main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Better? nah, I just have more time on my hands. :p

Trieste likes this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Seriously, don't blame me for the latest Lokensgaard shenanigans. Fact is stranger than fiction. [face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I blame my wife for even understanding the reference. :p

Trieste likes this.
  4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008

This explains a lot. It really does. :p

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I don't get it. Somebody explain, please?

6. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
  7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Ah, tabloid stuff. Explains why I didn't get it. :p

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Don't worry, it took someone telling me about this to know it happened. Unfortunately my Google News alert for "noble house of trieste inspiration, ell inspiration, commissioner lokensgaard inspiration" didn't come through for me this time.

CPL_Macja and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I sense Trieste getting a perfect break-up-themed song to use in time for the 285 season. :p

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Okay, not funny anymore Dac. Seriously. Not funny. Don't you dare make Vehn look like he knows what he's talking about. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    [face_devil] I warned all of you!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think Jaing might have had a very good day for the Mercs today. :D

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    So which teams currently in ELL have never won a Galactic Cup, or haven't won one in a very long time? I just looked it up, and it's been 34 seasons since the C-Bucs won the Cup. Any other notable droughts? I think somebody might be due for a long-deserved championship after tonight. ;) (Though the C-Bucs will need to start winning soon if they're going to pull it off. [face_waiting])

Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That is an excellent question!

First off, 10 of 12 teams in the League have won a Cup. The two that haven't are the newcomers: Stewjon and Jakku, neither of which was even known as a planet when the back history of the League was created. As for currently running droughts, here's the list:
    1. Carratos - 1 year
    2. Ralltiir - 2 years
    3. Rydonni Prime - 4 years
    4. Mando'ade - 5 years
    5. Nar Shaddaa - 6 years
    6. Bakura - 7 years
    7. Coruscant - 16 years
    8. Dac/Mon Calamari - 31 years
    9. Hapes - 34 years
    10. Denon - 36 years
    Considering that half the league is within a decade of their last championship, that's a pretty even distribution of titles...but we could potentially get up to 3/4 if we had all three teams in the bottom half (Coruscant/Dac/Hapes/Denon/Stewjon/Jakku). Dac/Hapes/Denon all won their championships in the previous iteration of the game, making Coruscant the holder of the longest drought within the bounds of the current iteration.

And as for Hapes, I am greatly embarrassed by the fact that the Miners are 13-3 against Euceron/Hapes under jc's direction, including the last 8 straight. Every time I play the Bucs I'm like an old time Notre Dame fan going into the Navy fan: "Okay, this is going to be the year that they beat us." Here's hoping it doesn't take 40+ seasons for that to happen! Jc, your patience and forbearance is more than admirable!

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Clearly I need to find a Coruscant-born megastar who totally blew off my team at one point to come back and miraculously win a title by taking over the game. [face_thinking]

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh man. The Textbook Rivalry. I love the name! Also, I like how the Starkillers now have two rivalry trophies they don't want to "win". :D

Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Best. Rivalry. Yet. [face_laugh]

Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It's too bad Alana Glencross never played in The Textbook Rivalry because we know what that would have done like when she "won". (Watch around 27 seconds in.)

I guffawed at that!

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I've got a jar of diirt! I've got a jar of di-rt! And guess what's in-side it? :p

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Now I'm not sure which is better! [face_laugh]

This is why I love this game. :D

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think Jared Goff has a lot to live up to now in RL since his doppelganger is already off to a hot start here, eh, Trieste?

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Actually, because this game is usually the inverse of how sports go for me, I think Joff is going to vastly outperform any other inspiration!

23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    My activity may decrease substantially here in the next few days or so as my wife and I expect the arrival of our first child, who, naturally, will be a Smuggler's fan or risk being disowned [face_laugh] . I will be around peripherally but will do my best to keep story updates going as I have a really good idea for this season but might not have to the time execute it :)

The gender is unknown at this point due to inconclusive ultrasound way back when so it will be a surprise. We've got names picked out for boy and a girl. For the girl name, however, would anyone like to hazard a guess? I'll give you a hint: It's a name I've used before around these boards. In stories that don't necessarily associate with this game but may include names used in this game.... PM me with your guess. I probably won't be giving out prizes but a simple congratulations ought to be good enough ;) I'll let you know when little one arrives.

So that's the RL update from me. Good luck to everyone this season.

24. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Finally caught up on reading. galactic-vagabond422 another great post. I can smell the cigarette smoke when I read your posts. Most of all I love the ad at end in RL radio ads it's always "drink responsibly". On Carratos "drink like a Pirate".

And Vehn you're about to experience the best gift in life. You will make a great dad. What a lucky child. Surprise babies are the best. Both of mine were surprises by choice.

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    So Rydonni Prime has been in a state of quasi-lockdown and maybe-kinda-secession from the Republic for a year plus now. Maybe it's time they had a vote on that? :p

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.