main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That Thierry Henry guy is good. Classy finish.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    360 days until Copa d'Oro ...

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    halibut likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

This was awesome. Pure class on the part of the Sounders, also on Spurs.

DarthTunick likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Hate the Sounders team. Love (and envy) their first class organization.

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Interesting ... Soccer By Ives had a story up that DaMarcus Beasley was going to sign with MLS, and then took the story down.

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I saw a rumor in the MLS daily email, too. Interesting to see if that happens.

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    He's almost certainly signing with MLS, and he'll be an interesting test case. Just about every team has honest use for a player with his skills and experience. But, almost no team has a pressing need that corresponds with his salary demands under the cap

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    and it's official. Beasley is back to MLS and with Houston Dynamo.

Columbus is said to be in talks with a striker (though, to the rumor mills chagrin not Terrance Boyd and not (thankfully for my sake) Chicharito).

Jermaine Jones still linked with a move to MLS, potentially just waiting for the league to create a new rule to let him sign with L.A. Galaxy.

And, DeAndre Yedlin is rumored to be finalizing a transfer to A.S. Roma that would see them pay Seattle Sounders about $4 million, and loan the youngster back to them for the next 12 months. Speaking of bending MLS rules ...

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Welcome officially to the MLS, Super Frankie Lampard!

[​IMG]

Pointy G and I await the Lampard-to-Villa connection that will surely dominate the league.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Some shots from today's festivities:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is so awesome.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Will Frank Lampard emulate David Beckham and find a convenient excuse to miss every trip to Columbus? I'm curious, not bitter.

But, seriously, my hope is that NYCFC are buying Villa and Lampard in part so they can put young guys in the locker room, and have those two teach them how to win.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Nice Henry tifo in NJ tonight, for friendly between 4th Place and the Metro Energy Drinks

[​IMG]

(Even if Henry looks a bit like Tim Howard)

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Galaxy are curbstomping Seattle.

Besler red for KC.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Always good to see Seattle get curb stomped

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    True fact: 2 of the 3 Galaxy goals were scored after I turned the game on.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, I'm going to the RioT tonight. My third different MLS stadium (man, I need to increase that number). Should be a good game. Last time I saw the Metro Energy Drinks play, Henry spent the night half-assing it. Hopefully, no repeat of that.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Philadelphia Union have signed Raïs M'Bolhi

Better known around here as the goalkeeper who gave up this goal:

(I will take any excuse to post that)

ma_petite likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  20. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Looking for a good game in PDX tonight.

Yedlin/Dempsey booooo'd gotta love that.

21. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Bayern Munich coach classless POS.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Mix Diskerud's dad has joined the dead to me list.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Storming off the pitch after a friendly is about the most lol thing I've seen. Pep has always been an arrogant ****, but a friendly..

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Breaking news: Landon Donovan is retiring.

No doubt, the current Greatest of All Time for US Soccer.

Galaxy play in Denver later this month

Darth Tunes likes this.