main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    His return to posting like that will probably get the Limmie Gods on their side once again and the Smugglers will rebound.

*Wonders what I need to do to get the same benefit from the Limmie Gods* :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I think this year the Smugglers are going to be looking up from the bottom of the Skywalker Conference. Looks like Agamar is on a roll.....

3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Question... shouldn't Ylesia be 2nd in the Solo Conference? They are tied in overall record with Denon so the first tie-breaker is head-to-head, which Ylesia beat Denon in week two. Even if this is in doubt, they have the other tie-breakers (they have the better conference record: Denon 2-2 = 0.500; Ylesia 2-1=0.667, they have more overall points: 67 vs. 59, and better Pt. Diff: +16 vs. -6)

Just wondering...

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010

The genius of Quinn Cundertol is laid bare! By not having an LFL team, he accumulates all his points in one spot. Brilliant! :p
    Right you are! I think for some reason I'd thought that the Ylesia/Denon game was Week 3 when I knew Ylesia lost a game. I was incorrect in my recollection. Thanks for pointing it out! Guess WWL can't make too much fun of Denon this week. WWL can always make fun of Denon at any time, even after winning the Galactic Cup.

Also, I erroneously had Ylesia at 2-2 in the conference because I keep forgetting I moved Hapes to the Skywalker Conference. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    While we are on the subject the Pirates should be second in the Skywalker conference behind the Packers. Their win over the Starkillers was not a conference game and, they have scored fewer points than the Packers which I think is the tie breaker used since they haven't faced each other yet.

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Don't knock it; the Pirates are still in first place regardless of the tiebreaker position. Not a bad position to be in. ;) They're coming around.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Aha! Thanks galactic-vagabond422 for pointing that out. Not having a set week for conference play is apparently challenging to my brain. :p

For those who are interested what the Triestes and a couple of the Miners are up to in between the Euceron and Denon games, you can feel free to peruse the Yuletide Ball post over in my fanfiction. Don't worry--more Yuletide is on the way for ELL too. :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Duh, the annual Senators holiday get-together is a staple of the ELL calendar. :D Because you never know what kinds of chicanery will occur.

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It's already arrived for some of you, but I hope that everyone has a fine December 25 even if you don't celebrate Christmas. May we all get the gifts that Jedi Gunny hopes we will. :)

10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I got this gift:

[​IMG]

Trieste, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It would be really awesome if there was a way to custom print Limmie t-shirts/sweatshirts and have them as a collectable set. :D

Of course, every time a team was added or dropped, the collection would be incomplete.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    You could totally custom print t-shirts or jerseys if you wanted to. I've often thought of doing a life action trailer if I had enough people. You know, really send the sport over the top....:p

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    jcgoble3, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    There are absolutely websites where you can design and print your own shirts in small batches, even as small as two.

The temptation has been very strong for me. :D

Also, that is fantastic, Runjedirun! If I got a similar gift, it'd be the Prospector from Toy Story 2. :p

--EDIT--

Just looked it up: two options would be Custom Ink and Uber Prints. Yes, I already have ideas for what kind of t-shirts we could make for ourselves. I'm thinking, "Just because my sport isn't real doesn't mean it isn't important," could be fun. [face_laugh]

CPL_Macja, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I was hoping to get a catchup post done tonight but it looks like it may not happen. I'm off visiting family and both my grandparents have taken a turn for the worse and things aren't looking good. But if anyone needs me I am around via PM. I'll see about something short maybe but things might have to wait until I'm back home next week. Sorry.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Not a problem. Feel free to give your family priority, as you should. Hopefully everything works out with your grandparents. Many of us are at the age where we will soon lose our grandparents, if we haven't already, so take every opportunity you can to be with them. I've already lost both of my grandfathers, and both of my grandmothers are in their mid- to late 80s and starting to have serious health problems, so I know what it's like to be in that situation. Take as much time as you need, and we'll be here when you're ready to come back. [:D]

17. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Family first Rebecca_Daniels

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Eddy Beagle is going to be in trouble soon. :D

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If the organization doesn't get to him first, Christine will probably tear him apart for making her sit in a cold locker room.

And then if I somehow defy all odds (seriously, who needs to be told them? :p ) and get into the playoffs, it might be remembered as the frigid locker room incident that got a fire lit underneath their ass. And it might just have been to keep warm.

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    So what you're saying is Peet Carelle hired those punks to trash the Senators' locker room, right? Such a totally Carelle move. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Ooh, crazy potential plot twist! [face_thinking]

Although I don't think he's liking the freezing conditions either. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The exercise in futility continues. :p

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It'll end at some point.

And I'll probably be the victim. :oops:

24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    You have to believe that you can win the Refresher Bowl.

Besides, next week is a whole new year. Think positive. You can turn over a new leaf and start 2015 off on a high note. ;)

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The only way I get a high note is if one of my players gets burned on one of the heaters and shoots in the air like Daffy Duck with his tail on fire. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.