main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    And you don't have the NHL to blame for not doing it this time around. ;)

2. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Speaking of the NHL, I just opened the game Wiki a few moments ago, and the Amazon ad on the site was advertising the Stanley Cup replica that Trieste just brought up recently.

Is the Wiki trying to send us a message or something? :p

Also, I had a question for everyone regarding the All-Star Game. We didn't get much posting about it this season, and I'm wondering if that's because everyone was just busy, or if we collectively didn't care about it this year. There was more posting last year when it was mid-season, and it makes me wonder if more posts would come about if the game was moved back there. Thoughts, anyone?

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO the offseason is too short to cram an All Star game into. That's why I wanted to keep it mid season when it was brought up at the end of last season. I still want to move it back to the mid season time slot. I enjoy the all star game and think we should definitey keep it.

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Especially when the Draft begins the next day. I'm with you on moving it back.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Agreed. Most off season time is spent wrapping up story lines and laying the groundwork for new ones (plus the draft, free agency and front office turnover). There seems little time left over for most of us to deal with the ASG at the end of the season as well.

[​IMG]

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    My preference remains keeping it at the end of the season because LFL scheduling is easier that way. However, if the consensus is to go back to mid-season, I could work with that.

7. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I was going to post about it but between being away, the draft, and friendlies starting Sunday, I don't have the time.

8. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    This is due to the fact that you want realism and to not have a week-off-that's-not-a-real-week-off in the LFL, schedule, right? I don't suppose there could be an LFL event that would take up that week? An all-rookie game?

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Only issue I see with that is the fact that only three games would have been played before then.

Therefore, it could be made into a Futures Game (MLB) equivalent, in which two teams of prospects from the U.S. and International nations play a game against each other. However, since we aren't getting into where everyone was born, it could be also based upon the NBA's Rookie Showcase. Just food for thought in which the top prospects play each other in a game.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Correct, I haven't been able to come up with a justification for the LFL taking the ASG week off as well.

Possibly four games, depending on what playoff format I go with.

The issue with that is that not everyone pays attention to their LFL teams to the point of even having a roster, so a Futures Game/Rookie Showcase–type event isn't really possible unless I force everyone with an LFL team to create and maintain a complete roster, which I don't want to do.

I have to handle my roster stuff and draft pick tonight, but I'll be looking at the LFL schedule closer this weekend. I very well could just say "screw realism" and take the ASG week off anyway. Possibly I could invent some excuse about HoloNet ratings or something like that.

At any rate, if the ASG is going to be midseason again, I need to know by next Wednesday at the latest, regardless of what I decide to do with the schedule.

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think enough LFL rosters are fleshed out to the point where the top prospects could be picked for a sevens game, if nothing else. That's just 14 players who could play a 30-minute game.

And, if no one else is interested, hey, Thyferra will gladly take most of the playing spots for such a game. :D

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Maybe instead of a game, per se, a skills competition might give some flexibility. You don't have to have it tied to teams or rosters and could draw from recent draftees. It's a thought for consideration.

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Eh, I'll figure it out this weekend. Right now I'm getting ready to shut my computer down so I can pack it up and take it to Tim Hortons to work. I doubt that same family of idiots will be there, as they looked like they were traveling, but here's to hoping that I don't have to deal with new idiots. :p

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    But can we do a skills competition in a game where we don't have actual attributes we can use for such things (such as speed, strength, agility, etc.)?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It's why a game looks easier if something is to be done at all.

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm building a roster got Tatooine. Last year we had 3 players up from 0 every year before that. By the 300 season my roster should be finalized :p

In all seriousness I hope it's sooner than that ;)

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    It'll probably be easier to just invent an excuse regarding HoloNet ratings or the LFL not wanting to take attention away from the best players in the game or something like that.

By the way, to reiterate in case it got missed in the shuffle of messages:
    Tagging Trieste for that since he's the one that ultimately makes the call.

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Remind me again on Monday when others have had a chance to opine as well.

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    There's a 94.6% chance that I'll forget about this discussion completely by Monday, so set a reminder for yourself. :p

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
  22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Most of new Senators Stadium was financed by anyone willing to give a certain amount of money to the cause (in return getting their name printed or engraved somewhere in the stadium). Even Tim Dodd has something under his name in the stadium. Tim Battershell

Although I'm starting to wonder if someone buried a Miners jersey underneath the site, like a Red Sox fan apparently did to new Yankees Stadium a few years back. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Owners

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Owners and investors

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Citizen tax money paid 50% of the coming stadium. The bank who claimed naming rights paid for roughly 40% and 10% came out of Martin's pocket before he passed. He was meant to pay the whole 50% originally.
    I have a ridiculously good memory if no one else brings this up again Monday I will.

jcgoble3 likes this.