main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Is that a satisfactory conclusion to the cliffhanger, Trieste ?

Trieste likes this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Really liked your post opening Jedi Gunny

And yes Bardan_Jusik you were first. I had a crazy work week and Halloween. Trying to start my post now. *Puts on thinking cap*

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

Very satisfactory! :D

And apparently "shredding" the Mercs is all the rage as it came up in two separate posts this week! I bet Randy and Justin will have something to say about that in their next broadcast, right Bardan_Jusik?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Noooo, so close! I dislike overtime. :p

Trieste likes this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Except when you win. ;)

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Runjedirun I loved the inclusion of Take Your Kid To Work Day. What a great inclusion in a post!

Runjedirun likes this.
  7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Have I ever told you that I love kids? You know what else I really like the Knicks new rookie, Frank Ntilikina, but he's too young to be Tomas Vigo :'(

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Two things happened this week that I am proud of.

The first is that on Star Tours I was finally...
    the Rebel spy
    Even though I have established the Miners own their own shuttle, I am now strongly considering just having them fly Star Tours to every road game. :p

The second is that my Mom mentioned while visiting my sister and her husband that my brother in-law was watching an animated Star Wars show (I'm betting it was Clone Wars since that's on Netflix). She reported to me, "I was so confused. There were people wearing Boba Fett helmets and I thought they were the bad guys because they were wearing Boba Fett helmets, but apparently they were the good guys. I'm clearly way behind the times." I was so happy to know that she is instinctually not a Mercs fan, Bardan_Jusik. :D

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That's what winning three consecutive titles does in sports. Makes everyone dislike a team because of the success.

Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Boy, you are going to hate me. I rode that ride once last August and it was me. It was one of the few times I wasn't thinking Limmie.

Also do you all remember when Tim Hardaway Jr was the face of Bat Vigo? He's been dancing after clutch shots lately and it is really special to me.

Trieste likes this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You must look especially shifty Runjedirun :p

I was recently asked about 289 draftees. I am absolutely taking them when people are ready to send them in. :D

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT . . . oh wait, the season's still going? Oops.

Trieste likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

MercsNation. :p

Oh I think I have some draftee ready in my notes, but forgot to send them in. I'll have to go check.

Trieste likes this.
  14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I just noticed that the conference records for this season in the library thread are outdated, as some games are missing from them.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Uh oh, I used those extensively in my post. Could the K-man be wrong? :eek:

:p

It would be so funny if he was. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I checked all of the conference records. The only incorrect records were three in the Skywalker Conference: Euceron, Dac, and Onderon. Each was missing one game. All other teams had correct conference records. I did not check the overall records as they are all showing 10 games. (What initially caught my eye was that Onderon was showing as having played only three conference games, which is impossible with only one week left in the regular season.)

Anyway, the K-man was correct on all of his numbers, since none of the incorrect records factored into the Commissioner's Trophy race. I'll be posting all of the scenarios for all of the teams in a few minutes as part of my first post of the season (!). Yeah, I really need to spend a little more time on this game. Hopefully that will be the case during the playoffs if Euceron makes it in.

Trieste, Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    K-man was right! [face_dancing]

:p

Thanks for delving into all of that. ^:)^

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    You don't know the power of how tempting it is to post for the Smugglers final match up this week. But.....since I'm an honorable person and I haven't posted all season, well, no point in starting now :cool:

Having said all that the rest of you have the knowledge that next season I shall return. Once more the Skywalker shall rule the galaxy.....

[​IMG]

And it shall be Shady's swan song. It's time for her to retire but before she does she's going to knock some heads around. I can guarantee that.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Post! [face_praying]

It's The Game of Rivals, and I always enjoy your take on the game.

Trieste, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks jcgoble3 for pointing out the conference record discrepancy. I recalculated the conference records for Euceron, Onderon, and Dac so they all have five games tabulated now in that statistic. ;)

Congratulations to Bardan_Jusik on his first Commissioner's Trophy overseeing the Mercs!

Darn Stewjon. Got in the way of what would have been a perfect playoff slate!

In other news, as Bardan pointed out, there is no Galactic Cup Final site yet. Barring volunteers, I'll award it to an NPC.

Season award nominations are now open. I'll take them through Saturday.

Also, how would you all feel about voting, like a true Board of Governors, about whether to boot NPCs? If we did, there would also be a ballot for what teams to admit. It could be fun. :)

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Richard Vigo would love to vote!

22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Vera Grames would love to vote! I think the Smugglers are out of the running to host the Final.

23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I think it would be smoothest to discuss it here OOC and then translate our votes into our owners' votes in a news article. With that in mind, Melkin Tunran offers these votes:

Keep:
    • Nar Shaddaa (obviously since they'll be a PC team again)
    • Stewjon (but PLEASE scare Rurra Eshka'mos for the lulz)
    • Rydonni Prime (long history with an established rivalry with the Miners, and maybe a chance that CPL_Macja might be able to return in the future)
    Boot:
    • Dac
    • Onderon
    • Denon

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Why not kick out all the NPC teams and go to an all-player League? It feels like we’re playing an NPC every other week in between us all being busy and the sheer number of NPC teams.

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If we do choose to keep NPC teams, I'd actually create an online survey to serve as a ballot. Heck, I could combine it with the awards ballot as well for one neat and tidy package. ;)

As for Jedi Gunny 's suggestion...that's very interesting. We'd be looking at a seven team league next season. I'd drop conferences with such a small number. That'd be a six week regular season. We'd either run a four team playoff, or we'd run a three team playoff where the Commissioner's Trophy winner goes straight to the Galactic Cup Final. Thoughts?