main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Not that this particularly matters to anyone in particular, but 281 is a Supreme Chancellor election year for the Republic. I could see him wanting to get out at limmie games to press the flesh, see and be seen, kiss some hands and shake some babies. You know, that sort of thing.

Also, the Chancellor could be a she. I actually haven't thought about it. Maybe I'll flip a coin. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Beskaryc Taab for Chancellor! :p

[​IMG]

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Then the game really would be broken. And I think the warranty expired a long time ago. :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    As soon as I saw the email saying that you had posted here, I knew exactly what you had said before I even opened the thread. [face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Predictability in this thread? Is such a thing possible? :eek:

jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Can you be Chancellor of the Republic if the world on which you claim citizenship is not a Republic world? The Court of Justice challenge will go on for months!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

The answer is simple, the Republic will submit to Mandalorian rule and the Mandalorian Empire shall arise. :p After that the invasion of Nar Shaddaa shall commence. [face_devil]

OK, in all seriousness, Taab wouldn't get involved in an internal Republic matter nor try to influence the elections there in any way. He would be very interested in their outcome however.

[​IMG]

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Question... have we established an in-universe equivalent of Facebook and/or Twitter?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Spacebook? :p

Edit: OK, I have no idea if that has been established or not.

[​IMG]

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It was used in the Robot Chicken SW 2 special, I believe. Not canon, but they referenced Spacebook in the 'outtakes'.

11. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I mostly just use the generic term "social media", and let the context indicate whether it's on Facebook-equivalent or Twitter-equivalent if necessary. Early in my time in this game, I mentioned Facepad (replacing "book" with the last part of "datapad"), but only once and never used it again because I didn't like it.

However, I would say that this would be a good question to ask at the fanfic writer's desk. ;)

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Since Vehn has now brought it up, we haven't established whether limmie works on the principle of soccer/football where an ejection results in that team being down a player for the remainder of the game. Thoughts?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I say we go with our own rules and make it dependent on the infraction. That gives everyone lee way when writing up their posts. :p

[​IMG]

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I like that idea. I'm playing with the 'rules' as I develop this character.

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    There's a lot of leeway to be had in this game. Take out of it what you put into it in the first place. Basically, I say we play it as we want to, depending on how bad the infraction is. Leroeux's penalty basically acts such as a personal foul for a reckless hit in football or flagrant 2 in the NBA. Those fouls allow a substitute to come in and keep the game going. Frankly, I'm in favor of bringing a sub in, but that's just me.

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The rules post in the library thread already says that ejected players cannot be substituted for. I'm in favor of keeping it that way.

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I was actually so intelligent as to write such a thing down and then subsequently so dumb as to not check? Go me! :D

jcgoble3, Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  18. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My first ever scores post is up and the library thread has been posted as well. If you see an error today or anytime in the library thread please feel free to pm me and I will fix it. Please bear with me, I'm new.

thank you!

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Woo! Congratulations Runjedirun!! Nice job today.

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Everything looks good on my end, Runjedirun. :)

Bardan_Jusik, I think I've figured you out. The weather that Randy talks about in his opening line is always the current weather wherever you are when writing the post. Am I right? :p

And as for the C-Bucs, undefeated season, here I come! :D (Now watch me lose the next five games just because I said that. :p)

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Nonsense. Clearly Tendra is having an All-Pro season this time around. ;)

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] not really, but the weather he talked about in this post does have some significance. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Clearly Kitterich is doing this:

:D

And I see that the Skywalker is now the place to be now that I have moved over and the Rangers went to the Solo. Lots of competition upcoming. ;)

Vehn likes this.
  24. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I thought of the British Open when I read Bardan_Jusik 's opening to his post just now. It's amazing how obsessed you become with golf when you put Jordan Speith's image up as your rookie hometown defensive back!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I didn't think anyone even read the intro anymore since it is almost always the same/similar to previous weeks. I figured y'all kind of just skimmed passed it. :p

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.