main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Good idea, though I'd prefer to keep an even number of teams to avoid bye weeks. So that would produce the original 8-team (including one NPC), 7-week format, with a 4-team playoff.

We did a format with 9 teams once before, and everybody hated the bye weeks (especially those who started or ended the regular season with theirs). Let's not do that again.

With this idea, my choice of NPC would be the Monarchs.

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I do agree that it seems like we play a lot of NPC's. I like to play the NPC's because if I am feeling creative I can freely write that my team enjoyed winning or tackled hard and I don't have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings in the process. Lots of times I curb my writing when playing PC teams just cause that's my personality. I don't like to treat others badly. I know how it feels to lose and I don't want to rub it in. So I really like NPC's. The season doesn't have to be 11 weeks (for the record I like 11 weeks), but I'd keep it at 9 and I'd keep the conferences.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I like Gunny's idea and then also the way JC went and built upon that. Longer season for me are harder but doable. A shorter season with fewer playoff teams could be good.......

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    OK, I guess we would go to eight teams like we did before so that we would have a seven-week season. I keep forgetting we have seven player teams and not eight.

And definitely keep the Monarchs as the NPC team, as JC suggested.

And a four-team playoff. The Commissioner's Trophy winner shouldn't get a free ride to the Final - otherwise the Miners would be guaranteed every year (or every other year).

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I actually like the league as it's set up now. Despite my denigrating the shabla NPC teams every week I play one, I really just don't like them when I lose to them. :p They do provide for a larger league, which I like as I actually do enjoy the longer regular season. Gives us more time for longer more elaborate storylines when we have the time to put them together. A larger league means more playoff teams generally too, which I am also a fan of.

That said, I think we could use a little tweaking in terms of which NPC teams we have (if we decide to keep any that is). Bring back the Rangers or the Patriots, we all love to beat up on the Patriots (also my son says when he is of age in a few years he wants to take over the Patriots and restore them to their winning ways). Keep the Monarchs, not only in the hopes that Mac returns, but also because they have been a mainstay of the league for so long now. The Mets, meh I wouldn't be upset to see them go (probably because I have never beaten those shabuire). Dac, I could take or leave. The Mercs play well against them it seems, but they usually seem to be in the playoff hunt too (not this year thankfully) I do do dislike an NPC team that takes away a playoff spot from a Player team.

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Only reason I brought this up is because we initially expanded the League to meet a growing number of player teams. The number of teams has stayed pretty consistent in recent years. We can expand the League later if more players join, but I feel like 12 teams in the League is too many when only 7 teams are controlled by a player.

7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Rangers yes. Patriots yes. I have said my piece on league size. I am ultimately good either way

8. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I made a draftee specifically for Jedi Gunny. He'll know who it is. :D

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    A very happy Thanksgiving to you all. I am continually grateful that we tell our stories together. It's a highlight of my week to read what everyone comes up with. I can honestly say that you surprise me more often than not. :D

Runjedirun likes this.
  10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Here here! =D= Happy Thanksgiving to everyone involved.

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    To Stewjon:

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    It's totally cool, I didn't want to win this year anyway and I know my franchise can't win a home play-off game. So no disappointment :)

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The Duneriders disagree. :p

[​IMG]

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    It would have been fun for our story lines. But maybe now I can write a post about Eriin and Yolanda trying to babysit baby Juliette, or would that be too much torture for my readers? :p

Trieste likes this.
  15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Given the fact that Stewjon blocked me from making the playoffs, this x1000. Especially since I beat them. Lesson to be learned here is that everyone must root for me so that I make the playoffs and the NPCs get left out. :p

Trieste likes this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I can't see a flaw in that logic, so I'm on board. :D

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    galactic-vagabond422 what a long game you played this season! Fantastic revelation there about Cutty's success! I couldn't have done it any better!

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I guess (and I can't believe I'm saying this) we are all Mercs now. :oops:

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It was unavoidable, it was the game's destiny. :emperor:

Either that or we all finally figured this was the way to truly break the game once and for all. :p

Of course it's against the Mets, why did it have to be the Mets?

[​IMG]

Mercs are 1-6 all time against the Mets (including playoffs) Not sure how that happens against an NPC team, but the Mets do seem to own the Mercs. So if y'all are counting on me to keep an NPC team from hoisting the Cup, well I'll give it my best shot...

Trieste, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This really is the disaster scenario. I mean, how is Lokensgaard supposed to kick them out of the league if they win the Cup?

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Sure, go ahead, just increase the pressure on me. :p

Guess there is only one thing left to do...

[​IMG]

Win the whole shabla thing.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I've lost to them twice, two years running, embarrassingly bad in the playoffs and you know what? I say keep 'em. I want to keep trying, I don't want the easy way out. But that's just me.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

Also, do you know what is the most awkward thing that can happen in this game?

Realizing that your character actually died on Hosnian Prime. :oops:

Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  24. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Typical Horst. I can't wait for Quill's little sisters, Fountain and Ballpoint. :p

Jedi Gunny, Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Considering Chris Pratt has also played Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy, it was too irresistible...especially after I realized the pun.

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.