main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I wouldn't really be interested in any extras right now. Too busy with Darth RL.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Mercs still with the outside chance at a four-peat seems crazy to me. Oh and congrats on the points scored record Trieste, I didn't realize it until I read your post and you mentioned them scoring over 300 already on the year. :p

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah, the Miners offense has just gone on a tear this season. Pretty incredible! Of course, if anyone was going to take them down a peg in a Truce Day game, I bet CPL_Macja and his Monarchs would be the ones to do it! I love that you brought in the Mercs falling in the Conference Final in 283 after setting that record. If the Miners get the Starkillers in the Final...well...that hasn't ended too well for Bakura, has it Runjedirun ? ;)

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Ralltiir has never won a home play off game. So I am looking forward to seeing if we break the curse this season.

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

I couldn't have them fawning over some other team without being at least a little snarky about it. :p

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well, for all the drama of the final week, the playoff part of the standings held firm. A couple of great games took place: the Mercs in an OT thriller and the Senators claiming their fourth conference win of the season, both of them finishing just outside of the playoffs.

However, for galactic-vagabond422, Vehn, Darth_Elu, Runjedirun, and me...

Vehn likes this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh you may have kept the Mercs out of the playoffs, but the road to the Galactic Cup still runs through Mandalore! :p

Good luck to all Player teams in the playoffs! To my Skywalker rivals, keep the Cup in the conference where it belongs.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    On my way out the door to a pool party with the fam. So I have writing to do later this week and I have to remember those rewards nominees! Just an honor to make the play-offs. Hoping I can beat the odds and at least go to Bakura for what would be an epic re-match after our play-off win during the regular season.

Trieste likes this.
  10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    After reading another excellent Rancor Pitt post by Bardan_Jusik , I had to look it up when those two were introduced. It will be ten seasons since that point when we reach the 288 season, and I think they have altered the game a lot with their analysis and organized chaos.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Mostly the chaos. :p

Honestly they are the easiest RPing I have ever attempted. Most of the time those posts just come together on their own with little to no effort (hopefully it looks like I put at least some effort into those posts though :p ) Crazy how time flies though, seems like I just started using them yesterday.

Trieste likes this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Ten years?!?! Wow!

My posts this season have definitely felt the influence of the Rancor Pit (which, hilariously, is a guild raid you can do in the mobile game, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, which I play). I actually have to remind myself to put in some of the visual descriptions since it's a HoloNet broadcast. Honestly, a radio transcript is just made for this game--especially the way that I run dialogue heavy.

When you think about the ten year anniversary coming up and everything they've done on the Pit, that Zumtak Award nomination might not be so far-fetched... ;)

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I think they'd be as speechless and I would be. :p

Trieste likes this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Pit is incredible! One of the best ideas for the game ever. I really enjoy the analysis and the bantering. Great stuff ;).

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The analysis is all made up...and the banter even more so. Y'all are easy to please. :p

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh so that's why they dislike the Miners, a.k.a. the greatest team in the galaxy. [face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Nah, that all comes from the heart. :p

Their dislike for certain teams comes from a sort of jealousy, just like I think it stems for most fans (whether they admit it or not) in real life. We Browns fans hate the Steelers because they win the AFC North all damn time, and when it's not them it's the ratbirds who stole their team from us which just makes things worse because we think "that could, have, should have, been us. Neither of those two fanbases gives a rats shebs about us though because the Browns are horrible. Sure they want to beat us over and over and over again, and laugh while doing it, but the animosity, the hatred, from them isn't there because they have nothing to be angry or jealous about with regards to the Browns. Works the same way in limmie.

Think of the teams the Pitt folks hate the most. The Smugglers, the Miners, the Pirates. All teams with very recent bouts of success, often at the expense of the Mercs. The Starkillers get a pass because they are in a different conference and the Mercs have never played them for a Galactic Cup. But how many times now have the Miners and Mercs linked up for a shot at the title? Three, I think, in the span of a decade, and right or wrong the Mercs one loss they attribute to a Mandalorian working for that opposing team. Familiarity breeds contempt, familiarity on the stage of the Galactic Cup finals breeds hatred.

The Smugglers of course is a great made up rivalry for Vehn's writing alone, but it comes so easily not only because of his posts, but because it's the Smugglers. How many titles have they won? I don't think I have enough fingers for all the rings in that franchise's history and they sit astride the conference as domineering giants. They're the big brother who bullies you at home and all the other siblings are trying to take down. Even with the Mercs recent run of success I think most fans around the galaxy would still think of the Smugglers when the Skywalker Conference is mentioned.

If the Smugglers are the eldest brother, the Pirates are the scrappy younger brother who forces his way into your room, breaks your things and then makes you apologize for it. This is another natural rivalry for the Mercs (being in conference) and wouldn't be possible if not for the fantastic posting of vagabond. We've had some great battles that have propelled one of us into the playoffs usually at the expense of the other. We've also met in the playoffs twice already, each of us winning once on our way to an eventual title. Mercs fans see them as this upstart team that doesn't know it's place. They need to wait their turn, and yet they burst onto the scene and just start winning, threatening to supplant the Mercs as the team destined to overthrow the Smugglers, and that doesn't sit well with them (or the Rancor Pitt) at all.

So basically the Mercs, their fans and associated media are the middle child of the Skywalker Conference (which is odd as I'm an eldest child) who is overshadowed by big brother, gets into fights with his younger brother and every now and again takes on that smug (dragon) bully from down the street. :p

[​IMG]

Vehn, Trieste, jcgoble3 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    =D=

That is what this game is about.
    I could not agree more. If Fu Arock was on the Miners, Bakura fans would think he and his post-goal rapping would be the greatest thing in the galaxy.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    To be fair, every fan of every team should think his post goal rapping is the greatest thing ever. :p

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  21. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    And, as always, the points don't matter. Not on Whose Limmie Is It Anyway? :D

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Great write up Bardan_Jusik!! ^:)^

Sums up the Skywalker perfectly. It's a nasty conference with Carratos fitting in so well in the dirty, nearly illegal play, of the other teams. Personally, I think the Smugglers big brother status is in doubt with a very capable Mercs franchise that finds ways to remind the Smugglers where to step off and a Carratos squad that is tenacious in its quest for recognition and dominance.

I have to say being placed in the Skywalker is where my heart truly belongs.....

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Clearly we're the better conference. Winners of four straight Galactic Cups and six out of the last ten... :p

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    But you don't have an awesome song.

I mean, what's a Galactic Cup next to that? :D

Jedi Gunny, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Keep the song, we want the Cup. :p

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.