main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Out of the ordinary (Obi-Wan's genes contain a tragic secret...can the Jedi save him?) Updated 9/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JOINME, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padmay_skywalker

padmay_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    :_| Not the Padawan braid?!

This is a great story! I hope you dont kill Obi-Wan![face_worried]

Alexis your stoies lately have been just evil...[face_devil] I love it. You are learning Master.

2. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    :_| NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! :_|

:eek: Oh. My. :mad: If Obi doesn't die I'll kill him myself! :eek: His braid!!! NO!!!

Poor Qui-Gon! I'm so glad he's not letting Obi crush his hopes.

3. Delalyra

Delalyra Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Oh no! Nononononono! :_| The braid, and the machine, and the- and the-IT'S ALL SO SAD!!! :_| (but masterfully written.)

If you kill Obi-Wan, I will be very sad....

4. Jak_Jackal_GW

Jak_Jackal_GW Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2005
    if you kill obi-wan i'll kill you LOL, OBI-WAN OWNS....

hehe...=)

5. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Delurking just so I can say:
    :_|
    Obi might not let himself cry, but I sure will do it for him!
    No fair, you can't make me cry more than I made you cry!
    Please pm when you post next!

6. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I missed a post! Oh Obi Wan not your braid!! :_| I must say you are great at writing angst which I am always a sucker for. I am really becoming engrossed in this story, and I can't wait for the next installment.

Fantastic job!

7. East_Coast_Ryder

East_Coast_Ryder Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2005
    Could you PM me when you update? I really don't venture too much into Before, so I may miss updates otherwise.

Anyway.

:_| :_|

HOW COULD YOU DO THAT, OBI?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :confused:

:mad: [face_frustrated] :mad:

8. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Force-sensitiveLyn23 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    yeah pm me too please!~

9. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Gkilkenny: Yeah, it's good Qui is taking no notice. lol. Thanks for reading! :)

Star_Drifter: lol! <innocent look> no corruption, my lady. <bow> thanks for reading! =)

lost_jedii: thanks Ally! I'm glad you're enjoying! [:D]

Bek: Yeah Obi, what she said. You hear? :p Thanks for reading! [face_love]

Darksaber: awww, thank you. [:D]

masterobiwankenobi: I'm glad you're enjoying it! and sure, I'll PM you. =)

stormqueen874: oh dear... <looks guilty> I am terribly sorry. <hands you tissue>
    and I know you're going to kill him off aren't you?
    nothing is certain. always in motion the future is. lol. :p thanks for reading!

force-sensitiveLyn23: Glad you are enjoying. I shan't say anything about killing... I am a political idealist, not a murderer. I mean... <looks confused> lol. I'll remember to PM you. [:D]

KELIA: thanks for reading! things will be revealed soon... :D

Stella_Ripple:
    aw, sorry for making you sob. <hands you tissue> but you seem to be enjoying it so... that's good. thanks for reading! =)

TRADMIC: I was sad about the braid too. :( can anyone talk hope into him?
    well, you will have to see....[face_whistling] glad you're enjoying it!

LilQui-Gon: <hands you a tissue too> oh dear. I appear to have you all bawling. I'm beginning to feel really bad... <reminds herself that she is no longer a Jedi> I mean...good. lol. thanks for reading! [:D]

Bastet: thanks for reading! oh, and it will be revealed soon why Obi-Wan is so certain...la la... lol. :p

padmay_skywalker: thank you, my Padawan. =) Glad you're liking it!

PadawanKaterina: yes, I felt very sorry about the braid, but I couldn't stop him! [face_worried] however, if it makes you feel any better... no I shan't say anything. I am Sith. lol. Thanks for reading!

Delalyra: thank you. [face_love] and I really don't want to make you sad but..but... death is a part of life. <sob> although it is still not clear yet whether he will survive... hmmmm..... [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

Jack_Jackal_GW: You're not the only one threatening me. LOL.

Jennifer_Lyn: ha ha! we shall make each other cry equally. [face_mischief]
    <hands you tissue> thanks for reading! I'll remember to PM.

SiriKenobi12: aw, thank you. :) I'm happy you're enjoying the angst. :p

East_Coast_Ryder: no worries! and thanks for reading. [:D]

[b]Chapter Four[/b]
    [i]'Blood may be thicker than water, but water purifies and nourishes...What does it matter whose genetics run in your blood? I have a father but he looks nothing like me... and when outsiders tell me, 'I thought Jedi were parentless' I simply smile. It isn't true, no matter what the Code says. Listen to what the Force is telling you, that is what matters.'[/i]
    The words of young Jedi Sarus Rodel, who spent most of his senior Padawan years campaigning against certain aspects of the Code. He died before reaching Knighthood. Hero of many Jedi, including Master Jinn in his Padawan days.

Qui-Gon surveyed the glittering buildings in front of him and frowned. The rickety old transport he caught from Coruscant had just dropped him off on the Shintel Mountains of Thessus. Below him was the planet's capital city, nestled in this rocky, sandy valley. As the wind whipped around his robe, Qui-Gon felt uneasy. There was something about this place that didn't seem right. For one thing, the columns of thin buildings made out of strange crystals looked odd and very out of place in the rocky, yellowy landscape.

[Where do they get such crystals] he thought to himself. The excess life had never appealed to him, despite being one of the more 'maverick' Jedi. [I've never heard of such a city... but then again, this place [i]is[/i] in the Outer Rim.}
    The desert area, Qui-Gon had confirmed after taking a look at his

10. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    [How can you change a person's genes?] the cold voice whispered. [How can you change the will of the Force?]

[It is not the will of the Force for Obi-Wan to die.]

[How can you be sure?]

[face_shame_on_you] Bad Voice! Go away right now and leave Qui-Gon alone!

:eek: Who said that?

Wasn't me... [face_whistling]

Oh, oh! [face_liarliar]

Darth Mom :cool:

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Oh Qui-Gon just find a cure. Dont start hearing voices
    otherwise you cannot help Obi if your Mad8-}

Obi-wans Father seems upset maybe he can help [face_praying]

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh no, now Obi-Wan's arm is paralyzed? :eek: :_| :_|

Poor guy. Hopefully his father will have some answers.

Loved the update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Wondering why Obi-Wan's father would have a bitterness in his voice concerning his son.

Hope there are answers to be found and cure to this disease. Obi-Wan needs to open his bond to Qui. I think he is the only one that can get through to Obi-Wan. :)

14. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Really nice twist having the guard be just the man Qui is looking for!
    I really like how you're using the quotes at the beginning. They add a nice flavor to the stew.
    Can't wait to see where you go next!
    And thanks for the PM!

15. Jak_Jackal_GW

Jak_Jackal_GW Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2005
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

THIS IS AN AWESOME STORY I LOVE IT!

(remember, don't kill obi =] [thanks LOL])

16. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Hey, sorry I haven't reviewed for a while! But I'm really enjoying this story and I hope you keep writing and posting it so quickly! I feel bad for Obi-Wan and for Qui-Gon, trying so hard to find some way to help his Padawan, while he feels caught between his need to be with Obi and his need to find something to help. Poor Obi gave up pretty quickly--I hope his friends and teachers can find a way to give him some optimism.

17. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    'Blood may be thicker than water, but water purifies and nourishes...What does it matter whose genetics run in your blood? I have a father but he looks nothing like me... and when outsiders tell me, 'I thought Jedi were parentless' I simply smile. It isn't true, no matter what the Code says. Listen to what the Force is telling you, that is what matters.'
    The words of young Jedi Sarus Rodel, who spent most of his senior Padawan years campaigning against certain aspects of the Code. He died before reaching Knighthood. Hero of many Jedi, including Master Jinn in his Padawan days.

I LOVED THIS. I WOULD HAVE LOVED SARUS RODEL.
    Someone right a fan fic about this hero and rebel so I can love him more.....
    hint, hint;)

And I am liking the idea of Master Jinn meeting the biological parents...what will they thnk of each other?

Qui-Gon stared at the glittering gates in front of him. He was so close to the answers now, so close. A part of him wanted to call a transport right away, to rush back to Coruscant and stay by Obi-Wan's side, to hold him and let him know he would be there for him, always... His heart ached.

Qui is wishing he could be there, angry that he can't be at ObiWan's side to help him, and begging Mayla to help Obi Wan fight...
    And then later, it says Obi Wan will not allow anyone into his room but Mayla...
    :oops: THINK QUI GON, Do I really have to spell it out for you
    ...tell Mayla to go into his room, and call you from there, and then tell Mayla, ?Put him on right now!? (It?s Obi...he wouldn?t hang up on you)

18. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    :_| :_| :_|

Please don't make Obi die Alexis!! :_| That post was so sad, I felt so much for Qui-Gon. It's hard for the person who's sick but I think it's just as hard for those who have to watch them fall apart.

I hope the healer Mayla will think of a way to brighten Obi's spirits, he needs that good old stubborness back :p I'm sure it'll rise soon, or at least sometime? :D :D

Hmmm, so now Qui's finally found Obi's dad, I hope he can help Qui [face_thinking]

Excellent update =D= =D= That was an evil cliffe! Please, please update soon! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

19. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Force-sensitiveLyn23 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    that was awesome!! seriously, keep on writing..

and obi lost feeling in another body part???? i should feel sad. But, umm , i don't. What's wrong with me????????

you didn;t pm me. But if your too busy, it's okay.

20. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Agh, Obi-Wan, don't give up hope!!! You're making everyone so sad, especially your Master!! :(
    I'm glad Qui found Obi's Dad so quickly, I hope he can help him! [face_praying]
    More soon please! [face_batting]

21. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    *Blows nose with tissue* OMG! Obi is getting worse! :_| Qui-Gon hurry!!! I can't wait any longer! [face_worried].... :_| :_|

22. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    :eek: *gasp* Obi's dad!

Wow, that was awesome! How did they remove Obi's padawanship? I mean, sure, he cut his braid off, but that's only an outward symbol... :( [face_worried]

His arm! Oh, no! I've forgiven Obi, please don't kill him! I didn't really mean it!...

But I swear if that child doesn't snap out of it soon he is in so much trouble! :mad:

Please, please, please! More soon! [face_praying]

23. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I am so sorry that I missed a post! :_|

But I just caught up and... wow. Truly you are out doing yourself. [:D]

This is amazing! That part where Obi-Wan cut off his braid made me want to... *looks around to make sure she is alone so that no one with see her unsith-like reaction* :_| :_| :_|

And I am so curious to find out what his parents will say. :D

Please post again soon!

Ani-manaic

24. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    OMG! What a great way to introduce his dad! That so rocked!

25. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    That doesn't sound like the Obiwan we know and love.Great story though.pm me when you update.and,oh,don't kill Obiwan,or he won't be able to be the great Jedi that he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.