main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Runjedirun who poisoned Trey Till? Who poisoned Trey Trill?!?!?!

[​IMG]

(I laughed about the Smugglers part though ;))

Runjedirun likes this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    A preseason game against a team of droids? This game just keeps getting awesomer. :D

Runjedirun, Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The draft is now officially underway and with it the new season!

Our friend CPL_Macja has been missing in action since late November. For the moment, I'm going to designate the Monarchs as an official NPC team. If CPL comes back to join us later in the season, he can take over at that time. For right now, however, I won't be tagging him and will make the GM decision that you can treat the team as an NPC for posting. (Don't go nuts.) I'm going to ask that we all refrain from contemplating trades with the Monarchs like we can with other NPC teams in case CPL does come back over the course of the season. At the end of this season, I may rotate the Monarchs out for a true NPC team.

I hope to get a library post for 286 up soon, as well as generate next season's schedule. :)

4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    For those who may have read my headlines today, the Meril triplets are indeed on the trading block for cash considerations. As I do not wish to get bogged down in details of how much cash, from an OOC perspective they are first come first served to whoever wants them. Leota has no compunctions about splitting them up to different teams, so you can choose to take just one, two, or all three of them. Each of them has one year left on his initial draft contract (i.e. the contracts expire at the end of the upcoming 286 season).

If you want them, send me a PM in a new thread (not an existing thread) indicating which one you want. If you are first, I will ask you to add Trieste to the thread so he can confirm and announce it.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I hate to say this, because I know the pain of losing a football franchise (though frankly if Baltimore wants these Browns too, they're welcome to them :p ), but are we now going to see a storyline where the Bakura Miners move to Lwhekk? :p

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Well, if it then means that the Miners are reborn several years later and stink a la the current Browns, I think the Solo Conference would celebrate.

And I will get my pick in later today.

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I was too busy playing a late notice hockey game to announce that the Bakura Miners are moving to Denon, a planet with an ELL limmie team that doesn't want another ELL team, where they will play in a shoebox that seats 16 fans total. [face_laugh]

Of course, the ownership of the Miners is perfectly happy with their old stadium that was last renovated 40 years ago and will never host a Galactic Cup Final, and they'd never be so petty, heartless, and incompetent as to spend 8 minutes with their existing employees informing them of the move...after leaking it to HSN. Oh, and then get on a plane to immediately start doing interviews on Denon about how they are going to have to earn the respect of Denon (which we all know isn't going to happen).

Well, at least not the current ownership. If Trixie ever got control of the team, she'd probably start cutting their financial reports into paper dolls and make this not just the Miners' new theme song, but also their motto, philosophy, vision, and stated goal. :p

And let's not even mention the moving truck speeders she'd load up in the middle of the night. [face_shame_on_you]

Darn, if Bardan hadn't already done this with the Mercs once, you would probably all force me to make this post my 286 plan. [face_rofl] Good thing I already have one. :p I'll let Trixie introduce it:

[​IMG]

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I can tell that this season for Trieste is going to involve a lot of references to days gone past in the history of the Elite League in between instances of Mihal yelling at kids to get off the lawn.

Trieste, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Ha! I'm excited for the coming season, but mainly because Bardan_Jusik just played into my plan perfectly. I look forward to Randy and Justin's interview with Beks Bloom about being on the Mercs. Because she's so excited to be moving to Keldabe, Mandalore! And she totally didn't manipulate the Mercs into drafting her because her ex-boyfriend lives in Keldabe!
    Not that this will happen since she belongs to the Mercs, but in my mind, Beks Bloom is straight up crazy. And I still almost drafted her. :D

CPL_Macja, Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    She's crazy? Makes her even more fun to write for. :cool:

Edit: Also means she will fit right in on the Mercs. :p

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    As I indicated in the thread, I have previously discussed with Jedi Gunny having a Coruscant Senators fan as a regular feature of my posts this season. Gunny has been kind enough to allow me free rein with this character, so I feel it's incumbent upon me to make sure everyone knows that Piper's opinions are indicative of hers alone and not all Coruscant Senator fans in the galaxy.

Even though Piper will not be a POV character, I actually wrote up a character sheet for her that I thought everyone would enjoy. :p

Name: Piper Fitzroy
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 254 ABY
    Physical appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Relation to Team: Wouldn’t be caught dead rooting for the Miners
    Brief Biography: Piper is not a Miners fan. The Miners are lame. No, she is a fan of the greatest limmie team in the galaxy. The one--the only--the Coruscant Senators. She might work at the Inky Raven as their new barkeep, but she’s not going to wear blue and gold. She will, however, serve you beer, take your tips, and tell you all about how awesome the Senators are. Which, by the way, is very awesome.

Runjedirun, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I like Piper already. :p

Trieste likes this.
  13. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I liked her up to this point.

Sent from the edge of a galaxy far, far away via my comlink

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    CPL_Macja You're back! Please note the post above on this page, quoted here for reference:

So the Monarchs are currently officially an NPC team, but you're welcome to take them back when you're ready. :)

CPL_Macja likes this.
  15. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks jcgoble3, Trieste and I have been in talks.

Sent from the edge of a galaxy far, far away via my comlink

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OK, so who is responsible for the schedule that has the Mercs facing NPC teams for each of the last four weeks of the season? :p

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Look at it this way: it will be easier for the Mercs to win those final four games. :-B

Trieste likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That's the hope. :p

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I have to give credit to our resident Knicks fan Runjedirun for giving me the inspiration for my latest pick. I will definitely try to fit the unicorn bit in somehow this season.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  20. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    On MSG they just call him KP. So I am used to hearing him called KP now. Didn't take long to think of a species for him.

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That would be the random.org list randomizer and the random schedule maker at Fantasyfootballguys.com (or something like that). So, basically, the mother of all non-player combinations. [face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Here I thought it was all left up to chance and a roll of the dice. :p

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Ladies and gentlemen, considering how quickly we got the draft done I think I can safely declare that we just had...

[​IMG]

A perfect week! :D (Yes, I'm still making HIMYM references years after that show left the air.)

I assume there are no objections to beginning the season this Sunday?

Vehn likes this.
  24. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
  25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Trieste, Vehn and CPL_Macja like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.