main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Outer Rim and Fanforce

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Mar 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I've been asked to clarify the role of Outer Rim and fanforce so here goes. Bear in mind that this is all my own opinion. Others may see things differently.
    The broad definition:
    The WA fanforce forum is a place for local starwars fans to have fun online.
    The Outer-Rim fanslub is a place for local starwars fans to have fun in offline.
    There is a strong connection between the forum and the fanclub. This is to be expected since the club was formed by people who all met through the forum. There's a few things I'd like to clarify about that connection though.
    A person who wants to be a member of Outer Rim doesn't have to participate on this forum. So far, all of the members have posted on here but there are several interested potential members who haven't.
    A person who wants to participate on this forum doesn't have to become a member of Outer Rim. Everyone's welcome but I won't turn my nose up at any fanforce people who don't want to join Outer Rim.
    Many people do both and that's great but it's not essential.
    People who post on here and don't intend to join Outer Rim are still welcome to come along whenever one of us decides to have a get together/movie night etc. If something is specifically for Outer Rim members, I will makes sure that any posts on here about it make it clear that it's for Outer Rim. Usually Outer Rim will appear in the thread topic heading (in fact I think we should all make a habit of doing that to avoid confusion). If anyone else does turn up to an Outer Rim meet, we won't exactly turn you away. We're not that formal. The club is all about having a good time. I expect that some people will want to come to an activity or two before they'll decide if they want to join.
    A lot of Outer Rim business will be discussed on here since for the time being it's convenient for it to happen in a place we all come to anyway. As I said there are links between the two but they're certainly not the same thing.
    Eg. I'm the president of Outer Rim. I'm also the City Rep. for the WA forum. They're not the same position though. The city Rep for this forum could easily be someone who has nothing to do with Outer Rim. The Outer RIm president is chosen by Outer Rim members and the City rep is chosen by Fanforce staff (I was appointed by our regional rep Epic). In this case it happens to be the same person.
    Basically, the fact that someone wants to be in one doesn't mean they're obliged to be in the other. As I've stated before, I don't see Outer Rim as an Internet club. It's started out that way, but we will have members who don't post on here or who might not even have Internet access. That's fine. Outer Rim and this forum both serve purposes that will overlap in some instances.
    If anyone wants to add to this then feel free to do so. I hope this clarifies the way I see it anyway.

2. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    Thanks heaps Soneil for answering my question, I appreciate it :)

3. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I coudn't agree more. Maybe we should have this in some fashion on the site somewhere, dunno.

4. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Good idea. A FAQs page perhaps. It could maybe come under the 'About the Club' section.

5. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    A FAQ is a great idea, definately have to add that to the site. Should we get a list going about what gos on the site and where. That way when the time comes to do the site we know what to do. In one word, storyboarding.

6. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    I am being a pain(kill me later OK).
    You are trying to get a club running called "Outer Rim-whatever". Problem being this site is also called "Outer Rim". I know the difference but in the future will others?

"Outer Rim" is a fantastic name, like everyone else I think it should be used for the best reasons, I do not think it should be used for both-it creates confusion.

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    The site we're talking about is the site for the club when it's done. Should have clarified that. I guess we get a little carried away in the excitement of getting the club up and runnung. :)

8. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Whoa, you confused me then Spider. Must be still the after effects of the drink. :)

What site did you think I was talking about?

9. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    Nope, with Soneil's post everything is clear(I think) club stuff will be done on another site. This one will remain as is for chats etc.

10. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Shoulda revived this one a week or so ago... [face_devil]

11. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Yup it's a good one to have up front.

12. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Thanx for clearing that up :)

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm sure I started a thread with ideas for a forum FAQ. I can't seem to find it. If anyone else can spot it, do me a favour and give it a boost. Otherwise I'll start a new one. I still think an FAQ would be a good idea. The less club business on here and the more this is a fanforce forum, the better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.