main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Out of the ordinary (Obi-Wan's genes contain a tragic secret...can the Jedi save him?) Updated 9/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JOINME, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    OH NO!! Obi's getting worse!

I hope Mr Kenobi can help (great way to introduce him btw)! I'm curious about exactly what is the matter with Obi, not to mention about his father's reaction. But why do I have a bad feeling that there's more heartbreak to follow?

*Entering a fulfilling love/hate relationship with the wonderful angst you've created* :D

Please update soon- thats a horrible cliffie to leave us on!

2. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    'Yes Jedi,' the man said bitterly. 'I am Krel-Wan Kenobi.'

Eeek!

3. padmay_skywalker

padmay_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    And the plot thickens...

So he found his dad...

Obi's getting worse?!

4. kamora1986

kamora1986 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    I really think you have some sort od enjoyment in killing off Obi-Wan! It seems to be a common theme.

The healer is not very cooperative with what Qui-Gon tells her to do is she? hmmmmm, this is a problem.

Very excellent story! You have started to distract me from all my homework with all you fantastic stories! My teachers admonish you. [face_shame_on_you] haha. [face_dancing]

5. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
  6. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I don't have anything new to say that hasn't already been said...but I'm totally addicted to this story and can't wait for the next installment!

My poor sweet Obi is getting worse...Qui Gon better find a cure and soon, although I'm sorta sick because I love stories where Obi Wan is dying...love the angst! LOL...Maybe I should change my name to DarthSiri...lol.

7. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    *kicks to the top!*

8. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    *Taps fingers on desk* We're waiting... ;)

[image=http://www.channel4.com/film/media/film/2l/E/evil_dead_2_lg_03.jpg]

Hail to the King!

9. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    Starts Chant: More! More! More!

10. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    MORE MORE MORE

11. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    More More More!

12. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    more More MORE

13. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    You know what got me posting?

99 bottles of blue milk on the wall, 99 bottles of blue milk! Take one down pass it around 98 bottles of blue milk on the wall!

:)^)

14. JediSock

JediSock Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    98 bottles of blue milk on the wall, 98 bottles of blue milk. Take one down and pass it around, 97 bottles of blue milk on the wall!

15. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    97 bottles of blue milk on the wall, 97 bottles of blue milk...take one down and pass it around 96 bottles of blue milk on the wall.

16. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    96 bottles of blue milk on the wall! 96 bottles of blue milk! Take one down, pass it around, 95 bottles of blue milk on the wall!

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Just caught onto this one. Poor Obi and poor Qui!! *sobs* I hope something can be done and Obi starts to fight. More more more!

18. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    95 bottles of blue milk on the wall, 95 bottles of blue milk! Take one down pass it around 94 bottles of blue milk on the wall!

19. KylieKenobi

KylieKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 25, 2005
    93 bottles of blue limk on the wall, 95 bottles of blue milk! Take one down and pass it around, 92 bottles of blue milk on the wall!

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    92 bottles of blue milk on the wall. 92 bottles of blue milk! Take one down and pass it around. 91 bottles of blue milk on the wall!

21. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    91 bottles of blue milk on the wall, 91 bottles of blue milk! Take one down, pass it around 90 bottles of blue milk on the wall!

22. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    90 bottles of blue milk on the wall! Take one down, pass it around, 89 bottles of blue milk on the- oops. Forgot I was the author for a moment. :p

Ha ha! Oh my, you guys certainly are persistent! You make me feel terribly guilty and terribly honoured all at the same time!
    I apologise for the delay, I've been swamped with uni and work lately, but I simply can't allow this hypnotic counting to go on anymore, ARGHHHH....
    But because you are all so special to me, and I hate to see you wait like this, I'm going to post right now, gentle readers! [:D] Just stop the counting! aaahhhhh......:p

*begins to see swirling bottles of blue milk*

Ooh, not good. [face_hypnotized]

Thanks so much for reading everyone! Love you all! [:D] [face_love]

[b]Chapter Five[/b]
    [i]"Dangerous to Jedi, Force visions can be. Convinced, some Jedi become, that what they see cannot be changed. A Jedi must firmly believe that, in motion, the future always is. Jedi we have lost, who their own reason, do not use. Descend they do, into madness, despair, darkness...'[/i] From a lecture by esteemed Jedi Master Yoda.

'It isn't normal!'

Mayla was clearly agitated as she stood before Marc's desk, wringing her hands. The older Healer sighed, rubbed his short beard for a moment, then put aside the files he was going through. He stretched his aching back, another remainder that he was getting old. Perhaps it was his age that allowed him to keep his composure through such stress, he wondered.

Or perhaps it was years of working in a field where he was constantly faced with injuries and wounds, and patients who would not survive. He remembered the first time he had told a Jedi Master her apprentice had become one with the Force. He had been young then, and nervous. After the stricken and disbelieving Jedi had been led away, Marc had wept. It had been the first time, and the last.

'Healer Marc?'

He shook his head slightly, trying to clear his muddled thoughts. His dark brown eyes focused on Mayla again.

'We will soon know what is wrong,' he reminded the chubby Twi'Lik female who was still looking anxious. 'Worrying about him isn't going to help. The Mind Healer should be finished soon, and then hopefully we'll have some answers.'

'You really should be more concerned,' Mayla responded, voice rising despite herself. 'You've had Obi-Wan in here before! You know what he is normally like. Doesn't this strike you as very odd, that all of a sudden he's stopped talking and he doesn't have a will to live? He was one of the most stubborn Padawans in this Temple! I was reading up on his personal history, and when he was thirteen, he tried so-'

'Mayla,' Marc interrupted warningly. 'I am aware of Padawan Kenobi's personal history, having read it myself.'

The young Healer went red, her smooth blue skin suddenly flushed.

'I'm sorry Marcus,' she apologised. 'It's just that Obi-Wan..well...' She hesitated.

Marc nodded. He understood what she meant, what she failed to say.

'You have only just become a Healer in this ward,' he said gravely, bracing himself for what he would say next. 'You will learn, after years of experience in this field Mayla, that, you must not attach yourself to terminally ill patients.'

Mayla gasped. Marc bowed his head.

'Terminally ill?' she whispered. 'He can't be, you didn't say...'

Marc half laughed, bitterly.
    'You mean I should let Qui-Gon know? I doubt he will even believe me.'

Mayla closed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them they were moist with unshed tears.
    Marc looked at her sympathetically.

'The Force does work in mysterious ways,' he said gently. 'Nothing is certain. But I've been analysing several scans of his body's deterioration and it doesn't seem as if anything can stop this.'

'Unless Qui-Gon finds a cure,' Mayla whispered, willing herself to believe it.

'I highly doubt he will. But for Obi-Wan's sake, I hope he does.'

Marc wished that he didn't sound so cold. He cared for his friend, and he cared

23. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Great chapter...Really enjoying this story. Glad to have discovered Fan Fic.
    Keep up the excellent work.
    :( poor Obi:(
    Curious to see where you are going with this.
    Hope Qui Gon finds a cure...[face_praying]

24. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    [face_thinking] Hmmmm. Blue milk. Is that the Star Wars version of the "udder cola"?

Great update, Darth Alexis! :D

'What did Master Yoda say?'

Marc looked tired as he rubbed his beard. 'He says he will meditate on what this means,' he muttered. 'He says we shouldn't assume anything. Namely I shouldn't be preoccupied with the fact that I'm going to be murdered by a fellow Jedi and a friend. Which means that Qui-Gon will act out of anger, and will be lost to the Dark side. Which explains why his Padawan is so determined to keep him away.'

Everything is going according to your plans... ;)

You certainly are doing your Sith training proud! [face_laugh]

I hope that all of your readers will understand that "real life" must come first! Uni professors don't care about anything other than what you are doing in their courses, do they? :rolleyes:

Keep on studying!
    Darth Mom :cool:

25. KylieKenobi

KylieKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 25, 2005
    wow. You updated! Yay! Great story! keep writing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.