main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Too hilarious Vehn!

If we're lucky and the Mercs, Pirates, Officers, Beast Riders, Starkillers, Senators, and Monarchs all agree, maybe it won't take 30 years for the next rematch. ;)

Vehn likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I think the limmie gods have determined that we only get a Miners/Smugglers matchup for the Cup now after a Mercs threepeat. I mean, I'm good with it if y'all are to start the cycle again this season. :p

Yes I know the limmie gods have actually decreed that the Mercs be punished over the next decade to embarrassment and mediocrity. I just couldn't pass on the chance to say that. :p

Trieste likes this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Actually, I think the limmie gods are angling for the Euceron quatrow. Heaven knows they deserve it at this point. ;)

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I won't argue with that! :p

EDIT: I swear on Scout's honor those awards are exactly as they came out of random.org's list randomizer. That the voters reached that deep for the Helmsman either says something about the strength of the winner, or says something about the weakness of the rest of the draft pool. Your call as to which.

Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The random number generator works in mysterious ways. :p

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think Artie Cuno feels left out from the award winners list. :p To be fair, I haven't looked at the draft pool to see if that character is actually there, but I hope they are. Because none of us need an Ultra Ball, a status condition, and a whole lot of luck/retries to catch them this time around.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    He's there. His name is Artic Uno. I used the Spanish numbers as the last names. And of course, poor Ketch Ashum is stuck down near the bottom of the rankings.

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey, he wants to be the very best, like no one ever was. That means starting from the bottom and working up to the top.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'll plead ignorance--who is Arctic Uno? :)

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    All of the names I submitted are Pokémon references. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are the three legendary birds, and Ash Ketchum is the main character of the anime known for often being incompetent.

Jedi Gunny and Vehn like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Sorry for the short draft post--I've been a little under the weather recently and didn't want to hold anything up.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I have finally made my first attempt at a holowave commentator post, and while it was definitely inspired by the Rancor Pitt and Bardan_Jusik, I know it can't come anywhere close to that level of quality. I can only attempt to imitate it, never surpass it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm busy the rest of the day today, but I have a gap of almost seven hours between classes tomorrow (morning class ends at 10:50 AM and evening class begins at 5:30 PM), and I'm not driving all the way to college and back home twice in one day, so I have to kill that time somehow. I think writing a post would be the perfect way to kill a couple hours. :)

Trieste likes this.
  14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Sorry for the double post, but want to make sure this is seen:

My third-round picks are on the trading block. I'm keeping two of the picks, but you're welcome to offer a trade for whichever single pick you want. I have the #16, #17, and #18 picks, which are the first three picks in the first round. I am seeking draft picks for them, either this season or next season.

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Now that I've given Jedi Gunny's post the time it deserves for a full reading rather than a skim, I must say that was glorious. :D

Vehn likes this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    At the moment, the Miners have exactly two players and zero coaches signed beyond 288.

[​IMG]

(Just kidding--I love it.)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I apologize for the draft delay, but I've been tied up with schoolwork all day yesterday and most of the day today. I'll get a brief post up in a few minutes. On the bright side, all this time on schoolwork has left me almost a full week ahead on homework across all of my classes. :D

Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have my post written up, just need some time to format it and actually post it. Should be later tonight.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You mean we actually have to post our prepared posts?

SO MUCH WORK.

[face_laugh]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's hard work making the Pitt Crew look like they know what they're doing, especially when they so clearly don't. :p

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ha, ha! almost had a heart attack skimming Bardan_Jusik post just now. My pick will hopefully be up soon if I didn't just spoil it for you ;)

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I'd be content with a laugh or two, maybe even a smile. Heart attack seems a bit over board. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Epic! So hilarious! [face_laugh]

Runjedirun, Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I've had that line in my back pocket ever since creating/submitting her. :p

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And I've had this gif in my back pocket ever since she was submitted. I guess this is my only opportunity to use it!

[​IMG]

Speaking of gifs...
    This made me think of:

[​IMG]

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.