main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Dammit, so you won't try to change things up by losing a few games. I was hopeful for a moment there. :p

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Well, I might try that too. I'll just roll with it. ;) Oh wait, no dice roller. Now it's a number generator. Guess I won't roll with it!

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    If the new random number generator doesn't work out I say you go to a real dice to roll the scores. :p

[​IMG]

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I don't think there is such a thing as a 40-sided die. Besides, it would have to be 41-sided since '0' is a valid roll . . .

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Excluding percentile dice, the largest "normal" die I've seen is 30-sided. I actually have one of those.

EDIT Come to think of it, you could roll a 4-sided die for the tens digit and a 10-sided die for the ones digit. That still doesn't solve the problems of a 35-point roll or shutouts, though.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I was thinking along the lines of forcing him to use multiple kinds of dice in some horribly convoluted fashion which would result in five minutes of dice rolling and calculations for a single team's scoring total for a game. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Or he could just pick numbers out of a hat . . .

Or in his case, he'd probably commission a life-size replica of the Galactic Cup and use it for scores.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Too simple. He has to work for it. :p

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The more he works, the more he expects to win games. Simplicity may be the only way to stop the Evil Empire. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I couldn't possibly roll a 20 sided die twice to come up with a score (neatly divided by half) and cap the second roll for an NPC team at 15, nor could I determine shutouts via rolling any die with even numbers and assigning the top half of numbers to be a non-shutout and the bottom half a shutout, thus making a shutout a 1-in-1600 possibility instead of 1-in-41...

*pushes the old set of multi-sided die further back in the drawer they're sitting in*

*then realizes his hubris at even mentioning any of this*

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    And now the deep dark secret of how the game was originally scored is finally revealed.

[​IMG]

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Remember how I keep telling you all that you should pay me to be Commissioner for you?

Well now I know what I'd spend your dues on. :p

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

That would be awesome. We could ship it to the player who wins every season. :p Then hope that said player doesn't drop out of the game and off the face of the Earth and keep our Cup.

[​IMG]

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey, we can even get it gift-wrapped. How sweet. :p

15. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Actually if you skip to 3:13 of this video you'll see something that very much reminds me of this game ;)

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm at Tim Hortons trying to get my roster work done so I can make my draft pick. Just as I opened my computer, a family of six came in and sat down three tables away. That family is letting their toddler run all over the place and scream all she wants with almost no supervision while Mom, Dad, and the three older kids chat over huge ice cream cones and a giant box of donuts. There is NO way I can possibly work with that girl running around making noise, and it's looking like they'll be here for a while. Given that I have other plans for tomorrow night that I can't easily break, it looks like I may have to do everything Thursday night if these idiots don't leave soon.

Just want to make you guys aware of why my pick might not be made until the last minute.

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You do realize that you apparently have a bad luck streak when it comes to drafts and weird **** happening, right? jcgoble3

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes. I am well aware of that. I like drafts, but drafts do not like me. :p

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You could just help their process and steal some of their donuts. :p Ya know, speed them up a bit.

And in a tasty way, too. ;)

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You have my very sincere sympathies.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The idiots just left, but not before their toddler gave me a headache from her incessant screaming. So I can no longer focus on writing. Thursday is when I'll have to do everything, unless I can figure out a way to work while watching horse racing tomorrow evening.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    So if your post comes in Thursday, then I assume that the second round will be Friday-Sunday, and the third round Monday-Wednesday, correct? Trieste

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That sounds reasonable.

24. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Rydonni shows their support for Denon to enter the league!
    [​IMG]

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

Trieste likes this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bahahaha! I need to get on the schedule for next season, now that you mention it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.