main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yep. My pick has been sent in, so this should hopefully be done in two days tops.

Runjedirun likes this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I thought someone would want to draft twins this year in the Draft.

I guess Knott. :p

Vehn, Jedi Gunny, jcgoble3 and 3 others like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If anyone is going to turn the C-Bucs around, it's going to be Inviere and Chambers-Vayne. Those two are such a great one-two punch.

....note to self...do not let Inviere and Chambers-Vayne actually one-two punch anyone on the Miners. That would hurt...a lot...

Vehn, Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It'd make me feel happy. :D

And there, the Draft is done several days early. Not bad.

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I am very pleased with the Draft Edition of WWL. I'm looking forward to Friday and posting it. :D

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    And with the posting of the draft grades, we have reached three thousand posts in the game thread, a figure that only four other games this decade have reached: A Tide of Flames, Forces, Intervention, and Episode VI As Father And Son.

Now sit back and think about how amazing it is that this quirky little sports sandbox game is being mentioned in the same sentence as those epics. What a truly amazing universe we've created. =D=

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    And we aren't done, not by a long shot. ;) Just getting warmed up.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Jedi Gunny, I think I like HSN's projections better than yours. :p

I absolutely love the proposed idea for the All-Star Game, and hell yes give it a full week! Not only does giving it a full week help me out with LFL stuff, but a game like that deserves a full week so it can have proper justice done to it. :D

10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Jedi Gunny 's predictions > HSN

I am up for a full week of All Star festivities!

11. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    I'm not sure I quite understand how the All-Star game will work but, interested in seeing it happen.

Jedi Gunny I'm touched that you think my Pirates have a chance of making the playoffs. I think HSN has it right.

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    What else would there be in All-Star Week, anyways? I'm still holding out hope for a Futures Game. ;)

And would it actually pause our game OOC for a week? I guess I'm still a bit confused here.

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I believe that is exactly what Trieste is referring to. Play the ASG on Wednesday with regular games the preceding and following Sundays as we've done in the past, or play Week 5 one Sunday, ASG the next Sunday, and Week 6 the Sunday after that (meaning 14 real-life days between Week 5 and Week 6)?

14. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Considering how complex the ASG will be, yes please an extra week. I know I likely won't be posting more than once a week once term starts so I'd appreciate the extra time.

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'd rather play Wednesday if that's the case. The seasons are already 12 weeks long as they are; that's quite a bit of time already devoted to season.

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I had planned on mentioning the fact that we reached 3,000 posts when it happened, but clearly jc beat me to it. I had no idea what other games on these boards had done so--that is extremely rare company indeed. The fact we're over 9,600 posts in OOB alone is...well, astounding.

ELL is something that has only come this far for a reason that jc, motions towards: the people who play in it. From those who have been here from the very beginning like Jedi Gunny and Vehn to the long-time players like CPL_Macja jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik to our journeymen like Runjedirun and Rebecca_Daniels to players who are hopefully just beginning a wonderfully long run like Polydroxol and galactic-vagabond422 thank you for everything you've done to make this a wonderful game. It continues to be a pleasure.

Now, with that out of the way, I will confirm that jc's description of the scheduling is correct. We would take a week off OOC to do the ASG under this new format. Yes, it lengthens the season as a result. However, since there's an opportunity for people to involve their characters in the game or bring back old characters for the game, it might be worth it to try it this year and see how we like it. After all, we heard that the offseason was too crowded with the ASG and I could foresee a midseason game like this also being crowded trying to get everything in place. I know I've been more busy lately myself and it took a very coordinated effort for me to get all my offseason posts done. Anyways, I'll continue to let you all sound off with your opinions and take them all into account before announcing a decision on that point.

17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The LFL season-opening post and press conference is up. Complaints about the new rule changes may be posted here. :p

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    No complaints here--I'm eager to see how it turns out, especially since I have no vested interest in the outcome. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It appears that no matter what we do to try and get rid of them, the Rebels are like the boomarang that keeps coming back. :p

And great, out of the gate I have a conflict of interest in the LFL schedule. I may be 1/2 owner of the Hapan team, but Thyferra's showing no quarter. Hear that, Vehn? ;)

And I like the new playoff rules. Makes a lot more sense. Hopefully the Commish can stop punching the wall.

Rebecca_Daniels and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sub-GM Update:

Since the season starts Sunday, I would like to remind everyone that you can begin sending me your Big Board player(s) via PM. The first edition will be released this week.

For returning players, you know the drill. For new players, the Big Board is a week-by-week update of draft prospects for the following season as they progress through a college season. It's basically the Limmie version of the NFL Big Board prior to the Draft. Basically is scouting players a season before they are eligible for the Draft.

TAGS to jcgoble3, Rebecca_Daniels, Trieste, Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja, Runjedirun, Polydroxol, galactic-vagabond422, Vehn, Tim Battershell

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Jedi Gunny

Let me see if I understand this Big Board thing. We make up a few collage players and give you updates on how they are doing in their league?

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Actually, Gunny is the one who gives updates as to how they're doing. We just give name, species, gender, and the university that they attend and he does the rest. ;) Otherwise all our prospects would go undefeated during their season. :p

23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    True, thanks for the clarification.

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I believe he uses the same random number generator I use to do the scores to determine how a prospect did in a given week, so it's just as random as the rest of the game.

And speaking of the randomness of the game, enjoy your What We Learned. Good to have that back!

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Actually, I did use the same one when you were using the Wizards roller, but since you've gone to the Random.org one, we don't use the same one anymore. ;) I know for all its issues, the Wizards one actually works better for me because I can customize it faster than having to manually re-enter min/max values every roll. 0 is still not a valid number, but the old shutout rules do apply.

And hey, WWL actually was positive for me again. I take it the writers were still under threat on that one? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.