1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    I wonder why I would take a Middie when I have the combo of Dawn Solo-Silas & Laura Cynd-Nazug coming back next year.
  2. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    Someone doesn't update their roster enough to give me any good indications of what you need or who's on your team. ;)
    Trieste likes this.
  3. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    That will be getting fixed this season :p
  4. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 4
    Thank heavens. It's why my Semifinal post had to be very vague!

    I laughed out loud at that one! To be honest, I'm surprised that this is the first mock draft we've ever had. I'm glad you went ahead and put it together as I most definitely approve! I think it's fantastic and I'm almost tempted to do one myself!

    As for the Helmsman winner, that's actually who I thought it would be! What with the name and HSN having her as the top midfield prospect. Besides, I just have to stick it to Fortune. And if Andres winds up on the Smugglers as that mock draft predicts...oh heaven help us when the Black & Blue rolls around. That's going to get nasty. :D

    To be honest, I haven't thought much about my draft board. I mean, kind of busy going to Ryloth and all. But if I get bored at work this week... ;)
    Last edited by Trieste, Dec 31, 2012
  5. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    I'm glad it was vague it allows me to do what I plan on doing ;)

    Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6
  6. Vehn Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 14, 2009
    star 4
    The scary thing is, that mock draft is looking pretty accurate at this point. Nice job, Gunny.
  7. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    I spent a lot of time thinking about it. Way too much time, in fact. :p
  8. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 4
    Speaking of having way too much time, I've been meaning to throw a couple things out there for people who want to work on the Wiki:
    • I have the old overall win-loss records recorded somewhere. The only thing is that I can't remember when I last updated them. I know I haven't touched them this season because Ryloth and Onderon are not in them. It's just a question of whether I did anything since the move. So it might take a little detective work to find out how accurate they are.
    • Similarly, people have expressed an interest in the old game that Liam and I were a part of. I have the schedules for all of those seasons stored on my hard drive. If someone had a lot of time, I'd be happy to send them along for someone to import them to the Wiki. I don't know if having every game result in those threads would be worth it to people or if you'd just want to aggregate records, show the playoff rounds, and do the PS/PA/PD stats.
    I may try to work on the awards ceremony today. If not today, definitely tomorrow. Do people want to know now, later, or not at all what awards were tied?
    Last edited by Trieste, Jan 1, 2013
  9. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    I'll vote for later, as an afterthought for the awards post.
  10. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    If you want to send me the data I will be happy to compile it all and post it into the wiki

    Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6
  11. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    That will be a lot of data, but I think we'd all like to see it in one form or another.
  12. Vehn Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 14, 2009
    star 4
    I'll vote for later as well.
  13. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 4
    The air raid comes to Mandalore! Oh this is going to be interesting. :D

    And that was an excellent post @Bardan_Jusik. But really now, we have to go up against Picard in games? I can just see him after his first loss.

    [IMG]
  14. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Dec 14, 2009
    star 9
    Just wait until he adds the Picard maneuver to the offense. Resistance is futile!

    And yes the image gallery of him will be nearly as extensive as the one for Glencross, though not quite as enjoyable to look at. ;)

    [IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, Jan 1, 2013
  15. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 4
    Can I expect a particular picture when Vizsla wins a game?
  16. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Dec 14, 2009
    star 9
    ;) Possibly.

    I do think there wil be some sort of pre-game speech about the "line being drawn here, this far no farther!". :p


    [IMG]
  17. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 4
    I have taken a stab at writing up some things for inclusion in a Rules Post in the library thread. These would include in game rules, league rules, and game mechanics. I intend to type them up for everybody to review and discuss shortly. This is to make sure that I'm not forgetting anything in them, as well as for you guys to say, "Trieste, that sounds crazy. I should totally be allowed to assassinate League officials. How come you think that should be punishable by a fine and/or suspensions?"

    And speaking of shortly, this evening I will be posting the season awards post. It needs a little bit of formating, but other than that it's ready to go.
  18. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    Wait . . . back up.

    Limmie has rules?


    :p
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. jcgoble3 Shelf of Shame Winner

    Game Winner
    Member Since:
    Nov 7, 2010
    star 4
    @Runjedirun, nice post! One tip for you: posts are easier to read if you leave a blank line between paragraphs.

    @Trieste, I'm interested to see the rules post.

    @Jedi Gunny, yes, limmie has rules. :p
  20. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 29, 2008
    star 5
    Technically... But most of us break them anyways ;)

    Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6
  21. Runjedirun Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 3, 2012
    star 6
  22. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    You simply break them. I smash them, pile them together, and then incinerate them. :p

    Because I can.
  23. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 4
    Working on that awards post right now. Shouldn't take too long.

    So on a whim I asked our resident math guru, @Ramza, about whether or not the bonus rolls were, statistically speaking, actually hurting the bonus rollers compared to NPC and non-bonus rolling teams. His reply, graciously reprinted:
    So apparently all of you guys blaming my dice roller for being evil and mean might be onto something. ;)
  24. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    Then how does this explain why the Jets always win? :p
  25. jcgoble3 Shelf of Shame Winner

    Game Winner
    Member Since:
    Nov 7, 2010
    star 4
    In about five minutes, I threw together a spreadsheet with a table and basic formulas to calculate odds. If we ignore shutout rolls, in a game where one team has a bonus roll and the other does not, there is a 55.0% chance that the bonus roll team will win in regulation, a 42.5% chance that the non–bonus roll team will win in regulation, and a 2.5% chance of overtime. Since there is no bonus roll in overtime, the odds there are 50–50, and the 2.5% chance can be split 1.25% to each team. That means if you post and the other team does not, you have a 56.25% chance of winning.

    @Ramza, does that sound right to you?
    Trieste likes this.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza