. I've always viewed Hapans as really good looking humans.

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I've always assumed that it is the planet of origin, not a distinct species unless there is a complete cutoff from the main population gene pool. This is where divergences in species occurs in RL, so in theory I would say that should transfer over into the game. Bakurans are Humans who come from Bakura, just as Americans are people who come from America but are still human.

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    As a reminder to everyone in response to a few questions, you can absolutely vote for your own players in season award voting. If any of you who have already sent in your votes want to change any, you are welcome to do so. ;)

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I would classify Bakurans as baseline Humans but not Hapans. My reasoning for that is that Hapans have biological differences from baseline Humans, notably a complete inability to see in the dark due to the perpetual daylight of planets in the Hapes Cluster. Bakurans, AFAIK, have no such biological differences.

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Is that for real? I never picked that up!

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yep, it probably comes from multiple sources, but I just quickly found it in an archive of an old WotC Planet Hoppers article on archive.org.

As for those of you waiting on Futures League scores, they're coming. I've been busy today setting up my Black Friday purchases (an HDTV and a Blu-ray player) and enjoying Episode IV in high definition for the first time (I bought the Blu-ray complete saga in June but didn't have a way to play the discs until now). However, I now have a quiet time to do scores, so expect them shortly.

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The attack on the Death Star can wait! We need LFL scores (and we don't mean LucasFilm Limited)! :p

EDIT: Talk about timing. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    LOL at the NPC team!

EDIT: And you're the first person to mention the LFL reference. I deliberately created that initialism as an intentional reference to Lucasfilm. :D

Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, at least Druckenwell finally picks up a win.

Oi, not a good season for Kamino.

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I can't believe that flew under the radar for so long!

That's awesomely hilarious.

Also, my view of Hapans is now irrevocably altered. I take it we can assume that's not an inherited trait, right? It's just something that happens because they live in the Cluster? If so, then I don't have to try to explain Kerry having 75% of normal night vision and Falene having 87.5%. :p

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    *Takes notes that this week's playoff game should be played with flashlights so that the C-Bucs can't see and play* :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well that's very curious indeed!

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I seem to recall that the Wook has a similar statement on them.

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Curse you unrealistically high levels of beauty! You come with a price!

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It's not like that kind of thing really affects the game, anyways. :p As long as we don't want it to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.