main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Hmmmm...with so much uncertainty in the draft order due to ongoing playoff runs it would be tough to pin down a day for half the teams right now. If we go one further week, I can guarantee that we'll get you down to at least a two day window (which would be if the Storm win and they have one of the last two picks).

Additionally, I am announcing the disappearance of the Player Transaction Wire. I would like to subsume that into the HSN Morning Headlines to encourage the growth of that, at least for 277. If we don't like it, we can revert to the Wire in 278. Please feel free to send me anything you'd like bundled with other announcements each (roughly) morning.

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I have come to the realization that I will be out of town (in RL) during the Galactic Cup Game. I will be on the road travelling to visit family out of state. Trip was planned a while back since my son is on Spring Break that week. Basically from April 13 - 16 I will have very limited net access.

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That's not a problem. We will make arrangements if needed.

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I may have schedule issues with the Draft as well. I will know more next week.

And as long as a post can be put up at any time during the week, that's all that matters.

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Specifically, I will be in read/comment-only mode (meaning that I will be able to post here in OOB and read game posts, but not write IC posts) from April 16 to 18 at minimum, plus the usual one or two additional days that it takes me to catch up on everything else online after an absence of that length.

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Depending on how long you are in the postseason, and how long it might take me to get a pick in, you should have time. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I have been asked to clarify this comment.

Anything that you previously PMed me for the Player Transaction Wire I will now put on the Morning Headlines the next day. Anything you could put up yourself (internal moves), you may continue to do yourself using the Player Transaction Wire unless you'd like it included in the Morning Headlines--your call. If you have questions, I'm always happy to help. :)

Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Maybe it's referencing one series finale in my post and having just watched another one, but I'm feeling really emotionally drained after that Miners post.

9. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    EVIL CLIFFIE!!!!!!!

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Looks like someone paid attention to how I did my cliffhangers back in the day. :p

Or it's just coincidence.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Do you know what's even more evil?
    I have a handwritten copy of that post almost fully complete after a couple hours of writing in a bar. All I need to do is transcribe it and it will be ready for posting.

Accordingly, the post will be brought to you by Franziskaner Hefe-Weissebier and, after the recommendation of a neighbor who I ran into there, Almanac Honey Saison. Also, I will not apologize for my taste in beer. :p

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Does this mean that the Miners are going to have a drunken party where all sorts of shenanigans occur? :p I assume they could use one after this loss.

13. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Ba-da-boom! Ladies and gentlebeings, Jedi Gunny is in the house with his usual hilarious self. Did you hear the one about Kaitlyn Vehn and the orphanage?[face_laugh]

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It's Bakura--if they lose they drink. If they win...well, they drink too. ;)

On another note, Jedi Gunny and Vehn, inspired by recent Morning Headline rumors, have approached me with an idea. This idea would be for the two of them to release Meredith Chambers-Vayne and Adanna Inviere to become the head coach and GM, espectively, of the C-Bucs. In doing so, they have proposed that they jointly write a side story about the C-Bucs for this season. The C-Bucs would not receive a bonus roll and their roster would be subject to the regular NPC rules (which are that all trades with those teams are explicitly approved by me to make sure people don't just raid NPC teams for talent). I would like to facilitate this request in the interest of encouraging storytelling, my primary goal with this game, but I wanted to let everyone else in the game have an opportunity to think about the proposal and point out any issues they may see.

Right now, this would be run as a one season trial period and I would not be looking for anyone else to run a side story like this for the time being. What say you Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja jcgoble3 Runjedirun Tim Battershell?

Jedi Gunny and CPL_Macja like this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I've already given you my thoughts in more detail by PM, but I'll state here that I'm willing to give this a try as long as it doesn't set a precedent that could potentially be abused in the future. :)

CPL_Macja likes this.
  16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I've got no problem with this... more stories=more fun, IMHO. ;)

17. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I think this is a great idea.

Several of my posts this season have been at least partially done with a baby in my lap, he's nearly 7 months now and has taken a great interest in typing on the keyboard for me.
    Baby says: O K LB 8IUKI ?blm c c jhbn 9o9o' b li b m;/j ; BY

jcgoble3, Vehn, Trieste and 1 other person like this.
  18. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I think it's a great idea.

[​IMG]

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well--that was a lot quicker than I expected! Thanks for your thoughts!

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I am sure this will be an epic adventure of awesome proportions.

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

I now imagine that Taab looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Humbug.

In other news, not good for Jacen. :(

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_rofl]

Sorry I got that post in late too. But I figured no harm done since my season is over. :p

[​IMG]

24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Runjedirun, I love the introductions, especially the mocking of Cynour with the forwards. [face_laugh]

Runjedirun likes this.
  25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Laugh it up fuzzyball. [face_plain]

jcgoble3 likes this.