main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Jozy!!

3 goals in 3 games. He's tearing it up.

2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Great win tonight. Jozy, doing everything he is asked for. Beasly's run was beautiful.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Beautiful game, if we can take the next game I think the road to Brazil is pretty much settled.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Best full ninety minute performance I've seen from the Yanks in a long time. Game wasn't as close add the 2-0 shoreline suggested. Jozy strikes again, GAM finishes in front if his home fans, and the defense looked coherent must of the time.

Big props to Seattle, too. 40k+ on a weeknight is impressive. Not the crowd size some Sounders fans boasted they would get no problem, but still impressive.

Also, reposting this from my Twitter, because I find it awesome:

Score us a goal, you're a Grown Ass Man
    Score us a goal, tonight
    We see all in the mood for a victory
    And you've got us getting alright

Darth McClain and mindthegap like this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, umm ... Honduras. WTF?

Muma Bernardez - Suspended
    Maynor Figueroa - Injured
    Jerry Bengston - AWOL
    Oscar Boniek Garcia - Injured

This should be a dominating performance and win for the us at the RioT on Tuesday.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Kyle Beckerman added to the roster for Honduras.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's a shame we lost last Gold Cup, now we have to watch Mexico play.

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yeah, that stung, especially with the 2-0 lead.

Confed Cup should be good, though. I hope that Mexico gets its stuff together. I don't want CONCACAF to get embarrassed.

10. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Nah, I want Mexico to fail.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I really hope he has a nice view from the bench, and nothing more.

12. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    FCPT knocking down Dallas at home. Weeeeeeeeeeee!

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Crappiest Call of the year might have happened tonight in MLS.

Kenny Miller is going in on goal, kicks his own leg and goes down in the box, and the referee awards a PK and hands out a Red Card.

Tough angle for the ref, and a fast moving, bang-bang type of play. But handing out either of those changes the game, giving both completely swung it.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Bad refs were a theme last night. Portland had a head ref whose first ever MLS game it was. Boy was he awful. His worst offense? Allowing a Dallas player to headbutt Piquionne in the box with absolutely no repercussions, after consulting with the sideline ref who saw the whole thing. No yellow card, no PK, nothing. Staggeringly awful.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Bah. These are the worst MLS kits in a long, long time:

[​IMG]

16. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Timbers vs Galaxy starting up. Tough one on the road, but should be a heck of a match.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Congrats to Abby Wombach! A first half hat trick means she is now the leading scorer in USWNT history!

Darth McClain and Juliet316 like this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Hope Morgan will surpass her someday.

BTW the US won was uneasy but nicely done, Josy shows composure in these matches.

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Timbers are tied for #1 in the MLS!

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Great score and highlights in the Timbers/Dallas match last night. Wish I could have watched the whole game. Semifinals here we come!!!

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Timbers winning the Open Cup would be even nastier salt in the wounds of Sounders fans. I bet you guys love that added bonus. Not to mention, there's still the possibility of a Treble for the Timbers this year.

22. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    A Treble?

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Three trophies this year - US Open Cup, Supporters Shield, and MLS Cup.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, Boca is back in MLS. Which is a very good thing. He's got plenty left in the tank, had a horrible club situation last year, and has a ton to offer young guys in terms of mentoring and can still be a difference maker in the right setting.

Of course, he's back, but with Chivas USA. You know, the team that puts together competitive strategies about as well as Michael Bay puts together plots and narratives? Just ... I have no idea why they would claim him. They jettison talent and money all year, put themselves in a major hole ... and now claim Boca?

He would have been a much better fit with Sounders, Timbers, Sporks, Galaxy, or about 11 other teams.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Will we see Donovan back as start up in Gold Cup?