main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I don't know what you are talking about...*whistles*

And no, they never do. Lol!

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'll see what I can do to set up the Final this week, but there's a chance I might not be able to get anything up as life is conspiring against me at the moment. I have to work Friday and Saturday (I'm supposed to be unavailable on Saturdays, but a whole bunch of high schoolers requested the day off for prom, so they had to draft me to handle the expected busy crowds), and tonight the power button on my laptop died and I'm not going to bother paying to repair a four-and-a-half-year-old computer that has given me multiple problems, so I'm going to be buying a new computer this week, and it will take me a while to get it set up the way I want because I intend to wipe the hard drive and set up a Windows/Ubuntu dual-boot. I'm typing this from an ancient laptop (nine-year-old hardware except for the hard drive) that struggles to run modern Firefox (I have 80% of my memory in use right now with only three tabs open and no other programs open), so no writing will happen on this one (especially since I don't have access to my file of notes saved on the dead laptop at the moment). So I will have very little time with which to set the atmosphere.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Do what you can do, real life always comes first. If you don't have time, we're all familiar enough with Euceron to use our imaginations and fill in the blanks.

Vehn, despite the score I'm going with this as a hard fought match between two franchises that simply hate one another. Scary times ahead for the Skywalker (and the Mercs) with the Smugglers back on the upswing.

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I can help!

Everyone, the atmosphere is about 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, .93% argon, and .04% carbon dioxide, give or take. You know, a breathable blend for most species.

:p

5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    [face_relieved] That's reassuring to know Trieste! :p

And I agree with Bardan, jcgoble3. RL comes first, whether one wishes it or not. Do what you need to do. We'll always be here for later on. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Trieste... be glad there is no dislike button. Your last IC post would have gotten at least one.

As I said elsewhere...

Sent from the edge of a galaxy far, far away via my comlink

Trieste likes this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Why, because Vesper didn't get the team? [face_rofl]

There is an important codicil to my post that everyone should be aware of. If you'll notice, it's written from the perspective of media coverage of the event. All my posts this season will be the media's view of Declan Trieste, much like the quick in-game breaks that you sometimes see of a team's owner during media broadcasts. I was inspired by the several views of Arthur Blank during Super Bowl LI as we watched his descent into despair from certain victory. I thought this would be an interesting perspective for this season. Therefore, I will actually use several point of views that focuses on a singular character (the inverse of what we usually see).

Why is this important to you? For your game you will get the option for the coverage of Declan that I write to be from your team's home broadcast point of view (which I will check with you before I post) or either the Bakuran home feed or an HSN neutral feed. No pressure to select your home feed (though it would be fun to write for me!). You won't need to decide until your game against the Miners rolls around. :)

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I would love to see you writing from the perspective of the Mandalorian home feed, so that choice is already made. :p

Vehn and Darth_Elu like this.
  9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm totally going to ask for commentary in the Senatorial Showdown from Piper's point of view.

Vehn, Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I hadn't even thought of that! Somebody watching the feed that's watching Declan! Brilliant!

Darth_Elu likes this.
  11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    In a complete reversal of seasons past, I'll actually ask this before the Draft:

Who wants to host the Draft?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    To follow up my previous post: I am now up and running on the new computer with Ubuntu, save that I haven't transferred my files yet, and I need some of those files for reference material. I'll work on that tonight and/or tomorrow afternoon, with hopes of writing an introduction post or two tomorrow evening. :)

14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Meeeeee!! I'll host the draft.

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'll let Declan do the honors. :p

Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Vehn, I love it. I've always enjoyed reading about Austin's adventures over in Fields of Tesserone. Now we get to see him in this game. :D :D :D :D :D

On a side note, data transfer took longer than expected last night, so I'll work on a post tonight. My goal is to get something posted before I go to bed, even if it's not much. I actually have two things to write about this week, including the Final atmosphere and something else tangentially related that furthers my own storyline, so my work is cut out for me.

Trieste, Darth_Elu and Vehn like this.
  17. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Good Luck with your post jcgoble3 I knocked a short one out myself. Promise to do some catch up reading tomorrow. Time for the Thunder game. They very possibly only have two left this season.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Addendum to my IC post: ...and computer issues be damned as well. :p

19. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    VCU FTW!!!! WOOO!!!

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I knew you'd like that result. :p I sim the whole college season at the beginning to make it easier to work backwards with my top 25's and also pre-write my score "updates" when I have the time rather than being rushed every week. So I've been sitting on that one for awhile now. Congrats to VCU! Guessing those VCU draftees are going to get quite the reception on draft night now. :cool:

jcgoble3, Darth_Elu and Vehn like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    There are plenty of them this season too!

I must lament poor A&M--they just can't seem to finish it out. Good thing their coach is handling it well:

[​IMG]

Darth_Elu, Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    If he can't seem to finish it out, he won't care as he won't be working soon. :p

Congrats to VCU and all the VCU draftees! :D

And of course, another big congrats to Concordia - LFL Champions! [face_dancing]

…need to get my post up today so I have a chance in the PLL Championship. :p

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Bardan_Jusik, your teams can stop beating mine now! Ha ha ha :)

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The Mercs organization up and down is riding high these days. That's why in the first round of the draft I'm taking a highly motivated player named Tonya. She does what it takes to get the job done. :p

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

[face_laugh] I'm sure it will all come back to haunt me in the season's to come. For now just going to enjoy the ride.

Vehn and Darth_Elu like this.