main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Outbound Flight Project ,,,,,,, and Vergere......Related?????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sarlaac, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarlaac

Sarlaac Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2001
    hey guys i have had a thought...........
    in Rogue Planet Vergere was taken or went of her own free will to the yuuzhan Vong galaxy and her new friends..............
    now we know that Jorus C'boath went on the project and the Mitt'raw'nuru'odo house Phalanx (Grand Admiral Thrawn) was sent to destroy the outbound flight project....... i put to you in true court of justice style.............
    1) had the vong activity in this galaxy increased with the arrival of Vong Investigators enough to alert the jedi of this 'new alien species'(who are blatantly trouble) and who probably recieved the prelimaries from Obi-Wan's Zonama Sekot report of their exsistance and their potential for trouble. Did the jedi send the jedi masters on the outbound flight project as a rescue mission of vergere or just to have a look around??? bear in mind that Shedao Shai's grandfather Mongei Shai's remains were at least 50 years old, and he had been sent as a scout and emissary, possibly due to vergere's interjection, and pure curiosity to investigate this galaxy.
    and that Thrawn was responsible for the destruction of the project and that the chiss had been fighting an alien species in spectre of the past and vision of the future.......... were the Yuuzhan vong always there and the project would provoke them into action if discovered?,
    were they waiting for the galaxy to weaken? before they attacked????
    did palpatine know of the vong as he knew of the SSi'Ruuk?? and feared them as he feared the nightsisters????
    was the project destroyed because if it produced results of a potential invasion threat .. would it stand in his way for his bid for power?????
    did he move quickly to gain power in order to build his empire an deal with the potential threat when the time came?????
    Was thrawn's genocide of the jedi project a direct sacrifice of his connections to his people ? for the good of his people? we know he was shunned as an outcast for his unprovoked attack ( very bad in chiss society!!!)
    The answers are there in some1's mind

contribute and discuss

P.S sorry about it being muddled please try to make sense of it.............

2. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    oooh, good idea!

Chronology Peoples: Does the Outbound Flight (corrected for Zahn's erroneous dates) match the date for Rogue Planet? Or the 50 yr time ago when Vong scouts came to the GFFA?

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yes infact it does, yet Zahn would have wrote RP if he wanted this to do with this.

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Ok now that I read it over your idea makes no sense! The Outbound project is to look for life outside the galaxy. It seems as if Vergres disaperence alerted anyone of anything. Palpie knew nothing. Sure maybe ts possible, but theres no proof.
    Thrawn has respect for his people, he would never have destroyed the outbound project if it hade not been for Palpies blasted peps who lied about it and convinced Thrawn to destroy the Outbound.

And most importently, there is not and never will be proof of the vong skirmishing with the chiss prior to Yavin.

5. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    more-

will the chiss have anything to do with upcoming books?? they are mentioned an awful lot...

what abour the Koornacht Cluster and the deep core??

it appears that the Vong were not set to capture the SW universe but instead their mission was to destroy the NR... they did not systematically control the galazy they instead headed on the most direct routes to Coruscant.

and if the rebellion had never suceeded would the Imperials face the same demise as the New Rebublic?? too me the imps seemed much stronger...

6. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "it appears that the Vong were not set to capture the SW universe but instead their mission was to destroy the NR... they did not systematically control the galazy they instead headed on the most direct routes to Coruscant."

No, they want to capture the whole galaxy, but they first had to severe the head to encounter less resistance.

7. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I hate to say it but of course the Empire would win because:

1). They would have a Death Star or two.
    2). They would have a massive fleet of SSD's and SD's to use.
    and
    3). The emperor doesn't have the problem of keeping a senate happy.

(not to mention his dark side friends)

8. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    the dark is is hella more effective than the light side, look at the two dark jedi on teh Mykyr worldship killed that vong preist pretty easily... a lot of dark jedi together could make a giant web thing and shrink it over an entire vong fleet...

9. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Palpatine would just summon a Dark Side storm a la Dark Empire and destroy the Vong fleet in an instant. Or just fire the Death Star at it.

10. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Palpatine IS the Vong! Thats my theory... more clones, the senator we all know and love couldv'e been a clone all along... Authors seem to come back to Palpy sooner or later. Look at dark empire

11. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    Yes there is evidence--circumstantial evidence and subject to interpretation.

In the Thrawn Duology, Mara and Luke note the deep scars made in some battle on the planet who's name I can't remember. Similar scars are seen on the planet in Rogue Planet.

12. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Ooooohh...this is like X-Files!

13. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    I don't know if death star survivors are canon ...
    but this Colonel Bast, maybe it was Nom Anor?

14. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
  15. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Both tagge, and bast survived the death star.

Tagge because he left the death star earlier, and went back to his fleet(marvel comics covers this event).

Bast who must of escaped in a shuttle. He can be seen later talking to vader in the devastator(Holiday Special).

We have at least 1 tiepilot on yavin's moon, qorl who crashlanded there, so he too is a death star survivor.

Then there was Veers, who crashed on the planet in escape shuttle, and later picked up by the imperial forces in one mission(as I remember the event as told in force commander).

All of these sources are said to be canon by lfl's policies.

16. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    I wonder... Is the 'Aunt Whatever-Her-Name-Is' show from Holiday Special canon ???

17. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Anything from holiday special is, no matter how sickening the show might be.

The story has been mentioned in couple of sources that I can remember, Star Wars Chronicles, EG to characters, and I think GBG recently. As well the family was used in a marvel comics issue, and later in BFC, and others.

18. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    I never saw the Holiday special...

19. Gen_Skywalker

Gen_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    I think Palpatine knew about the vong. when the jedi went in this mission , Palpatine was afraid of what they might discover. Palpatine knew about the chiss, he was trying to recruit Trawn when he was a young soldier. Then he send his personal emissair to talk to Trawn so he can destroyed the jedi.

20. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    I was leaning toward this hypothesis myself...after all we've heard a few times that the Chiss have been dealing with unthinkable terrors out in the unknown regions for years...Could be the Vong...we know that they've been scouting around for at least that long....It would make sense that the envasion start on the outer edges of the galaxy and work their way in. Plus the NR up until HOT were pretty unaware of the goings ons out there... Would be cool to have prequels written about that :D

21. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Why was Emperor Palpatine so afraid? After all, if the Jedi found the Vong they'd probably be destroyed. The whole Outbound Flight Project was probably just a ploy to slay the Jedi.

As for Colonel/Chief Bast being Executor Nom Anor, that wouldn't make any sense. Bast was clearly concerned for the safety of the Death Star, but considering the threat such a station could pose on a YV invasion fleet, Anor would want the battle station destroyed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.