main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Outbreak (a very, very first fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rinin, Oct 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    This is a weird scene...you have been warned.

~R~

?You?re warm.? Qui-gon said patting Obi-wan on the arm. ?Are you sure that you are feeling okay??

?I?m fine master.? Obi-wan snapped back at him. ?I?m tired that is all.?
    Qui-gon glanced at Obi-wan who was picking wordlessly at his food. He had been quiet for two days, ever since the girl had mysteriously died in front of him.

?We are going to see how the lady who was attacked is doing.? Qui-gon said forcefully making his padawan glance up. Obi-wan put down at his spoon gratefully and stood at the end of the table.

?There is no hurry, Obi-wan.? Qui-gon said, ?I want you to finish your breakfast first.?
    AN almost unperceivable sigh escaped from Obi-wan?s lips and he sat down to try to continue eating his breakfast.

//Odd, // Qui-gon thought, //this is the first time I have seen him refuse food. //

Obi-wan concentrated on the floor as the elevator made its way up the levels. He felt sick to the core of his stomach, great waves of nausea that made him almost gag. Beside him, Qui-gon hummed a song that had been on the radio on the way over to the hospital. The room spun rather unpleasantly as the doors opened and he had to put his hand on the side of the door to control where he walked. Obi-wan trailed after his master.

//I really must be getting sick// he thought to himself. //I?ve felt like this for days now. //
    The fresh smell of detol, met them as they came out into the wards. Qui-gon led the way until he got to a room, pushing open the door he smiled reverently at the lady inside.

?Mrs. Wevv.? He said softly.

?Oh!? Obi-wan could hear the voice from inside, ?The Jedi, do come in.?

He trailed in after his master until they were inside. The rather elderly lady put the cross word she had been doing away and glanced at them in puzzlement.

?We just came to see how you were doing.? Qui-gon said.

?Very well.? Mrs. Wevv replied cheerily, ?Would you like some grapes??

?No thanks.? Qui-gon answered passing a look at Obi-wan. Obi-wan tried his hardest to look interest but as soon as his master looked away, he glanced at the ground again. The ground at least didn?t spin in circles. He vaguely heard his master talking to Mrs. Wevv, but it was the last question that made him glance up.

?I know that the police have asked you this before, but was the assailant known to you?? Qui-gon asked.

?She?? The lady paused obviously looking uncomfortable, ?She was my daughter.?
    Obi-wan suddenly felt sick, his stomach heaved and he fought to control it.

?Can I ask what happened to her?? Mrs. Wevv asked her voice strained. There was a lengthy pause in which Obi-wan bit back on the bile invading his mouth and then Qui-gon answered.

?I?m afraid she died before medical assistance could get to her.?

Obi-wan almost threw-up. The room spun and his vision blurred, he could see the girl rising from the ground again and her eyes were as dark as wet ash. Her face began to fall apart and the flesh on her arms rotted and blackened. Obi-wan almost threw up, the head and body slowly became Qui-gon?s but the flesh continued to rot and the arms reached out for him. The thing moved up and stood on its feet, it wobbled and then called his light sabre with the force. The thing switched it on and hovered for a moment, before plunging the light sabre into Obi-wan?s stomach. He could feel the pain; feel the pain from the burning object through his stomach. He whimpered to himself.

?Obi-wan?Obi-wan.? The voice called. It was Qui-gon?s voice but also the girls and then there was the sudden overpowering stench of someone being sick. His vision cleared again and he managed to glance up at Qui-gon. The Jedi Master looked worriedly at him.

?Are you okay, Obi-wan?? Qui-gon asked as his padawan scrambled backwards, ?You ran out of the room and to the toilets?are you sure that you are not sick?? He asked again moving forward. Obi-wan moved back. ?Are you okay?? Qui-gon asked again.

The vision flashed before Obi-wan?s eyes,

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    That was definitely creepy! As I read it, I thought the same as Qui-Gon; Obi-Wan must really be sick if he's not eating. And the vision was horrifying! More, please!

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Very creepy! It gave me the shivers.

Do it again Rinin!

4. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    I agree. More please!

5. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Whoa that was creepy!!! Those where rather revolting images poor Obi was seeing, I think I would have thrown up where I stood.

Qui should know by now that an Obi that won't eat is in immidiate need of the healers!

6. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Cripes, that was scary!
    That was a great post Rinin! You rock my world!
    Heh, I think just about everyone knows that a not-hungry obi-wan = sick obi-wan.
    All healers make note!

7. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    very creepy...keep it up!

8. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good!

9. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Oh, I loved it Rinin! Yep, that's one sick boy there! Great post. More soon, I hope!

10. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Up you go!! A new post from Rinin would be great!

11. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

I can't belive how quickly the boards move sometimes.

Just bringing this up in the hope Rinin will post soon!

12. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    Just found this. Very good. Keep up the writng. UP!

13. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Rinin-please post more soon!!!

14. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Wow awesome story.

15. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Sorry Rinin, but I'm looking for more. Please? Pretty please?

16. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    More please! I really must insist.

imzadi

17. Uhl Eharl Khoehng

Uhl Eharl Khoehng Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2000
  18. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Upping this so Rinin might post more!

19. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Good idea! Up! You can't just leave us hanging!
    That last part sent shivers down my spine. Ooh, do it again! (From the Lion King)

Imzadi

20. Rinin

Feb 9, 2000
    I'm sorry guys...I had to go somewhere for a couple of days and now my disk has disappeared. I am going to search for it again tomorrow morning and if I find it there will be another post sometime tomorrow.

~R~

21. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    That's alright. Good luck searching!

Imzadi

22. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

How are you doing with the search for your disk? Hope you've found it!

In the meantime, back to the top with you!

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Didn't mean to lose track of this one.

Creepy indeed!!!

I hope the missing dixk turns up soon.

24. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Up!! And while you're waiting *sly grin* check out my new fic, "The Pain of Love." That title sounds familiar, I hope no one else has used it.

Imzadi

25. Rinin

Feb 9, 2000
    Guess who found his disk!

I'm not happy with this post...something just didn't go right. And although I didn't ask Jane if using An-Paj was alright he was in Kit's bits of the draft so I assumed...I hope it will be alright.

~R~

Qui-gon was seriously worried about his padawan, Obi-wan?s face had gone pale and white and his eyes were darting about the room as if he couldn?t focus them. He was cold to the touch too, that was, when he let Qui-gon touch him.

?Master?? The voice was suddenly small and childlike. Qui-gon strode across the room and gathered his apprentice into his arms; the boy was shaking like a leaf. The hospital staff had lead them into a room by themselves and a doctor was coming to look at Obi-wan.

?Are you alright padawan?? Qui-gon asked softly.

?I think so?? Obi-wan asked quite unsure, ?What happened.?

?In all honesty, I do not know.? Qui-gon replied, ?You just started screaming.?

?OH.? The boy sat quite still for a minute and then relaxed. He began to fruitlessly rub at his arm just above the elbow.

(Obi-wan)

Everything seemed almost like a dream to Obi-wan. The world was moving more slowly and he could only catch distorted words as the nurses came and went. A man, most probably the doctor, came into the room and poked around for a bit asking questions to which Obi-wan could only just answer. He could see his master?s face, worse for wear and worried hovering above his. He could feel the force, but it wasn?t the light shining threads he was used to. This force was slimy and controlling. It shifted constantly and when it did time seemed to shift with it. People who were walking towards him were suddenly in front of him and then across the other side of the room again. He blinked twice and rubbed at his arm again. He was beginning to get scared, very scared.

//What is happening to me? // He asked himself but even that thought slid away into nothingness. There was the feeling of something crawling on his arm and the force slipped away from him as he glanced down. A white wriggling slug crawled up his arm. No it wasn?t a slug, it was a maggot and then there was more of them coming out of the place on his arm at which he had been rubbing for the past half hour. They were coming up his arms and he reached down to brush one off but it caught to his fingers.

?GET OFF!? Obi-wan screamed and waved his hand in the air trying to dislodge the disgusting creature. More poured out of his arm and he began to scream and try to rub them away, scratch them away. Something strong grabbed at his arm and the force shifted, Obi-wan glanced down at his arm again. No maggots; nothing expect raw skin and blood from where his nails had ripped into his flesh. Obi-wan felt sick and then everything swirled and he slipped into unconsciousness.

(Qui-gon)

Qui-gon held his padawan?s arms as the doctor gave the boy a hypodermic filled with sedative. Obi-wan had become less coherent and more vague to the doctor's questions as time had progressed. When all of a sudden he had started to scream and dig at his arm. Qui-gon was worried, very worried. He watched Obi-wan?s pained blue eyes blink for a few seconds before the boy fell unconscious. The ageing Jedi Master lifted Obi-wan up slightly shifted him onto the bed. He stood for a few moments watching Obi-wan as the nurses tucked blankets around him and put bacta pads on his arm.

?I?m going to phone Master Healer An-Paj.? Qui-gon said softly to the doctor, ?Before this gets any worse.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.