main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Outcaste-Part I; Chapter .2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NightsWalker, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightsWalker

NightsWalker Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2006
    Anduil Siron, an eighteen year old Human kept up with Master Shi?lynn, a thirty-nine year old female Miraluka. Miraluka, born blind to light but inherently able to sense the world through the Force. She moved like a siren across ghostly calm water through the winding, unfamiliar halls of the newly constructed Jedi temple on Coruscant. The two of them entered the ground floor of one of the four spires that surrounded the center-most, thicker spire whose top floor was occupied tentatively by the grand Jedi council chamber.

The elevator glided upward softly without much sound and left the two in silence. ?Your Master Orsin Beserek was sorry to not attend the trials, young Siron.?

Anduil turned to this with his jaw dropped. He tried to lift it back up into place and found it was easier thought to be done then actually executed. ?I was under the impression my master was setting the trials up,? he said, his voice cracking on ?up?.

Shi?lynn nodded quietly. ?He had business to attend to?he did set it up however before he left to take care a small matter offworld.? She hesitated to state what it was at first, and Anduil could sense this. ?It shouldn?t take more then a day or two for him to be back, then you will be on your way to helping Master Uban and his apprentice with the diplomatic situation on Xolatis.?

?We?re to help Ikeeriot and Alec?? Anduil asked eagerly. ?Master Alec, I mean.?

Shi?lynn nodded again but said nothing, taking a step forward just in time for the elevator to stop and the door to slide open for her to step through. Her command of the Force was uncanny, at least Anduil thought so. She smiled as though she overheard his very thoughts, ?Soon, a day will come when others may think the same of you, padawan Siron, if you are to pass the Trial set before you.?

Anduil nodded, a little disheveled from having his thoughts read so plainly. They both stepped out into the plain circular room and stood, Anduil at least, looking out the tall and wide window panes that stretched upward to almost reach the top of the ceiling?s cone shape. ?There is a door, am I correct, Siron?? Shi?lynn stated more then asked, letting her hand drift out in the direction of the huge door. Behind it was a catwalk that led from this corner spire to the middle of the Jedi Temple?s spire structures. There was no walls or even railings guarding the edge of the catwalk between each spire. Only a Jedi?s balance would get someone from one spire to another, balancing against the wind sheers at such height and the height itself.

Shi?lynn exited the room and walked all the way down the catwalk and into the adjacent Jedi Council room where she took a seat in her newly appointed chair. Anduil watched her walk all the way, sensing that he was going to have to walk it alone. A part of the trial. Still, it seems like a pleasantry then a real part of the trial . .I mean any Jedi could walk across such a thing, I think a few younglings could walk across with no problems . .he thought.

His heart sank when he looked at the catwalk outside though and dipped a little lower when he heard the howl of the graceless wind. The door opened of its own accord seemingly, but to anyone who was a jedi they would have known he slid the door open with a slight waggle of his fingers. Sure enough the wind was howling with every bit of tenacity it owned and commanded at such a height. A surge of fear planted Anduil Siron to the floor. He had never been fond of heights, but this situation in front of him demanded that he ignore the tiny fear inside of him. His very name and title demanded that he forget all of that emotion.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

He took a deep breath and took his first step. He looked from his left and then to his right, seeing huge clouds of congested, Coruscanti air traffic racing to and fro, but there was nothing in his vicinity except for the wind. Another step. He exhaled easily and started to

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    NightsWalker, when posting chapters for a story, they should go in one thread. Because of this I'm going to lock this thread. Go to your first thread and open a window using the Reply option. Post this piece that way so all of the story stays in one thread.

Afterward, go to your first post, click on Edit and you can add Updated 9/24 to your title bar so readers know it's been updated.

Leona

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.