main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I still hate NPC teams. 29 points last week for the Demons and now 30 for the Mets. shab.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    and the streak continues... I'll now have time to put up holiday decor at home!

:p

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Kashyyyk is still winless. :D

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    "That boy is our last hope." :p

Runjedirun likes this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    “Wow you have more points on your license than Nar Shaddaa scored on opening day,”

This line made my morning. :D

--EDIT--

My post today may or may not have been inspired by a certain game that I watched this weekend. ;)

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I feel like Captain Kirk right now because I want to yell:

STEWJONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Also, timely bonus roll, eh jcgoble3? ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    And what a thriller on Ralltiir! Oh man, that would've been a heartstopper to watch.

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    A scorefest like that? Yes please. :D

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    So basically not like a typical Denon game, am I right? :p

10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
  11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Indeed. I would say that Tendra did in fact rise to the occasion. :D

Also, this:

[face_laugh] More like that I sat down to work on some fanfic, and my muse decided it would rather write an ELL post. So I gave it what it wanted. :p

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    And the streak keeps on running... now the question is do I keep being superstitious or play the odds that I should post???

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Translation:

[​IMG]

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

^^^^^

I like this guy's idea of superstitious. I think you know what you need to do ;)

Trieste and CPL_Macja like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Eat some quinoa queeno before the next Monarchs game when you're tailgating.

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and CPL_Macja like this.
  16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    It's only weird if it doesn't work!

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Funny, I think the Force used to have a player of the name 'Queeno' when they won the LFL title a few years back . . . [face_whistling]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sub-GM Important Note

As I have mentioned to a few players already, I will be going back to college beginning next month on a grand adventure known as "graduate school" (but obviously less important than a Galactic Cup chase). As such, I intend to start scaling back my involvement in the game starting with this upcoming offseason until such a time as I can find more time to ramp it back up. Since I have so many fingers in different add-on features for this game, I will need to delegate some of those tasks to other players.

Some of these features include, but are not limited to:

• College award winners (plus Helmsman finalists and winner)
    • Weekly Power Rankings
    • Draft Rankings
    • Mock Draft
    • College headlines
    I will be holding onto the College Playoffs for this season, but after that it will be added to this list.

Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Most importantly, congratulations Jedi Gunny! That is fantastic and I have no doubt you'll do great in your field of study.

Secondly, thanks for all of the work that you've done in putting together these pieces for as long as you have. I fully appreciate the amount of effort that goes into them.

To move forward, I'd like for everyone to think about which of these features are important to you. If they all are, that's okay! It goes to show what a robust universe we've collectively created through the help of Gunny and all of you. To continue any of these features, we will obviously need people who are willing to pick them up. For features that have broad support we'll do our best to make sure that we find someone to take them up moving forward. Features with less support can still exist, but it will fall to those who want them to create them.

Regrettably, I do not have the availability to pick up any of these features given the rest of my ELL workload.

Though it wasn't on the list, from time-to-time Gunny has done an end-of-season All Pro Team for the ELL. I've been thinking about that feature in concert with the All-Star Game. I think it's good to recognize teams/players that have good seasons in some fashion beyond the awards. However, the ASG has not had much participation in recent seasons. It's partially due to the fact that we haven't taken a week out of the season to do it, rather wedging it in to a weekday during game week. Perhaps a restructuring of the ASG is in order to either make it more like the All Pro Team or perhaps dropping All Pro as part of a more robust ASG. These are the sorts of discussions that it's a perfect time to have. :)

Runjedirun likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I can take over the college playoffs after the season if need be. I probably don't have time to take on anything else.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    See, I knew there was something I was forgetting. :p

Just my two cents, I could keep doing the All-Pro team if people find that interesting at all. I know it butts the heads of imaginary players into other imaginary players, but it's a fun little "who's the best?" exercise.

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I have greatly missed the Power Rankings this season and really would love to see those back. The rest are on the "nice to have" list, but aren't really that important to me. :)

23. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My plate is full with the LFL, which I have very much enjoyed taking over thus far. I'm just very strapped for time in RL and it is the only extra I can handle.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    As far as the Rankings are concerned, it could be boiled down to something as easy as just an arbitrary number ranking. The extra little bit of commentary could easily be pushed by the wayside.

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    On the contrary, the commentary portion is what I enjoy the most about it, more so than the rankings themselves. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.