main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I actually like the idea. We could have a lot of fun with that. :p

[​IMG]

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It's something I'd have to think about. Probably write into my story to get a university promoted in a season or two.

Also great plot twist Rebecca_Daniels did not see that coming!

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  3. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm kind of at the same spot when it comes to a college team, was thinking a few seasons down the road maybe.

Thanks, I'm hoping it goes okay.

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I don't know how Jedi Gunny selects his teams that make the playoffs. It looks like teams that have strong draft showings (like University of Agamar) seem to get in the playoffs. Not sure if that's true though.

Up to this point we've kept the college game pretty loose with the Bak10 and the Super 16 being the only well-defined conferences. I don't know how Gunny wants to run that. Kerry's just going to be a pest about where she thinks her conference should come in. ;)
    But...but...but...then we'd have to let the SEC win everything...and that would make me sad. :(

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Anything is better than letting UBTV's equivalent win. ;)

If anyone really cares, here's how I break it down (although things have not always stuck to this formula):

Quarterfinals:

Carnation Bowl Winner gets an auto bid
    Big 20 Winner gets an auto bid
    RAAC-14 Winner gets an auto bid
    SEC Winner gets an auto bid
    KAAC Winner gets an auto bid
    Three random teams are selected here, oftentimes if there is a high-ranking draft prospect coming out from these schools. This is why you've seen Enarch Tech and U of Agamar make it this far; they've had Helmsman nominees/winners, so I figured they probably would make it into the final eight.

Obviously I'm open to make changes to this format, but Kerry forgets that at one point the Carnation Bowl winner went straight to the Finals. ;) Trieste

And Runjedirun and Rebecca_Daniels, I'm not quite following. Both the University of Ralltiir and University of Ylesia are already Division I, so they are eligible to be a part of the Galactic Playoffs. Now, if you mean promote them to a "power conference", that I can do. But that's no guarantee they ever make it to the playoffs.

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    More likely she remembers those days and wants to go back to them. ;)

Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun one strategy to try to raise the profiles of those schools would be concentrate your draft pick submissions to come from those institutions (which Tim Battershell has done with University of Agamar). More chances to be selected as a Helsman nominee.

Also, since Gunny poked me about it, the Rangers roster has been updated with an entirely new group, including more Trandoshans and--shocker--a Trandoshan captain, a first for the Rangers.

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    All but one Helmsman nominee over the past seven seasons have been draft-eligible that year and on the Prospects list we draw up, so basically the only chance to gain a nomination is through there. ;)

8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I want the University of Ralltiir to be rather unknown for Limmie especially for the past 10 -15 years pretty much irrelevent. Now that the Starkillers are likely to remain in the ELL they will hire a new coach and invest in the program.

If you go back a post in the game thread you'll catch on to why I'm saying this (I hope). I don't want to give too much away.

Trieste likes this.
  9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sounds kinda like what I did with CorTech back in 270. Crappy program gets a shot in the arm when they do really well for one season, get a Helmsman nominee, and then CorTech grads start flocking to the Draft in droves. So it's definitely not unheard of for local programs to bounce back when the going is good at the pro level. ;)

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yes, this is a double-post, but I think it's important for everyone interested in the college game (so Trieste, jcgoble3, CPL_Macja, Runjedirun, Rebecca_Daniels)

I'm noticing that there's a lot of unaffiliated Division I teams on the Wiki list. It is perhaps time to find permanent homes for those schools in conferences (likely geographical, since this is college). That way I can revamp the playoff system to reflect more a slant towards conferences instead of just choosing ones at random.

Also, if anyone else has any feedback on the college game in general, or the playoff system, please PM me. ;) Bardan_Jusik, Vehn, Tim Battershell

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I'm working on getting the Rim10 solidified along with others I've created

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I support migrating these teams to conferences and basing it on geography (something that current NCAA colleges seem to have abandoned by and large). And the beauty of this being a happy fun time pretendy game is that if we suddenly decide we want different teams to be good, we can just think up a new conference and make a different one suck. :p

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That's what conference re-alignment is for. ;)

Bak10 + 2, anyone?

14. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Trust me... I've proposed that... Commissioner Trieste shot it down... emphatically

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    DISLIKE.

There is nothing Pacific about Colorado and UtahBakuran about Endor and Rattatak. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    But this has nothing to do with making sense. This has everything to do with [face_money_eyes]

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    DTU would fall in whatever Outer Rim Conference VCU is in just FYI. Other than that, have whatever else you want done with the collegiate system.

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    A human--on Ylesia?! I know what my song for the Miners' visit to Ylesia will be now...

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Holy crap, Bardan_Jusik must be super excited, Johnny Lieznam went to the Browns Mercs! [face_laugh] Did the dawg-pound come alive tonight or what? Okay, back to Limmie.

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hey, what can I say? We draft well in this league. :D

Vehn, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's almost like I know what I'm doing. :p

[​IMG]

22. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Do any of us really know what we're doing? :p

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Nope, not really. Let's face it, I drafted the same guy as the Browns just did. That's proof enough that I have no clue.

[​IMG]

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    BTW... I just got on a roll assigning College Limmie Teams to conferences... let me know if you want me to move any of them (of course you can always move them yourselves :D )

Vehn, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.