main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Outer Rim General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I will get with my partner in crime and work out ideas for the April meeting. Expect a new topic up by the middle of next week talking about it. But the bowling outing will be postponed for now.

2. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Sure.

Might not be able to get on the comp this week as our comp. @ home got some kind of bug but if I can, I'll find someway to get on. Maybe use the comp @ school.

3. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I am sure everyone else has seen this on TFN, but the new rumor for C4 is May 24-27 at the LA Convention Center.

4. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    That is so doable it's not even funny. Could get in some good Disneyland time too!

5. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    If they do have a C4 next year, I am willing to bet those are the days. Now the location is still just a rumor though. LA would work so great for Nicole and I that it is not even funny.

6. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I hope they figure out a location and firm date soon. It will make it easier to project the time off and start saving up to go. I would prefer Vegas. It is closer.
    I need to find someone that is going to Comic Con. They will be selling exclusive 501st stormtrooper figures and everyone in the 501st wants one. Someone is trying to get Hasbro to sell them to the 501st members first. If not, then we need to find someone to go and get them for us. People will only be allowed to buy four per person. My sister lives in Barstow, I might be able to get her or my brother-in-law to go by there. I spoke to some of the 501st members last weekend and we are trying to figure out a way to get some. If anyone has a plan, let me know.

Everett

7. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I will let you know if I find anyone going but you better do the same. Getting one of those would be awesome.

8. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Check out the link below. I think many of you will like what is said at the link.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060504/en_usatoday/starwarsgoesbacktobasics

Take Care.

9. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    That article almost makes it sound like the movies are going to be the 90's rerelease versions. I know that is not true from reading the article on starwars.com though. $30 is making it pricey, but I know I will still need to get them.

10. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I will get them too. We will have to see how much they go for when they come out. Heres a great idea. We should dress up and go to whichever store has them, the day they come out. It is just an idea anyway. Gets our group seen around town. I know other FF groups do allot of appearances and things.

11. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey everyone, so how are things going so far? Everett, thanks for posting that article on those dvds. Don't think I will get those ones as I am content for now and after spending 90 bucks on the "Taken" dvds I can definately say there won't be any more spending for a while until the season 2 dvds of "Joan of Arcadia" come out.

12. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    You're welcome. I thought everyone would like to read that article on the DVDs.
    I had a really good time at Starfest in Denver. I hung around with the 501st Stormtroopers and some of the Order of the Grey Jedi group. It is really a good place to meet many types of groups and people.
    Have a good day and week. Take care.

13. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay maybe I am the only one out of the loop but, Order of the Grey Jedi? Glad to hear the Con went well. I am looking forward to hearing all about it and maybe seeing some pictures if you took any.

14. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    The Order of the Grey Jedi is the local Denver Jedi group. They really go all out at Cons. I don't think I have any photos of them this year. It was a very busy weekend. I hope to post a few pics here soon.

15. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Greetngs All,
    Here is the link to this years Bubonicon.

http://home.att.net/~bubonicon/

16. jedi_yoda_2002

jedi_yoda_2002 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2006
    Hey everyone! It's nicole Joshs's wife!! I finally signed on. Now i can talk star wars too! [face_dancing] Have a great week!

17. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Cool. Look forward to seeing your posts.

18. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Greetings Nicole. Glad to see you on here.

19. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Woohoo! Welcome to the boards, Nicole!

20. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Does this mean I have to talk to her here too?

21. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Maybe.

22. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay so I thought I would share this with everyone. I made this video yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSEGqAk8YJM

23. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Greetings All,
    Here is the latest on C4.

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

24. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay everyone check this out, it's a movie called "Fanboys". At first the only reason I wanted to see it was because Christopher Marquette from "Joan of Arcadia" will be staring in it but now I want to see it even more here's why:

Synopsis:

Set in 1998, it's about four best friends, all rabid Star Wars fans from Ohio. When they learn that one of them is dying of cancer and will not live to see the May 1999 release of Episode One, they decide to break into George Lucas's Skywalker Ranch to see an early print of the film. It's a road comedy with some pathos. And yes, Chris's character, Linus is the one who's dying. There are tons of cameos by sci-fi types like William Shatner and Carrie Fisher, even Billy Dee Williams.

25. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Nice job on your video.