main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Outer Rim General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Finally got my Hyperspace access code (better late than never right?) Can't wait to see all of those cool features I've been missing out on.

2. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Hyperspace is awesome. They really do have a ton of good stuff. Plus some of the shop is discounted.

3. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Just curious, is there a way that we can get the little note on the bottom of our pages taken off. It is just that we don't have all our meetings there in Cruces. Maybe we should just have something saying we meeting every second Sunday of the month at 4:30, check monthly meeting threads for location.

4. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Tomorrow (after my test), I'll get it all sorted out, and will also begin working on the charter.

5. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    If I can help let me know.

6. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Question for all. We briefly talked about this at the last meeting and I would like to through it out there to everyone else. What does everyone think about the April meeting being a bowling outing? I think it is a good idea and that we would have a lot of fun.

7. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    That sounds good to me. I can bring a camera along and start taking pictures. Plus we really haven't had much outings since the Superman showing back in the summer.

On another note, went to Sea World. Got back yesterday. It was fun but also very disturbing. I have a thing when it comes to keeping marine animals in tanks.

8. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Bowling sounds good to me. I don't know if I will be able to leave Alamogordo. I will most likely be on call for work, if we have the meeting on the second Sunday. With Easter being on the third Sunday; it will be hard to have it later. Schedule the meeting and if I can make it, I will. You don't have to work around my schedule.

9. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Unfortunately, I think bowling in Alamo would not be so good. Hopefully they wont have you on stand by that weekend.

10. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I'll let you know.

11. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Well we have one postive reply for the bowling outing, anyone else have thoughts on the issue?

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Where is this bowling alley going to be at?

13. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    We need to go to either El Paso or Cruces so which ever people would prefer. I will need everyone's insight into a decent bowling alley because I don't even know where they are out there. So if you want to give me a good bowling alley out in El Paso that works for me.

14. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I just figured I would let you all know that the New Jersey Order will be conducting a trivia contest tonight at 8 est at their website. They said it will be on both the OT and the PT.

http://www.newjerseyorder.com/php-nuke/modules.php?name=IRC_Chat

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Can someone tell me what's the latest Star Wars Insider? I just got issue #85 (Jan-Feb. '06) in the mail today and I thought that issue #86 was supposed to ship on Feb.7th.

16. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Is there a date for the bowling? It will be time for my new work schedule to come out soon and I need to have a date so I can see if I can get that day clear. Let me know as soon.

17. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    If we went second Sunday of the month, it would be April 9th, I believe. I certainly won't be around for this, but I'm not nearly as required for these meetings anymore. [face_mischief] (I'll be in NYC from Apr. 6-16.)

18. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I don't remember, but when is Easter weekend?

Maybe we could have it on the following weekend, the 23rd? Whatever you all have in mind is fine with me.

19. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I will be gone on the weekend after Easter. Don't let that effect a meeting date. I'm sure you will all get along without me. Let me know what date you settle on and I will let you know if I can make it.
    Have a good day. Take care.

20. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay will Easter is the 16th so that is definitely out of the question. So I think the 9th would be the best time. But I am also thinking that in order to get mass participation that we should probably just have a normal meeting in April on the 9th and shoot for a bowling outing for our May meeting on the 14th. Anyone have any objections?

21. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    That sounds good to me.

22. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    That sounds very good!

23. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I'm good with that.

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I just had a great idea. What about a round of Putt-Putt golf in Alamogordo? Just an idea. It might be fun.

25. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    That could be fun. They've got a meeting/party room, too. But... yeah. I'll PM you.