main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    In honor of a Carratosian being the top ranked forward and thus out of my reach, unless Gunny wants to make a deal, I give you the song that inspired Mar’grit “Cutty” Evers-Sark.

This also gave me a good idea of her character as well but, whoever gets a hold of her first can characterize her however they like.

Runjedirun likes this.
  2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Two Days until the Draft. :D Best time of the League calendar.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You sound like a BROWNS fan. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I didn't actually announce it, but yes, the Draft will begin on February 3. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I get it that the teams are gathering for the Draft, but where are they gathering? :p Trieste, I think we need to figure out a location for this year's Draft.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    MandalMotors Hall is always available for the ELL's needs. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Normally Rydonni Prime would volunteer but travel to and from our system is going to be problematic once my post goes up.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via my comlink

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I keep forgetting, but this is the last chance everyone has to entertain me with trade offers for the first overall pick.

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I had a random idea, but I'm happy to move to Mandalore since Bardan_Jusik has volunteered. :)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Just for kicks, what was the random idea?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Hey go with the random idea, I was just volunteering in case no one else wanted it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The Draft seems to work on Mandalore every time. The booing of the Miners/Smugglers always makes it fun, right? :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well there is that. :p Now you can add the Pirates to the booing mix too.

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Or maybe they're not booing, and they're just yelling "LUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!" :D

That gets me every time in RL. It always sounds like booing, but it's not.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It was what it sounded like--holding the draft on a totally random planet! There was going to be Lokensgaard booing and everything.

Oh. My. Gosh. Now the Miners are going to have to draft a player named Kuhn so all the times they get booed it'll be pumping up that player. But wait--Kuhn would have to play for Agamar with a name like that, right? ;)

16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I think of Bardan_Jusik 's characters when riding home all too much because of the local sports guys. Today's topic started as what day in sports would you want to live over and over because it's Groundhog Day and the Bill Murry movie. They start taking calls and the very first caller describes his perfect day when the Redsocks beat the Yankees to move on to the world series... and he says it was almost as good as the first time he "you know". Seriously guys always go back to the same topic :p

Somehow that got to what you would be willing to sacrifice for the Redskins to win it all next year. A year of your life? I wonder what Mercs fans would give up to see their team get another title.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh I might have to turn that into a show in the future.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Here's a question that was once posed on the Sharks blog that I read. The Sharks have never won the Stanley Cup. They are the oldest team to have never even gone to the Stanley Cup Final, despite very good regular seasons. Some players in this game can probably approximate this feeling.

So here's the question: would you rather
    1. Experience every moment of a championship run, but then immediately forget it every happened the day after the championship; or,
    2. Remember none of the championship run, but always remember that your team once won the championship?
    And, of course, we're talking about limmie here. :p

P.S.

[​IMG]

See how excited we are for the Draft? By the way, sorry for a short OP...but...you know...life and things happened. Didn't want to hold things up for all of you. Don't worry--my draft post is going to make up for it.

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    My pick is now in. Let's get this thing rolling! :D

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have my pick all set, but won't be able to work up an epic enough post for it until later this evening, possibly tomorrow afternoon. :p

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    By "some players", you're probably referring to me. :p Hapes may have a few championships, but those were long before I took over, so I don't count them as my championships. One day my time will come.

As for the question, I'll pick... um... this is harder than I thought... um... uh... number 2. Because not remembering that I had ever won a championship would be pretty bad. I'll give up the championship run itself if it means I will always be able to say "I won a championship."

CPL_Macja likes this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I definitely choose two. Yes, it's great to experience, but being able to brag about the fact that it happened is perhaps more important. [face_laugh]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I have a question or two for everyone Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Jedi Gunny jcgoble3 galactic-vagabond422 Vehn (that's everyone currently in the Future's League). Because my life is crazy. I have very little time to put into this and I am wondering

A) if we even want to keep this up atm since there's very little participation. I was just doing it because I was the one rolling.

B) if anyone has time and wants to run this league.

I'd be happy to keep doing what I'm doing. All I am going to do is randomly generating a schedule and posting scores, the schedule is really the only time consuming part. But even that little bit of free time might help me at the moment so if anyone else sees this like I do. Or if anyone wants to take the reigns let me know!

This is how I see the Futures League: Positives - A great idea. Gosh I kinda have two Limmie teams. I have somewhere to pull players from when my team sucks or if I want to injure beings.
    Negatives - I don't have time for this. Over half the people with teams never or rarely even mention them.

Please share your opinions and/or thoughts. Here in the thread or PM me. I'll still analyze my results and give them out. I'd love to hear form everyone. It's really not too much of a big deal for me to keep it up, I just want to know I'm doing something people actually care about.

thank you for your time.

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I would like to keep the league if at all possible. I use my team regularly.

Runjedirun likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I like having a minor league team to stash players on or draw from when I need them. I don't mention them much but have to admit they're nice to have around. :p

Runjedirun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.