main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Only a matter of time before Georgia finds out ;).

As Han Solo said in TFA: "Women always figure out the truth."

So true....

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Yes they do. In fact, I think that some of the women I know already know what I'm going to do. :p

In friendly news:
    • Home teams came to play!
    • And though the Pirates came to play, the Buccaneers came to ball. ;)
    • Guess that there's no rust on the regular Miners roster! (Unless they just used up all their mojo on a friendly, which I wouldn't put past them! [face_laugh])
    • Rough, rough friendly season for the Monarchs. You know what this means? 11-0 in the regular season for Rydonni Prime coming up!
    • Now I'm really curious who got the bulk of the minutes for the Starkillers--Zonka or Bat? That is the question...

Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    One week left until the games begin! :D

4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Woo! Best of luck to everyone this season!!!

Runjedirun likes this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    To everyone except the NPC teams you mean! :p

Trieste likes this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    O'phaz is called "Star City"? Now I think that every time the Pirates lose someone should say,

[​IMG]

Also, anyone who wants to help put together the Dac Mariners roster is more than welcome to do so. Seriously, just throw out random names and species. :D

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    My ideas for the Mariners roster have been sent via PM. :p

8. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Trieste It comes from the fact O'pahz is named after the star Carratos orbits thus the nickname "Star City".it is also the planetary capital so it fits.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Oh great, I've won two friendlies this offseason. Last place here I come! 8-}

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I thought that had something to do with it. The Arrow fan in me just giggled when I saw it. Right CPL_Macja? ;)

11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    [face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl]
    [face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh]
    [face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl]
    [face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That is the best roster ever.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Oh good Maker above that had me laughing so hard. [face_laugh]

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I thought I'd just throw that up there and let you all find it on your own. :D

Thanks to Bardan_Jusik who suggested a real Abbott and Costello set of names for the team. ;)

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    We talked about them here, couldn't use the names for the draft because they have to be on the same team for the gag to work, but they had to be used somewhere, somehow. Mariners to the rescue! :p

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    But speaking of NPC teams, for the second straight time the Truce Day game is against an NPC.

[​IMG]

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    So, it has come to my attention that my ambitions with the character of Jonas may have been confusing for everyone to follow. Now that I've had some time to refine my goals with the character, here is a much better explanation of how I view the viability of this character in response to collaboration opportunities with other players:

Jonas won't just be dealing with PCs. No, he can work behind the scenes to create more "headline material" stuff. For instance, when the Miners went on strike last season, Trieste had a post dealing with the repercussions of the headline and the fallout that the strike had on the organization. But it semi-started with a series of headlines, or headline-material plot points. My intention for the character is to create material in collaboration with other players that can then be directly addressed by IC posts. For another example, I will use my own team.

Hypothetical Scenario:

Oh hey, here's interest from a few Senator players in the benefits of the Union - initial idea comes from here
    Bring Jonas into play, player PMs me what they want to see in a post (i.e. "Player X wants to see head trauma issues better studied due to retirement of Sharsy Wenips of C-Bucs last offseason over brain injury concerns)
    I write Jonas' perspective on something (i.e. something happens regarding the Union/player benefits/strike/etc.) - Jonas promises to bring this up with the League/action taken
    Material exists for PC to comment on in regular game posts - using IC posts as a reaction to whatever is said, using that character's unique perspective on things

In a way, your PC does not need to be a Limmie player in order to interact with Jonas. In fact, your PC does not need to even meet Jonas or be involved with the Players Union Members of player teams can inquire as part of a collab PM, for instance, and that gets the process rolling. For Bardan_Jusik, as another example, if a few Mercs players were interested in Union benefits (or were already members), and there was talk of a possible major event being promoted by the Union (let's say the head trauma issue), that material, even though not directly related to the PCs of Randy and Justin, can still be utilized as story material for IC posts. Thus, the Wave show can cover what the Union is up on said player issue.

While I am assuming that players are not required to join the Union upon entering the League (unless we all agree on that), there will likely be strong incentive for new players to want to join. Players on other teams might be interested in cashing in on mold-breaking contracts like Runjedirun had the Tills hand out to star players this offseason, or for jcgoble3 and the fallout of Wenips retiring and how that might affect other C-Bucs players' stance on how the League deals with head trauma. So there is plenty to play around with here.

I hope that clears things up a little. If you have any questions, message me. [face_peace]

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The head trauma issue is exactly what I was interested in potentially exploring later this season. ;) But again, that's later this season.

Thanks for the better explanation of how Jonas will be utilized. :)

Vehn and Jedi Gunny like this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Had an amazing experience last night, got to see the Lake Erie Monsters (Cleveland's AHL Hockey team) win the AHL championship in overtime and lift the Calder Cup. I was at the Minor league Akron Aeros (AA baseball) when they won the Eastern League title about a decade ago, but it was nothing like this. Tons of energy, and they had the whole arena opened up (they normally don't for an AHL game) so they had an NHL sized crowd there last night. My son and daughter were going nuts (they actually made it onto the jumbotron) and Quicken Loans Arena got to see the home team win a title.

How does that all relate to limmie you may ask? Because naturally as each player lifted the Cup and skated around the ice with it my thoughts went to the Galactic Cup and our "players" lifting it and celebrating winning their own championships. So yes, even while Cleveland is celebrating it's first Championship in decades, and "We are the Champions" is playing over the loud speaker, I was thinking about limmie. :p

jcgoble3, Runjedirun, Trieste and 2 others like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That's pretty neat! Well over a decade ago I got to see the next level down, the ECHL's Kelly Cup, awarded in a game 7 at home, though it wasn't a 1-0 overtime win! I also did not know that the Monsters played out of Cleveland--go figure!

Of course, I assume that this has only started the planning for the Mercs' next championship celebrations. :p

Runjedirun That was quite a full post! I liked the way that you got into Bat's head during it, including how he thought the personality step was stupid. The part about there not being an answer that was hitting the other person in the face was too funny!

Stewjon or Jakku...winless season here we come? Dac and Denon...you need to be shown your place.

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's given me tons of ideas for new characters, that's for sure. Though my son has decided he wants me to save some of them for when he is old enough for a limmie team. :p

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I want to give everyone a word of warning about this season.

I'm serious.

You don't know the power of the Dac Mariners. These guys have all the makings of a dangerous team. Watch out. I'm really meaning this. They have a history of going undefeated.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm on break at work so I think, "Oh, I'll go read the ELL thread. Didn't do that since putting up scores yesterday." I had to cover my mouth because I was smiling so broadly and so afraid of laughing out loud.
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean wavecast with Green Arrow on Carratos galactic-vagabond422?! Love it. (Also, I am this close to declaring an official rivalry with Carratos and I have the best trophy for it.)
    2. Vigo-Fostiir drama plus little Vigo taking out the scoreboard (maybe) Runjedirun?! Amazing.
    3. The return of Lars Vehn?! Awesome.
    And that's what three teams who lost this week did. Man, I never thought I'd say winning would be tough, but now it is! :p

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  24. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    People under 3' tall unplug everything ;)

The idea however sprung from a little person related to me who ran behind the counter Saturday at Target and hit the power button on the register/computer. So we had to ring up all our items again.

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    College game updates (especially the weekly polls) like that are the reason why Bardan_Jusik is just so much better at that stuff than I am. ^:)^

Vehn and Trieste like this.