main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, being the Starkillers they better not have any around!

Excited to see the new schedule up! No NPCs for me for a while. Exciting. :cool:

Confirming the start of the season is aimed to be next Sunday?

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    My first-round pick is as close as we can get to an on-field Chain Chomp.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  3. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Chain Snag at any rate. [face_devil]

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    TRUCE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from the edge of a galaxy far, far away via my comlink

Trieste, Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    The start is totally dependent on when we finish the draft.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  6. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Personally, I say we start the season with only one player per team. 8-}

7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I was most likely the only person in this thread who never owned a Nintendo and had so little interest in these things that I never even wanted to play on the one at the neighbor's house. So I can't add to the conversation. I have also had a CRAZY week. Seriously this morning when I was packing bags I put my wallet in my pre-schoolers back pack. I had to drive across town to retrieve it at lunch (how funny is that). I share because I am just happy I found my wallet and it clearly illustrates how upside down my life has been this week. Anyway I am hoping, hoping, hoping to have a post up very soon :)

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Schedule release is one of my favorite parts of this game. I never know how the season is going to turn out so I can't circle any games as easy wins or guaranteed losses. Good luck to everyone this year except for the Mercs. Three titles back to back is enough. You hear me? You are done

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think the thread was just won. There is no comeback to that.

12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    There is but the TOS prevents me from posting it.

Jedi Gunny, Trieste, Vehn and 2 others like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Just translate it into mando'a. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Hand gestures don't need to be translated o_O

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You mean the one the Michigan man in Bardan_Jusik 's post were flashing, right? I think that says threepeat pretty clearly. ;)

Bardan_Jusik and Darth_Elu like this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Just want to say, I love this game.

[​IMG]

17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I've now heard every song that Bardan_Jusik is going to use this season.* Half of them are already in my iTunes. ;)

*Unless someone else gets there first...like, oh, I don't know...three and a half years ago.

Bardan_Jusik, Darth_Elu and Vehn like this.
  19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    The Mercs picked the guy out of Keldabe…Shocking! :eek:

:p

Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Reminder that I am seeking trade offers for my third-round pick. I will NOT have time to make that pick myself for several days, so if you want the draft to finish in a reasonable amount of time, I need trade offers in my inbox. No reasonable offer will be refused (as long as it trades me completely out of the 287 draft, of course).

Darth_Elu and Vehn like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    We've had teams trade out of the draft before, but we've never had a team trade into the draft until today!

22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    First for everything!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    And we've never had players refuse to be drafted.......well NPC's anyway. Darn artificial intelligence. Darn you!

[​IMG]

24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    These NPCs are starting to get uppity. An uprising. A revolution!

We must put it down I say! CPL_Macja, force them to be drafted. And like it! [face_devil]

Trieste, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hey gang! Darth_Elu mentioned that the first post of the ELL thread is truncated (and it has been for some time). Since this can be the first impression new players have of the game, I'm going to update it through the gracious mod abilities of Bardan_Jusik. Here's my current draft. What more should be added to properly entice new players?

It all began in 262 ABY. A third Republic, born from the ashes of a bitter civil war that tore the resurgent Galactic Alliance, ranges over half the galaxy from Zonju V to Ithor, bringing peace and stability to its member worlds. From Hutt Space to Enarc, the Roon Federation fosters economic growth among planets of the Outer Rim, determined to make their own way apart from the Core. Independent systems range from the Hapes Cluster to the edge of the galaxy, always with one eye watching their neighbors. Though the galaxy is not unified, it is at peace.

Except on the limmie field.

[​IMG]

In the Core its name is limmie. In the Rim it is known as bolo-ball. To the Mandalorians it is meshgeroya, “the beautiful game.” No matter what they call it, sentient beings throughout the galaxy go nuts for the sport. The some of the galaxy’s most heated arguments concern matters like who the best player in the galaxy is. Fans have been known to riot when their team loses--and when they win.

Some teams play in regional leagues. At higher levels teams participate in galactic leagues. Only the select few receive the privilege playing in Elite League Limmie. The Elite League is the pinnacle of the sport, the highest level of competition in existence. It is the Elite League that hands out the most coveted trophy in the galaxy: the Galactic Cup of Limmie, the three foot tall silver chalice etched for all eternity with the names of past champions.

Every season features passion, artistry, and drama as each game unfolds. There is glory to the winners and heartbreak for the losers. Politics both on and off the field permeate the sport. Dynasties rise and fall. Today’s unassuming rookie could be the face of the sport tomorrow. Beneath the surface the credits flow through it all. Every emotion in the galaxy can be found on the limmie pitch, which leaves only one question:

Are you ready for some limmie?

[​IMG]

The Important Details

Elite League Limmie is a sports-based RPG set in the Star Wars galaxy in a relatively peaceful era, well past the events of the films. Players in the RPG assume two roles. (Note: For the sake of clarity, a Player, capitalized, refers to the person who makes posts and roleplays. A player, lowercase, refers to a character, NPC or otherwise, who is a member of a limmie team.)

The first role is managing a team participating in Elite League Limmie. Players are responsible for the creation of a roster, which need not extend further than names, genders, and species. These rosters may be changed by trades, free agents, drafting players, minor league call ups, and reserves from the bench. Players may invent their own team but they can also contact the GM to receive a list of teams already in existence thanks to over 130 years of Galactic Cup history. The GM can help Players create or find a team.

The second role that a Player is writing posts in the game. A character sheet (found below) is required for the character whose perspective the Player will use to write about the events of the RPG. Examples include:
    • On field players
    • Coaching staff
    • Front office staff like general managers
    • Fans of the team
    • Gameday event staff
    • Anyone you can think of whose life is affected by limmie

Rules are posted in the game’s library thread. The most important thing to know is that posting in advance of your team’s game gives your team the potential to score 10 extra points. It might be the difference between victory and defeat.

New players are always welcome and can be integrated into the game even in the middle of a season. This is a limmie game that gives you a lot of creativity to tell the sorts of stories you want to tell in conjunction with the other Players in the league.

Contact me via PM to join! We hope you’ll join us--it’s always a wild ride!

Darth_Elu likes this.