main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

May 20, 2008
    OK, then. Could you PM me the strengths and weaknesses of your team, since we haven't really seen them play yet? Everyone else I already have picks in for . . .

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2009
    That would be cool to see a mock draft Gunny. Then when the Mercs go in a completly different direction the media can make fun of them. :p

[​IMG]

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Then I'll definitely do one. I think it'll be interesting to not just have the HSN rankings, but also an independent breakdown of who an as-of-yet-unnamed person thinks each team will take. Then we can factor that choice into our selections when it gets to draft time or decide to go in a different direction, causing the fanbase to either really get excited or start throwing various vegetables at your team representatives. :p

Which would be a real waste of fine produce, in my opinion.

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2009
    My fanbase is mostly mandos. They will be throwing something far more lethal than produce. :p

[​IMG]

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You can always trade your picks for cash and get more bucketheads in FA, you know. [face_whistling] Then you can skip the crazed fanbase reaction altogether.

Not that I'll be buying or anything. :p

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    To be honest I probably will be looking to trade down this season, but I will be looking to add picks (both in this draft and in future ones) as opposed to cash.

[​IMG]

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, you're in perfect position to do so. Except if no one else wants your picks. :p

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    If no one does then I have several players I would be happy with. Though I suspect at least one of them will be off the board by the time I make my pick.

[​IMG]

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Lemme guess: all of them are Helmsman finalists. :p

10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd be willing to see your list of favorites Bardan.;)

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Why Runner? Looking at trading out of the number one spot?

Gunny, possibly. :p

[​IMG]

12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hardly, I was hoping to steal your picks.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have Honey Ryder listed as #1 on my board. ;)

[​IMG]

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm not blaming you, Bardan. I think we'd all like to have all four of them on our team come next season. :p

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I think there is going to be a steady stream of lady players entering the draft from the Royal College of Hapes. :p

[​IMG]

16. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I have a feeling that I am not going to get anyone that I want to get, but my last post of this season is going to shake things up for my team.

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I would have asked how that kind of thing would be humanly possible, but then I remember that I've shaken my team up quite a bit as well, so I retract my point. :p

And Bardan, I've beaten you to that already. :p

Important:

The Helmsman Award Winner is Now Up. This may influence your decision come draft time next week.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    A surprise winner, interesting. [face_thinking]

[​IMG]

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yes, definitely a surprise. But it may mean that another good player will fall down to #3, #4, or even #5.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That's the hope. :p

[​IMG]

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    My mock draft is now being written. I'm thinking that I might go all three rounds, but if I deem that as too much work, then I'll just drop down to two.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Even just the first round would be fun to see.

[​IMG]

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The entire mock draft is now up in the game thread. Make of it what you will.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I will give you this, surprisingly accurate when it comes to how my own draft board looks.

[​IMG]

25. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2010
    I see that you stuck me with the Madden cover curse and a player with ego problems. The Storm do not need either of those. :p

Still, this is very interesting. Thanks for putting it together. I will certainly refer to it come draft time. :D