main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Outcasts~ OU (Action with a bit of romance) ***ANNOUNCEMENT: 11/17***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by corellian_chic242, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Title: Outcasts
    Author: corellian_chic242 (Victoria)

Time Period: 97 AY, after the New Republic has crumbled

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas, and I am making no money from this story. (Skye Lightrider created by Bevan Rogers, used with permission.)

***Chapter One***

They took my ship. Yelizaveta Taricks sat brooding in a seedy bar in the lower levels of Coruscant. Her flaming red hair was tied back to keep it out of her face, which was smudged with dirt and who knows what else.

She groaned and let her face fall to the table. They took my bloody ship! She was a smuggler by trade, and had been the owner of a nice Corellian freighter, until the Sec had impounded it. They didn?t like independent operators taking their business.

The Sec, short for Coruscant Security Bureau, was both the law-enforcement and the government. When the New Republic had fallen apart at the seams, the corrupt agency was born and quickly took over the old capital. They called themselves the government, but the correct term would be ?organized crime syndicate.?

Castraa Montice, the mentally unstable Director of the Sec, kept tabs on all smugglers and other endorsers of questionable trades that could become a problem. Apparently, that?s exactly what Liz had become. So they impounded her freighter, the Pure Sabacc. But Liz wasn't exactly okay with that. She had shot the two officers who had informed her and ran. So now the Sec was hunting her down as a cop killer.

Slouching down in the ripped seat, she took a swig of her ale. Life sucked anyway. Even if she could get to another planet, it would be the same old crooked dictatorship. The galaxy was in ruins.

Suddenly, the main entrance to the cantina was full of Sec gunmen. They were dressed in the grey tunics known by all denizens of Coruscant. Liz recognized their leader and groaned. Jon Talos, the nasty right hand-man of Director Montice.

?Here we go,? she whispered to herself as she slid underneath her table. As if on cue, the gunmen opened up. They didn?t care how many people they killed as long as they got their target. In this case, that target would be her. She scrambled across the floor, ignoring the screams of the patrons and the whine of blaster fire. She had one concern, and that was getting the heck out of there.

A knee impacted with her ribs, knocking her over. Her unwilling assaulter fell over her prone form and crashed down next to her. Getting back to her hands and knees, she ignored him and continued towards the back entrance.

She heard Jon?s voice above the screams. ?There she is! Don?t let her get away!? The sound of men jumping over tables and moaning patrons came next.

Liz scrambled madly towards the door, tripping on over-turned chairs on the way. As her shaking hand grasped the edge of the doorframe, a blaster bolt ripped trough her left thigh, propelling her outside. Wincing in pain, she half-fell down the chipped duracrete steps towards a parked speeder.

With the last of her strength, she threw herself into the back seat. ?Step on it!? she yelled to the driver, her voice raspy. The Sec troopers burst out of the cantina just as the hotrod vehicle sped off, spraying the attackers with dirt and gravel.

The twisting and turning of the fugitive speeder did not help Yelizaveta?s condition. Loss of blood and the unsettling motion made her nauseous. After taking a deep breath to help quell the turmoil in her stomach, she ripped off the bottom of her shirt and worked to staunch the bleeding.

The speeder stopped a few kilometers away from the bar, in a deserted alleyway deep in the heart of the city-planet. After turning off the engine, the driver turned around to look at Liz. His sweat-moistened hair fell into his crystal blue eyes. His cold, piercing blue eyes.

Yelizaveta?s attention was directed elsewhere, however. She had the piece of her shirt pressed firmly too the pulsing wound. Here te

2. Earwen-Ancalime

Earwen-Ancalime Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I just have to say thank you for the sneak peak and keep up the terrific work! I am looking forward to your next installment :D.

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Interesting beginning.

I like your idea of the New Republic collapsing in less than a century and each planet seeming to have become its own fiefdom. :)

4. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Love it so far, Vicki. Can't wait for the next post! ;)

5. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Thanks for the reviews, you guys. :) The next chapter should be up in a week or so.

6. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    This is great Vicki! Can't wait for more! :D

7. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Vicki!!! I want a PM when the next chapter goes up! And when am I appearing? Do you know?

8. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Laine, you will most likely be in Chapter 3 or 4. :)

9. Sith Bane

Sith Bane Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 14, 1999
    Sweet, Vicky. :D

10. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Lovely work so far. :) Are there any chances that I can get a PM when the next part goes up?

11. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    L-O-V-E it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

MORE SOON!!!

12. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Thanks for all the good words, you guys. The second chapter will be up on this coming Monday. :)

13. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Ooooooo!!! Vicki, this is so cool! And I am so nasty! I've never been nasty before! I love it!

14. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Good stuff, CC :D

15. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
  16. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Chapter Two will be up tomorrow. :D

17. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Yay!! :)

When do I appear?

18. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    I'm not sure yet, Mirax. Prolly chapter 4 or 5.

And I will post chapter 2 when I get home. :)

19. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Oh yeah, your at school.

I'm not. BUAHAHAHA

My mom was like. "I'm tired. Stay home."
    Me-OKAY!!

*snarls and shoots OOPM then takes out lightsaber and slices into tiny little pieces.*

20. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Chapter 3 or 4. Sweet! I'll be waiting for the next post today. What time do you think you'll get it on? *hopes that it is while she's on so she can get on and read it*

21. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Tah-dah! :D Here it is!

***CHAPTER TWO***

Yelizaveta lay curled up on a couch in Kamrio?s apartment, sleeping peacefully despite her blaster wound. Her arms were tightly wrapped around a soft pillow, holding it close to her face. A thick blanket protected her from the advancing chill.

Sipping at a glass of crystal cognac, Kamrio sat in his kitchen. He watched the sleeping figure through the doorway. The dim light from the kitchen glow panels reflected off of her red-gold hair. She?s cute when she sleeps.

That thought surprised him. For twenty years, he had managed to avoid growing attached to women. Then this fugitive smuggler jumps into the back of his speeder, and she was about to blot his spotless record in the romance department.

He shook his head, bewildered, as he stood up and placed his empty glass in the sink. Looking at Liz one more time, he switched off the glow panels and headed to bed.

Captain Tranogar sat before a data consol, carefully scanning the information in front of him. His clawed fingers flew across the keyboard. As the information scrolled, his eyes flickered across the screen.

Beside him sat Laysi Pon-Devcris, a slim Falleen. She was one of the Sec?s top intelligence operatives. Her long black hair was pulled back and decorated with beads and combs. She carefully watched the screen, searching with her lightning fast eyes.

Suddenly, one of her long nailed fingers dashed out and pointed at the screen. ?There. Scroll back a bit.? Tranogar did so, very slowly. ?There it is.?

The black-furred Togorian read off the information that she had indicated. ?G73-6U83-76W2-1302 ? Althm, Kamrio.? A feral grin spread across the officer?s face. ?So our friend Kamrio rescued our fugitive.? He laughed as he looked over at his companion. ?Bad move, guy. Bad move.?

?Althm?? Jon looked up from his datapad. ?Didn?t we impound his ship a while back??

Tranogar nodded. ?Yessir, the Nightwing. Pon-Devcris and I entered the transponder codes of the escape vehicle into the computer and he came up as the owner.?

Talos was interested now. ?Is there any evidence that they know each other??

Laysi fielded this question. ?The information suggests that this was a chance encounter, but there is always that possibility.?

Stroking his small beard, Jon pondered the new information. ?We know Althm?s address, correct??

A small smile began to creep across his Executive Officer?s face. ?Yes, sir.?

Jon pursed his lips and nodded; of course they had his address. He sat forward and steepled his fingers. ?I do believe it is time we pay our friend a visit, Captain Tranogar.?

Yelizaveta lay on her stomach on the couch, having been awakened by a bout of searing pain in her thigh. She sighed and looked down at her wrist chronometer; it was 0241. I don?t want to be awake?.

As she struggled to fall asleep again, she let her thoughts drift. But they always managed to return to her rescuer.

He could have thrown me out of the speeder as soon as I jumped in. But that was illogical; that would have taken up the precious time needed for his own escape. He could have stopped and said, ?All right, I saved you. Now get out of my speeder; you?re getting blood all over the seat.? That wouldn?t have been too hard for him. After all, she had gotten blood all over the seat.

And he certainly didn?t have to bring her home. Granted, any man would have wanted to take her home, but surely not for Kamrio?s reasons. He had wanted to make sure that she was okay. They had just met, and he was concerned about her.

Stop thinking, Liz. You?re too low on blood for that. She quirked a small smile as she turned onto her side and attempted to fall back asleep.

?Madame Director, I request your permission to execute another mission against Yelizaveta Taricks.?

Before answering, Director Montice glanced down at the chronometer

22. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Yeah! I love it! Keep it coming!

23. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Yay!! POSTIE UP!!

omg I hate that too...

24. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Indenting is overrated. [face_mischief]

25. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Yes, you can just hit the spacebar enough time. I like this story keep it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.