main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Out of the ordinary (Obi-Wan's genes contain a tragic secret...can the Jedi save him?) Updated 9/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JOINME, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Sad, thats all I can say!:(

But what happens now will Obi be sent away OH NO!:eek:

What about his parents they might have the disease as well.

Poor Qui crying in the Fresher!

Dont sit in there Obi needs you!!!!:_|

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

Oh, poor Obi-Wan. Surely there's hope for him?:confused:

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    :_|
    Poor Obi-Wan, I feel so bad for the poor kid. :( I hope they can help him. And poor Qui-Gon, that was so sad at the end when he had to go cry in the 'fresher! :(
    Ack, please post more soon! [face_praying]

4. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Absolutely wonderful, I truly enjoyed it! *evil grin* :D :D :D

Indeed you are a Sith...

*assumes Palpatine voice*

The Force is strong in you... you will be a powerful Sith.. From now on you shall be know as Darth... [face_thinking] Alexis. [face_skull]

Riiiiise. ;)

Amazing job,I can't wait for the next part! [:D]

Ani-maniac

5. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    :_| Poor Qui

6. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    [face_worried] No... [face_worried]

Darn his parents!!! :mad:

Don't kill him. Please. *whimper*

*waves hand and intones:* You will NOT kill OR permanently disable Obi.

PLEASE!!! [face_praying]

7. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    * Gets down on the floor with Qui-Gon and :_| *

JOINME: You're an evil girl and I love you for that. [face_love] [face_batting]

8. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Hello! By some weird occasion I stopped by Before to check up on stuff, and I see this. "Interesting," I say to myself, then click, read, wow! Excellent work so far. The quotes at the beginning are also quite interesting.

9. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Star_drifter: Wow, Darth Mom, I am so honoured! *bows* lol. Glad you?re enjoying, you Sith you! :D

Bek: Thanks for reading! :) You make some very valid points indeed, I agree! Serious issues for both of them. :(

Lost_jedii: thanks Ally! =) I?m glad you enjoyed it. [:D]
    But maybe there's still a miracle that will happen so he'll be able to walk again???
    Nothing is certain. :D [face_whistling]
    I'm really wondering who Obi's parents are in your fic, and if they knew about this gene??
    It will be revealed soon. :D

Darksaber: *hands you tissue* sory for making you cry! <feels real bad>
    I?m glad you have faith. :D Thanks for reading! [:D]

Gkilkenny: Thanks for reading! :) Yes it is an angst fest. :( His parents will be revealed soon?. :D

Kelia: *hands you tissue* one can always hope. :) Theres a saying..hmm..where theres life, theres hope. thanks for reading! [:D]

Bastet: glad you?re enjoying! And oh dear, it made you cry too..
    *hands you tissue* that?s only the beginning! Lol?

Ani-maniac: [face_laugh]
    Wow, I?m so incredibly honoured to be ?blessed? by such a Sith as you! *bows* I hope I shall not?fail you. :D

Tradmic: I agree. Thanks for reading! [:D]

PadawanKaterina: *mutters in blank robotic voice* I will NOT kill or permanently disable Obi.

*snaps out of it, shakes head* Hey, wait a minute! Lol. Thanks for reading! :)

Renton Kenobi: ah, but we are both evil. ;) Glad you?re enjoying! :D

CherryLightsaber: thanks hun! Glad you enjoyed. =) [:D]

[b]Chapter Three[/b]
    [i]?I have seen Padawans crushed in battle. They know they are going to die, but they are at peace, brave and accepting. Then there are the ones who survive, limbs missing, vision gone, mind scarred- faith in the Force lost. Faith in themselves lost. They are the ones I mourn the most.?[/i] The words of ancient Jedi Master Ledore, who fought in and survived the Sith Wars.

Obi-Wan listened to the mechanical beeps of the machine he was attached to, watching his heart rate on the screen contemplatively. The jagged white lines that indicated he was still alive and breathing. [And why wouldn?t I be?] he thought to himself tiredly. The night before, this thought would have induced some form of panic, but this morning, he was just feeling groggy and exhausted. The Healer who had brought in his breakfast had told him that they had given him zormin, a special drug to bring him out of the dormo shock and regulate his emotions.

Obi-Wan however, deeply ashamed at the thought of the Healers having to give him a medicine to carry out what he should have attempted himself through the Force, had apologised for his behaviour. The Healer had blinked at him in surprise.

?There is nothing you should be apologising for Padawan Kenobi,? she had murmured as she smiled at him. ?You truly are a good hearted one. Your Master must be very proud.? And with that, she had left. Not before Obi-Wan had noticed something in her expression, that he had noticed in the faces of all the Healers who had bustled in and out of his room.
    A sad sort of resignation.

[Why does this trouble me?] he thought to himself worriedly as he tore his eyes away from the screen and stared down at the blankets covering the legs he couldn?t feel. He reached out tentatively and poked at them.
    [And I still can?t feel my legs?how long is this going to last for?]

Obi-Wan felt frustration setting in. All of the Healers he had asked had told him that his Master would answer his questions. The Twi?Lik healer Mayla, the one who told him she was in charge of him, had reassured him that Qui-Gon had been by his side all night. That was, until they forced him to leave, but presently he was at an important meeting with the Council.
    This troubled him too.

He couldn?t remember any time when Qui-Gon had gone to the Council Chambers without him.

[I wonder why now?] he thought to himself.
    [And

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Obi-Wan nodded. ?I just don?t want you to lie to me,? he whispered, pained.
    ?I want to know the truth Master. If it concerns me, I want to know all of it.?

OMG he's lost all hope

Boy he gives up quick
    I am glad Qui-Gon doesn't take any notice of him
    Way to go Qui-Gon GO find a cure.[face_dancing]

11. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    So Qui-Gon would be upset. But he would soon get over it. He could find another apprentice, one who didn?t have a disease. He would be happy, appointed to someone he could actually train to Knighthood. He didn?t have to spend any time by Obi-Wan's bedside to watch him waste away, as he sensed he was going to. Obi-Wan shut his eyes and squeezed his eyelids together. It was for the best, what he did. And Qui-Gon would soon realise it.

[face_thinking] Hmmmm... Apparently Obi-Wan doesn't know his own Master very well.

Okay, Qui-Gon, you've got your work cut out for you.

:eek: Did I just say that?

Darth Alexis, are you trying to corrupt another Sith? ;)

Darth Mom :cool:

12. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    :_| :_| :_|

That was so sad!!!!! Oh Obi, I can't believe he's lost all hope.

And he thinks he's going to ruin Qui like Xani did, his heart is so big!!! :(

I hope Qui finds that cure and saves Obi-Wan, and I think he will because he is the most determined Jedi we know ;) :D :D

Great update Alexis!!! =D= =D= =D= You have amazing writing skills :D I can't wait for more! :D Thanks for PMing me, I can't wait for the next one!!!! :D

13. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    [face_plain] :( :_| He wasn't suppose to do that!

I can completely understand what Obi is feeling, but he needs to step back mentally from all of this and look at it in terms of facts without emotions attached. And then maybe he'll understand that he does indeed need Qui-Gon as much as Qui needs him.

Okay, I'm done babbling now. :p

More soon?

14. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    He wouldn't cry.

Aww, *pets obi-wan*. Why are Jedi afraid to cry? It's a perfectly natural emotional reaction. Just because the code says "there is no emotion; there is peace" doesn't mean all the time....*sigh*

This chapter was brilliant. Thankyou, Joinme.

15. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    i read the first post of this story but i didn't reply :oops: (thought i did. oops.) i'm caught up now though.

Poor obi, he's giving up hope, and doesn't want the support of his friends. :_|

good for qui, refusing to listen to obi and give up hope. [face_dancing] =D=

this is a great fic, i can't wait to read more. could you pm me when you update please? [face_praying]

Peggy 8-}

16. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    *is currently a sobbing pile of incoherent mush*

So not only did I miss an update, but they're both so friggin sad!!! :_|:_|:_| I really hope they figure something out to help Obi-Wan... I can't bear to watch him die! And I just know you're going to kill him off, aren't you?

Anyway, wonderful update! I can't wait for the rest!

Stormqueen

17. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Force-sensitiveLyn23 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 27, 2005
  18. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Force-sensitiveLyn23 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 27, 2005

*delurks*

That was sooooooooooooo sad it made me cry. he gave up.OMG he cut off his braid:_| . How could he have lost all hope. Please don't kill him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, This is really great writing.

* relurks*

19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?I am going to die Master,? Obi-Wan said matter-of-factly.

:eek: :eek: has Obi-Wan given up hope?

He's got to get some good news soon...right? [face_praying]

20. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    I scrounge together some computer time to come and find this!!

Seriously, though, that was a wonderful post, but aww poor OBI!!!

Hopefully by the time I've recovered from the blubbering mess you've reduced me to, I'll have another nice new chapter to sob over :D

21. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    [face_not_talking] Don't get the scissors...NO! NOT THE BRAID!!!:_|

Poor Obi Wan trying to protect his master so selfless
    Can anyone talk some hope into him?[face_praying]

Qui Gon never believes him when he has a 'bad feeling' about something- funny

22. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    DAMMIT OBI-WAN!!! Why did you do Qui-Gon like that? This isn't right! :_| :_| You gotta have FAITH!!! :_| :_|

Edit: And what's wrong with crying? There's nothing wrong with it, cause your making me cry! :_|

23. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    :_| Obi-Wan, why did you do that?! You can't give up hope, I refuse to let you! [face_not_talking] Why is he so certain he's going to die, anyway?! You're not going to kill him, are you, JOINME?! Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! :_|
    Poor Qui-Gon, I hope he can find a way to save Obi-Wan so you won't kill him!! [face_praying]
    Ahem. More soon please!

24. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    [face_worried] :_| [face_worried] :_| [face_worried]

Poor Obi-Wan! Gah, I just wanna hold him! JOINME you're an evil evil girl! Bravo! :D

25. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    uppie soon please? PLEASE? :D No pressure or anything though :D :p Great fic Alexis, but you don't need me to tell you that ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.