main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I might need that name generator for getting Helmsman candidates. :p Seeing as most of us aren't doing so hot thus far this season. Including me.

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    And of course I traded for a first round pick that's currently looking like the lowest seed possible this season. :D

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You could always trade up. I am sure the Mercs will once again be active on draft day.

[​IMG]

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    To quote William Shatner on some episode of Star Trek (I'm guessing):

"But. At. What? Cost!"

5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Knowing me and the way my draftees are playing this year I may be giving them away! Maybe Taab will have to sell them for cash so he can afford to re-sign all the Mandalorian free agents the Mercs are going to have. ;)

[​IMG]

6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Taab interested in a rookie trade? My midfield/defense is horrible. Then again, I'm on vacation, so I really shouldn't even be here....:p

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Vacation? What is this thing called a vaction? There's not playing Limmie, which is time for scouting, but that surely can't be it.

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You aren't allowed to leave your computer. Because we will find you, and we will sit you down in front of your computer. :p

[​IMG]

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    We're very good at what we do.

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Marte Nalo: Jedi daddy. The twists continue!

Man, this season has been rough on a lot of people thus far. Cutter's drinking hard. Nadiem's going under. Marte might quit his job. Mando'ade is imploding. Coruscant's still bankrupt. Rydonni Prime lost almost its entire starting team and Setarcos quit. Alana's in therapy.

This is spectacular. :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yes, yes it is. ;)

Here is a quick question though. I know being a force user is strictly forbidden for us all. So can we assume at the pro level, ELL, PLL, and so forth would there be random midi-chlorian tests like they do in RL sports for PEDs? This doesn't really have anything to do with anything but jcgoble3 's last post got me wondering.

[​IMG]

13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I would assume that players would be tested for midi-chlorians once upon turning pro. Regular random testing would be pointless since it's something you're born with and it is known from EU material that a transfusion of midi-chlorian–rich blood does not make one Force-sensitive.

EDIT: Oh, and it's not "Marte might quit his job." It's "Marte is quitting his job." He's already made the decision, and the next game will be his last at HSN. And you can consider that public information effective immediately, if you want to mention it in your own posts.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Ah, but what if someone, somehow beat the test first time around? Never being tested again they could have a nice long career without fear of being found out. :p I would think it could be rolled into whatever PED testing the ELL does on its players.

[​IMG]

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Is someone thinking about playing a Force-sensitive character all of a sudden or something? :p

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    No, but I was thinking about putting something about random PED testing in my next "locker room" post, and this might fit in with it.

Ok full disclosure. If we had kept up with the Super16 I was thinking about introducing a force sensitive player who would be found out and kicked off the team. I would have had to clear it with Trieste of course, and the timing of when this player's secret would be discovered hadn't been worked out. It was more just an idea that I never fleshed out (because we ended the S16 game). Suffice to say any games that the StarBucks would have won with said player would have been forfeited.

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That would have been such a great storyline.

As for Force sensitivity testing, I never thought about the actual testing mechanism, but goble is right. They would have only been tested once.

And poor Marte. :( Quitting his job to be a rich retired guy. How's he ever going to survive?

I revive the betting thing and he loses all his money and he has to start coaching again. :D

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Shoulda, coulda, woulda. :p

And I like that idea there Trieste. ;)

[​IMG]

19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I have a plan to keep him involved in pro limmie. Basically, he's going to end up as a mentor to the Storm's first-round pick in the 272 draft, and over time, that player will likely get more and more of the focus until he/she becomes my main player character.

And really, if you look back on my history in the game, this is the first time I've stuck with the same character and role for more than two ELL seasons. I get bored quickly, so I need to shift perspective frequently (one of the reasons I've only ever joined one other game here in two years). I'm overdue for a change of perspective.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That sounds like a fun plan. I look forward to seeing it in action.

[​IMG]

21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Meredith Chambers is probably Force Sensitive....

*Crickets Chirp*

Yeah, right.

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I hear you on that one. So that's why weird stuff always happened to the Senators; to keep things interesting. :p

And I was mulling something like that over as well for a long time, Bardan. It's in the list of rules, so of course all of us would like to find ways to circumvent it for our posts. :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Every single bonus rolling team lost this week. It's official: posting is the best way to blow a season.

24. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Hence the reason I have stopped posting :p

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I see the Storm, after a good start to the season, are now in another one of their patented slumps. :mad::p