main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    [face_laugh]

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    This whole game is one big collaborative fanfic, if you ask me. :D

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I actually really agree with this. It's why I think the game has a very specific audience who thrive in it. It's not your standard RPG in the RPF. To this day I tell prospective players, "This game isn't for everyone, but if it's for you you'll love it."

Speaking of which, we're nearing the end of the season. Now would be a great time to think about finding some new players. Especially if we want to get a certain NPC team out of our hair...

4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Nah, keep the Jets. If nothing else, they can serve as a punching bag for when we get frustrated. :p

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Except that they keep kicking our sorry butts into next week. :(

6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh Trieste: I'm waiting on the League to issue penalties for the fight. Surely there have to be fines, maybe even a suspension (or two?).

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I can't believe you actually want some suspensions here . . . :p

Madness, I tell ye! MADNESS!

Madness? THIS.IS. SPAR - er . . . EUCERON!

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks for the reminder. Let me do that right now.

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Suspensions all around! Let's see how the loss of a good player hurts each team on Sunday.... [face_thinking]

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    By the way, to answer an earlier question, the last game I remember where there was a fight was the Miners-Chiefs pregame brawl before there were even refs on the field. Where nobody got suspended but everybody lost their pay.

So yeah, feel free to talk up the unfairness. :D

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Liam_Vehn I now want super tight security for next week's Smugglers-Miners game. When we win I don't want to hear excuses about "Oh we lost because Chambers was injured" or "Oh we would have won if there hadn't been that Hutt invasion." So yes, thank you for setting next week's game in the middle of a potential war zone. Super duper awesome.

[face_idea]IDEA!

Alana can help everybody kiss and make up and then she can get some really cool prize named after the inventor of thermal detonators for promoting peace. :D

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] The Lebon Peace Prize! ;)

The Mercs would love to play a game in the middle of a warzone. They would just see it as a chance to earn some supplemental income. :p

[​IMG]

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    [face_laugh] Oh that's too funny!

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    One never knows when firefight will break out at a Mercs game, so they always have to be ready. :p

[​IMG]

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, but I don't think shooting opposing players because you don't like them will earn you any money. ;)

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    If I thought I could get away with that I would have done it a long time ago! :p

[​IMG]

17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The security will definitely be needed. Barring some miracle, I doubt the Smugglers will make this year's Black and Blue battle competitive. We are in full 'Suck for Luck' mode right now ;)

I wouldn't admit that publicly, but between my fellow Limmie conspirators....:cool:

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This is Elite League Limmie. Miracles happen weekly. :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Miracles? Don't give Dubya any ideas. :p

Liam_Vehn, Fortune, eh? I wonder where that name came from. :p
    So then who'll be RG3? :D

Dubya_Scott likes this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Do we think that peoples draftees should be submitted before Week 7? So as to prevent, "Oh, I don't have a good seed so I'm not drafting this year?"

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I can go either way. I already have a group of potential draftees (given my lost season I have spent some time trying to figure out what to do wth my potential F/As and draft slots already). So whichever way the group decides I am good with it. ;)

[​IMG]

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'd like to get a list of names at some point, since I need to figure out my Helmsman finalists before too long.

And Week 7 sounds good to get names in. I have one ready to go, but I still need to figure out a few more to fill out my three . . .

23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    List of names and a deadline by Week 7 if you ask me.

24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Week 7 would be good with me. I could also go for a deadline of before the first round of the playoffs, since over half the spots (six out of ten) would still be up in the air at that point (assuming everybody drafts).

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Since we've waited this long, I'm inclined to go with before the Quarterfinals (also known as the Conference Semifinals) as the deadline for draft participation, just to give everyone a chance if they're busy at the moment. I would absolutely post players by position as they were sent to me so everyone could examine who's out there and once they're all in they'll get their random draft rankings courtesy of HSN.