main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah, those marathon things. They're really not memorable at all, so it's hard to remember the exact name of them. :p

I feel like LFL scores should also include weekly jokes about the Miners not having an LFL team, like "Why do they call Quinn Cundertol 'Dr. Strange'? Because he's a weirdo for not having an LFL affiliate like everyone else." [face_laugh]

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    All I have to say is I want to draft Michael Bolton to my team next year. He can sing songs in the locker room telling me about how a man loves a woman and pirates and really cool stuff like that [face_laugh]

Trieste likes this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I had been thinking about doing that post for a few seasons now, though I originally imagined Falene being the one doing the Michael Bolton bit. However, I realized this season that Horst was a much better option and it was time to pull the trigger with the Pirates coming up. Hopefully jcgoble3 will forgive me for not using it with the Bucs. ;)

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    For the record, I have not run tonight's post past Runjedirun in advance only because I don't know if she'll be able to respond tonight before I go to bed, and my work schedule for tomorrow won't allow me to get online until late evening, well after scores are posted. I wanted to ensure that I get the bonus roll for tomorrow's scores, hence posting now instead of waiting.

I'm not intending to god-mode here, so Runner, if there is anything in there that you don't approve of, let me know by PM and I'm more than willing to work out a mutually agreeable retcon and have a mod edit it in. :)

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Important news everybody!

Guess who's on the featured article on Wikipedia today?!?!?! Only the greatest midfielder to ever play the game! Clearly, she got this day so she could be on the front page for 25 hours rather than 24, befitting her awesomeness. :p

Also, clearly the Commish is going to have to have some headlines about Skimmer Ade. :D

6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It's fine. A concession worker wouldn't know this but the Vigo's would be more than happy to sell their sports drink to every other team. I just didn't think anyone would respond if I offered. I got the idea for Skimmer Ade after handing out Gatorade at a half marathon two months ago. Standing there hollering "Gatorade" for 2 hours made me realize it was pure marketing genius on part of the creator for the Florida Gators.

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And the Vigos are nothing if not savvy! Though given that Starkillers score I think they might be putting a little something in the Skimmer Ade! I wonder if Bakura got a shipment this week too...

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    With the All-Star Game coming up after next week's results, I would like for everyone to PM me the name of one player they want to see have a guaranteed spot on their Conference's All-Star roster for this year.

Secondly, I will bring back the Skills Challenge and Futures Games. Please send me participants for the Skills Challenge, and any players you may want to see in the Futures Game (they have to be either rookies or second-year ELL pros to be eligible). And I still need a host planet.

Trieste likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Two storied franchises lose to NPC teams by identical 4-3 scores? I call shenanigans! :p

Not really, I just wanted to use the word shenanigans. :p I do hate NPC teams though.

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    So the boards just reminded me, by way of awarding a trophy, that I've been on the JCF for six years as of yesterday. And, since I signed up specifically to play this game, that means today is the six-year anniversary of me joining this game (since it took about a day to get my character/team sheet together and get a PM response from Trieste). Woo! :D

And I still don't have a Galactic Cup to show for it. Maybe being a Cincinnati Bengals and Reds fan has cursed me. :p

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Six years--amazing!

Given the performance of my real life sports teams, that should actually be a benefit to you. :p

I bet that Cup's just over the next hill...

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    This is pure genius, except that the Redskins organization is nothing to be afraid of. The Redskins organization can not be compared to "Mr. MandoMan". (In my humble opinion as someone who has lived in the DC area for 30+ years). But I know that's not the point at all and I absolutely LOVE that you put it in your post.

Trieste likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I've been trying to figure out a droid/RG-III reference ever since the Browns signed him. :p Glad I was finally able to finagle one in.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh my gosh. I am so ashamed I did not get this reference until it was shoved right in my face.

^:)^ Well done Bardan_Jusik !

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It was subtle, which is not quite my usual MO. :p

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well at least Jedi Gunny got the job done against his NPC team. Trixie's going to enjoy the Miners scoring only 7 points against the worst defense in the League. Miners sure can't get their act together against bad defenses this season, can they?

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I don't think the Monarchs are an NPC team . . .

And this is your last chance to send me your All-Star selections and Skills Challenge players. Turnout has been poor, so don't make me choose NPC players. ;)

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Something I realized two minutes before reading this post. I tend to use NPC and non-bonus interchangeably in my head!

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The All-Star Weekend post is up. And no, the Skills Challenge is not a typo.

Trieste likes this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    My emotions right now:

[​IMG]

They are also Horst's. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Thank you Jedi Gunny for your hard work with the All Star week. I am hoping to post about it, haven't logged in or read any posts, just saw scores briefly. It will depend on if I can make the time. I want to!

Trieste likes this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm bundling my All-Star Game post with my weekly game post. It's already written--just in the holding tank!

23. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I might as well be an NPC team with all the tech and DRL problems I have been having lately :p

Yes, the rumors of my untimely demise (metaphorically) have been greatly exaggerated. My computer (which has served me well for the past 10 years) had its NIC fry out, so it is now strictly used for off-line projects. I thought I could fall back on my work laptop, but the next day my IT department called it in for updating and "cleaning". So that left me with Tapatalk... don't even get me started.

So now I am back on my work laptop and hope to contribute a little bit more than I have been. (At this point anything is an improvement)

Thanks for bearing with me through my technological struggles.

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    For a not-NPC team, they're still in the hunt...and with a game against the Miners left to go, no less...

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I loved this line so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.