main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    The introduction with what Logan's day is like now makes me think about how casually I did so many of those tasks that he described just a few hours ago and how little I thought about them. That's pretty powerful.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I know it's just a game on an Internet message board, but Limmie has definitely matured from its humble origins, not just in how the game and league have progressed, but also in terms of the stories we write and the content we create. I think that plotline was another example of how far we as a collective unit have come as players in this little sandbox.

Vehn, jcgoble3, Trieste and 1 other person like this.
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I was going to be severely disappointed if Kaat didn't predict a low Bucs score. ;)

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm surprised Tendra hasn't read these blog posts yet and made a response. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh, I fully intend to mention today's blog post from Tomas in my pregame post. :D

However, that will now be coming tomorrow as I am at a high school football game right now waiting for kickoff. But it is coming. :)

Runjedirun likes this.
  8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Great posts by everyone, really. Others have mentioned this above but this game has grown and developed into something I never thought I would ever see when Trieste and I came up with this crazy idea seven years ago. That sounds about right. At the time we just had the two of us for company, and a few others who aren't here, and it was a good start. Moving to these forums and reaching a broader audience has been a profound experience. A very good experience. I'm thankful to have all of you in this game and also thankful to know a bit about each one of you and who you really are.

RJR has a great theme: Starkiller Strong. I've got one too: Limmie strong. That's right back at all of you who make this so worthwhile. Thank you. =D=

I have to say, though, that this is the one time as we approach the Final that I really wish we could split trophies and have two teams win. I don't want anyone to lose.

Stay tuned for the Top Gun anthem for Telaam's final post. It's coming. Unfortunately, the Smugglers didn't win so I could never justify the line that Iceman says to Maverick at the end... you know the one:

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    One day Vehn, one day. ;)
    Is that the second championship for the Crusaders? Are they the first repeat LFL champs?

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I know it's their second LFL title to go along with an old PLL title too. Not sure if any other team has won the LFL title twice.

Crusader's goalkeeper Maroney still isn't impressed though. :p

[​IMG]

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Now that's funny! [face_laugh]

I suppose it's because she hasn't gotten Mij Katan's job yet? ;)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yay Crusaders! :D And yay for Runjedirun on completing her first season as commish! :D :D

However, for the record, my own Gundarks were the first repeat champs, in 275 and 277. (And no, it wasn't rigged. :p)

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    See, there ya go!

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Good luck tomorrow jcgoble3 I wish both of us could win.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

Good luck to you both though, glad one of you will be left standing at the end of the season.

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    And there is my post. Good luck, Runjedirun. Both of us have played this game for far too long to not have a title. It's indeed a shame that we can't both win. Hopefully the loser will win it all next season. :)

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And that, my friends, is a Galactic Cup Final I wish I could have seen in person!
    Congrats RJR! What a long road it's been for you to get here! jc, tough break but what a heck of a season all the same.

Post to come later toda or tomorrow with the Cup presentation and Numifolis Award winner.

Jedi Gunny, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Congratulations, Runjedirun! Great game. Enjoy your victory. :)

20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Serious nail biter!

Thanks so much for the great season everyone.

I'll do my best with a victory post. Celebrating my dad's birthday today....I'll see if I can find time when I get home tonight :)

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well phew. I don't know if it's true or not, but it kind of feels like this was of the most intensive seasons in a while.

...and the next one begins Wednesday. :p No rest for the weary. :D

A few items
    1. I am NOT setting a schedule for the draft. Based on our current format, it's over when its over. If you're going to be out of town or unavailable during the draft, let me know. We can work out a proxy system for picks where I put them in for you. Scouts honor I will not use them to influence the Miners' picks. :)
    2. As just about everyone knows, there will be realignment to balance the number of player teams in each conference. This means that someone will move to the Solo Conference. I have not decided who is moving yet. However, this presents the opportunity to modify league size. In PM (so as not to have the first opinions on the matter potentially predispose the debate), please let me know if you would like
      1. The current league (12 teams, 4 player teams per conference, 2 NPC teams per conference) with 11 game schedule and 6 team playoff
      2. A ten team league (4 players, 1 NPC per conference) with 9 game schedule and 4 team playoff (I'd be open to a 6 team playoff, but I recall that the league was more interested in a league where 50% of the league size was the maximum size of the playoffs)
      3. An eight team league (4 players per conference) with 7 game schedule and 4 team playoff
    I might come up with other things, but for now that's what's on my mind.

Also, your final bonus team vs. non-bonus team win percentage is 67.44%, the highest by far in the last three seasons. :)

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'll try to get my Mock Draft up either tomorrow or Tuesday. Today is saved for giving Runjedirun her victory . . . and NFL football. :D

23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Congratulations to Runjedirun for making it to the promised land! Nicely done! jcgoble3, heck of a game. I have to agree with Trieste, this is one I'd like to see in person.

If both of you want to send me a brief outline of what you'd like to see in the game as far as calls go just PM me when you have time. What a great finish to an awesome season! I know I got a little misty eyed as Fenrir handed off that great trophy to a deserving champion.

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Congrats Runner!

Runjedirun likes this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I have had my character sheet for this season written for some time now, hence I couldn't wait to get it up for everyone to enjoy. I will admit--this is slightly inspired by Bardan_Jusik and the Pit. Hopefully it will be half as entertaining as that. ;)

Thanks to those who have provided thoughts about the league size and composition next season.

One further question--anyone got a good schedule generator? I was not impressed with the one I used for 281.

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.