main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Time will go by quickly enough and Tomas will get his start. I remember writing him when he was 8 and it was not that long ago. Besides I have a story line for Andres final season in '87 that I don't want to skip.

I will do my best to remember LFL final scores Saturday night next week. Busy times return this week with school, work and extra activities. I will try not to let it slip my mind.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Final is going to be a great game. I'm sorry to see that Coruscant lost. That's heart breaking. Is this the third match up in the Finals between Bakura and Mando'ade? This has become quite a rivalry. Mando'ade has the chance to repeat. Unbelievable. Bakura reminds me more and more of their eerily good luck streak during the playoffs. This is going to be a Final for the ages. Wow......

Good luck to the two of you.

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    So... Mercs in the finals, Crusaders somehow in the finals (a winless LFL Champion would be hilarious) and KMI is in the GCAA Playoff finals. I can only assume that next season my entire roster (all of them) will be struck down with a season ending bout of the flu or some such craziness to make up for the luck required to bring about these results.

Plus we have a rematch of last year's Galactic Cup game, how often does that happen?

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Not going to lie, I laughed.

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Hate the sin, love the sinner? ;)

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Trieste likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I laughed again. :p

Jedi Gunny and Trieste like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah, but every time I heard the song on the radio this season I thought, "I've got to use that song at some point this season," but I kept forgetting. :)

I've got my pre-Final song picked already and my song for either eventuality for the Final post too so it had to be now. ;)

--EDIT--

Just read Jedi Gunny's post and wow, from the high of the Miners' victory right to the low of the Senators' defeat. Reading that post brought how the loss lands home hard! I hearkened back to the Miners' back-to-back defeats in the conference championship game at the hands of the Starkillers. The wheel turns!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    It is safe to say that this game breaks everybody's heart.

My 9th season with the game was the 1st time I ever won a play-off game. The Starkillers have some crazy stuff hanging over their heads (both good and bad). 8 Finals appearances and 8 wins (only two of them mine). Both times we made the finals we were the lowest ranked play-off team and now I am the last PC to have not won a Commissioner's Trophy. (I think, if someone else out there hasn't won the Commissioner's Trophy speak up ;) )

Trieste likes this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The Mercs Commissioner Trophy win was before my time I believe.

Runjedirun likes this.
  11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I actually thought I had one, but for some reason (not too long ago) I went back to see when it was and realized I didn't have one. I try my best not to keep track of stats. I don't even keep track of awards, I should but I have my reasons.

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The Starkillers had one before your time, which might have contributed to your impression.

But yes, limmie is guaranteed to break hearts and drive us crazy. Unlike real sports, which never do that. :p

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Nah, you have to already be somewhat crazy to be a sports fan. Anything after that is up to the individual.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I guess the college scores mean that should the Miners just happen to win on Sunday, Bardan_Jusik and I will both understand each other. [face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Wow, that LFL result actually happened. 0-9 to champs. [face_hypnotized]

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

[face_laugh] I always feel so bad when I roll for my won team and they win.

Crazy, crazy game. Somehow that 0-9 record has to be remembered in the annals of history of the LFL. Of course this means the Mercs have a snowballs chance on Mustafar now after both KMI and Concordia won.

Trieste likes this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    More like the mojo is flowing and can't be stopped. ;)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    So I don't watch much TV, but I saw this at the gym this morning and I thought @Horst Penn has found an endorser!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Ha! Well, after today's result, he'll probably have to do the knock off version of that company. ;)

Congratulations Bardan_Jusik! You've made history in many ways today, more than I can count. ;) Unfortunately you spoiled my plan to post this great song (a personal favorite) in this thread today, but never fear! I have another favorite ready to go to encapsulate how the rest of us feel about pulling off the trifecta. :p

Oh, and that noise you just heard? I'm pretty sure it was the Miners' championship window being shut. There's no way this team goes back to the Final for five years. [face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    All I can say is what a year for Mandalorian sports. I have to believe that I've used up all my limmie karma for the next few seasons at the least. I'll try to get a post in tomorrow, but don;t be surprised if both Randy and Justin are hung over.

Also I'd like to open the floor to any changes or improvements any of y'all can think of to the college format. I've already decided to alter the bonus rolls that the "Super teams" receive to determine their season standings. basically in the past i;ve rolled two 6 sided dice for the "Super teams" and just one 6 sided die for everyone else. From now on I am going to roll 3 six sided dice for the "Super teams" and 2 six sided dice for the other teams. That should not only help to reduce the super team dominance (same two teams have met three seasons in a row in the Sweetner Bowl as a result of the super team bonus roll) but should help to alleviate the number of tie breaking rolls I have to make in each conference. If anyone has any questions or comments about the college game, I'd love to hear them either here or via PM. I've already gotten some feedback regarding the playoff system, which is going to see some major changes next season.

jcgoble3, Vehn and Trieste like this.
  21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Congratulations, Bardan_Jusik!! Wow, the 280s are shaping up to be the decade, so far, of the Ralltiir Starkillers and the Mando'ade Mercs. Two teams, two back to back championships. INCREDIBLE!

Great season everyone ;) Here's to many more adventures to come!

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    As a couple of you have asked, yes, the Draft will begin on Wednesday. Given that it's Ralltiir, Carratos, Coruscant, Bakura, and Mando'ade, I think we'll move pretty fast. How much time would people like between the last pick of the draft and the first game of the season? For example, if we finish the Draft by Wednesday, January 18, do you want to begin the season the following Sunday or is that too close?

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I wouldn't mind a break so adding a week in there between the end of the draft and the start of the season works for me. That gives folks time for off season story lines to develop and friendlies too. I expect a rather quick draft too I could easily see us done by the 18th.

Also, the Mercs will entertain trade offers. Looking to possibly move up in the draft, or maybe trade picks for future picks.

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm for Wednesday as a starting time, because I ran out of story material with my last post. But that's just me; I can work with a week off (now, if it only happened in RL as well . . . )

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    A week break is good Ralltiir is playing a friendly. Details coming soon.