main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    [face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl]

And at least one of them is too lazy to bother filling out his ballot in the first place. (I haven't voted for awards in quite a few seasons, mainly out of laziness. :p)

Trieste, Vehn, Bardan_Jusik and 2 others like this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Bad jcgoble3! Bad!

I voted in each category! Honest! :p

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I couldn't help myself... everyone else has had at least one meta-post it was about time for me to do one. ;)

Sent from the edge of a galaxy far, far away via my comlink

4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Ok, time to rush in a last second post...

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

The wait was worth it! [face_laugh]

Darth_Elu and Trieste like this.
  6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    The Limmie gods giveth and they taketh away

7. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I never thought I'd see a threepeat coming, but of course the ones to finally do it would be one of the most passionate fanbases in the actual Star Wars canon. Now their heads are so big they won't be able to fit in their helmets. :p

Congratulations to Bardan and the Mercs! (Purposefully not TAGed so it doesn't spoil his anticipation. :p)

And as for the Beast Riders--that's a winning streak the likes of which hasn't been seen in some time. I suspect the Beast Riders might be getting some other exciting news soon...

I'm planning on starting the Draft on Wednesday. Stay tuned!

8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    So, I have to say, I may have a lot of Galactic Cup championship won over decades of Nar Shaddaa winning it all. But what I have seen these last three seasons is nothing short of jaw dropping phenomenaI run. I have never, and probably won't again, see a three-peat for the rest of the time that I play this game. The odds are too great, the epic feelings are too awesome, and the Mando'ade Mercs are just unbelievably blessed by the random dice roller :p.

Wow! The 260s were the 'equitable' ELL championship decade. Nearly everyone got a good run in there, well, most everyone. The 270s belong to the Miners and Smugglers and other franchises to a lesser degree. The 280s, and is there really any question now, belongs to the Mercs franchise. Granted, Ralltiir, I have to give props to for a back to back championship run in the early 280s. Still, though, this has been unbelievable.

Trieste and I have played this game from its conception. I ain't never see anything like what we've witnessed since all of you have joined the game.

CPL_Macja, sorry that it came out that way in the score. Having lost a few Cup chances myself, I don't know what's worse. Getting blown out or losing by a few points.

Here's to a glorious 287 campaign. May the odds ever be in your favor!

9. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Guess I shouldn't have angered the randomizer with my meta post

Darth_Elu, Trieste, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

After this run I'm due for a heck of a lot of "taketh away" by the limmie gods. Really can't believe the luck this has taken to just get to three consecutive finals, and I know it will equalize out somehow later, but am actually kind of speechless right now. Winning two in a row takes the luck of the die to roll your way (hell even once does), but now three? Yeah, I'm dumbfounded, but excited, to be a part of limmie history, especially against such a worthy opponent.

CPL, despite the score, I'm still seeing it as a hard fought game between two teams that don't know the meaning of the word quit.

11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    :boba: An papta Mando'ade! :boba: (We need a Jango helm too)

May the Mercs flag fly high today Bardan_Jusik!

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hey everyone,

A reminder of two resources when it comes to free agents:
    Specifically, all free agents are subject to a 48 hour hold to allow everyone to have an equal opportunity to put in a claim. If two teams claim the same free agent, the random number generator is used to resolve which team gets the free agent. Happy signing!

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Vehn, the remark in the opening paragraph of your post about it being winter reminds me that I need to dig back into the game thread and find the information I need to calculate where the ELL season is now in relation to the local Euceron calendar. My gut feeling tells me that the Final this season was somewhere around mid-fall to early winter, so the snow should be OK, but I will eventually need to know precise figures.

For those newer to this game, in my original run with Euceron, I established that the Euceron local solar year is 14 standard days longer than the galactic standard year on which the ELL calendar is based, which results in the ELL season occurring two weeks earlier in relation to Euceron's calendar (and thus Euceron's winter/spring/summer/fall seasons) every year. When I entered the League in 264, the ELL season took place entirely in the summer, but by the time the Storm went bankrupt in 279, the ELL season was solidly in the wintertime. Here, seven seasons later, it's probably a late summer start to the season and an early winter finish.

14. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ralltiir has 18 hour days and less than 300 days per year. I just always go with what's the weather outside my own window....so this season it's gonna be hot, hot, hot! I have no idea how they function on a planet with 18 hour days, I just assume they use the same standard clock as Coruscant and pay no attention to the sunrise. Figuring all that out would be way to much for me, mostly I use normal days and ignore logistics. The day I get paid enough to quit my day job to write Limmie posts is the day I work on those logistics....and probably the same day hell freezes over ;)

15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Thanks jcgoble3 for the weather reminder! I took a gamble and a bit of creative license with the weather. Probably should have run it by you first

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I completely ignore Bakura's orbit and rotation and just do whatever I want for exactly this reason. ;)

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's always sunny in Salis D'aar. :p

Darth_Elu likes this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Nah, that's fine. The great thing about this game is that if we make a serious continuity error, we can just agree on a retcon and have Bardan_Jusik edit it in. :p

As for the discussion above, Ralltiir and Bakura both carry the baggage of being planets heavily described in the EU, so those approaches make sense. With Euceron, I had the advantage of the planet only ever appearing in a single young readers novel and thus having very little canon information about it, so I could make up my own stuff in this regard.

I do keep it simple: I use the Legends definition, taken from the old WOTC RPG books, of Coruscant's year (and thus the standard year) as 368 days (ignoring the NuCanon sources that change that to 365 days, as those sources hadn't been released when I started defining this stuff), and then state that Euceron's local year is exactly 14 standard days longer (making it 382 days). That's all that I've formally defined.

I've never specified how many standard hours are in a local Euceron day; while I have written that Euceron has a 24-hour day, this is mostly just a convenience for me when I need to specify a clock time (as it allows me to use Earth-style times). I've never actually specified whether those 24 hours are indeed standard Coruscant hours or if they are "local hours" that vary slightly from standard measurements, and I probably never will specify for the sake of keeping things simple.

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I honestly haven't worried about determining all the information regarding Onderon. I have thought about looking at it and considering adding those elements, buts its just so much simpler to say 'Eh.' :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I've had it rain on Nar Shaddaa and then retconned it to being artificial rain to clean the filthy streets...but even then that might not be enough to take the stench away. Out of sight, out of mind, says us.

Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Since we're talking weird seasonal things here I'm just going to say that around 282 or 283 (I'm not sure which) I decided to make Limmie a spring/summer sport for O'Pahz rather than what seemed the default fall/winter sport it was for everyone else (Except Euceron it seems). This is either due to O'Pahz being in the southern hemisphere where as everyone else's home cities are in the northern or just that Carratos's tilt is backwards from everyone else's. I've tried to keep it consistent since I started doing that though I rarely make mention of the weather.

Darth_Elu and Runjedirun like this.
  22. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm just glad I chose the easiest planet to determine weather for because it can be Fall for me and everyone else has to try and work around that. :p

I'm also interested in talking trade, either with draft picks or players. Doesn't matter to me.

Darth_Elu and Trieste like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Actually, it just rains 95% of the time on Bakura, so it always feels like fall and winter (which is what I think winter is living where I do :p).

Darth_Elu likes this.
  24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Thinking Onderon will be doing the same as you galactic-vagabond422. Its a fairly temperate world with good weather, so they'd wish to showcase that as much as possible.

Or at least, Antaro would. Tourism and all that. :p

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.