main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Outer Rim General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Sorry I haven't been around much either. I have been seriously swamped with homework and final papers and projects and then after that I'm going to Minnesota for Christmas.

Everett, hope you had a good time in Australia!
    Lj, congrats on your historian title.
    Ronnie, hope school isn't getting you down as much as it's getting me and Andrea!

2. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    If only that were true. I finally lost it this past Tues. to the point that at lunch I just saw it as an opportunity to not come back. I just couldn't handle it. I know it was the wrong thing to do but at the time it seemed like the right thing. I just wanted to escape from everything that was stressing me out you know. I just had the desperate urge to get out of there.

3. mandy_djo

Apr 8, 2004
    Don't feel bad. The same thing happened to me on Wednesday. I got up and went to work from 8-10 and came back home and decided I didn't want to go to class. I went to sleep and ditched two classes. Then I went to one class because homework was due and then I ditched a third class after that. Then I spent the evening shopping and having fun.

A little break is needed, especially right now with as crazy as school is for everyone.

4. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Things seem to have gotten awful quiet around here. Well just thought I would pop on and wish everyone a Happy Holiday. Also everyone have a safe New Year.

5. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Happy Holidays to you and your family also Josh.

Happy Holidays to everyone else as well. Hope you all have a safe and Merry one.

6. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Happy New Year everyone.
    I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday, whichever you choose to call it.
    I just returned from Cali. It was great to get away.

7. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    So how was everyone's New Year's? My family and I headed up to Alamogordo for our annual New Year's camping trip. We went to Oliver Lee State Park which is about 10 miles away from the town. Definately had a blast since this year was the first time in forever that old Oliver Lee got snow. It was such a surprise to wake up to. Headed out to Cloudcroft and that was amazing. Even got to see a herd of like 30 Elk in the snow!!! Now that was a real thrill. Had seen elk before but never in CC or in the snow.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and a good New Years.

8. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Well some good news. No school today. They were shut down due to the bad weather. Right now it's not so bad though just rain puddles. I don't know how bad they are expecting it to be for the schools to be shutting down. It's just crazy.

9. mandy_djo

Apr 8, 2004
    Hey guys. Sorry you haven't heard from me in a while. I try to remember to come on here, but I've just been so busy! My computer's been broken for quite sometime so I haven't been on the internet at home.

I don't know when I could make it to meetings. I work on the weekends now so I don't get to leave Las Cruces much. I guess you guys should go ahead and set the dates for meetings for whoever responds to the meeting discussions. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it regularly at all. =(

I'm so sorry guys. School's got me stressing.

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

10. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Don't worry about it. Hopefully we can find some way to have a meeting in Cruces sometime.

This month hasn't been the easiest for me either (well rather this whole '07 year). Been busy with retreats on the weekends and Sat. tutoring.

I really hope in March we can have a meeting because since Josh left we really haven't had a chance. But I guess we'll just see how things go.

11. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Hello Everyone,
    Sorry I haven't been on here much. I've been pretty busy lately, just like everyone else.
    It doesn't look like we are going to have a meeting again this month. Maybe try again next month. We can have meetings in Las Cruces if everyone wants to. I don't have a problem with that. Just post our ideas. I have been trying to get a reply from the other group in El Paso. It seems there isn't much activity on their boards.
    I hope everone is doing well. I hear from Josh from time to time. They are doing well.

Take Care.

12. mandy_djo

Apr 8, 2004
    It's so hard trying to keep this together when everyone's so busy. I still love to see people come back here and give updates on how they're doing.

We really should try extra hard to have a meeting next month because the group will be two years old in March.

Hope everyone's doing well in everything in their life.

13. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    The March Meeting thread is now up and running. Hope we get some feedback.

14. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    So yeah, I am at working with nothing to do. What better way to kill time then to blow up these boards. Hope everyone is doing well. We are still doing good out here.

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey Josh, great to hear from you. How's the job working out for you?

Well I just got some great news. I got my acceptance letter to NMSU yesterday! I can't believe it, I'll be an Aggie in the fall semester. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

16. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Congrats!!!!!!!

17. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Congratulations!!! *Ben Kenobi voice* "You've taken a small step into a larger world..." *old ben voice*

18. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Congrats!!

19. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Hello Wook. I am glad to see you posting on here. It has been a long time. It was great to see you last Dec. for the Citibank Toys For Tots troop.
    Hope to see you posting here again soon. I don't think I have seen you posting on the Dewback Ridge Sq forums in a long time, if ever. I hope to see you posting there too.
    I think the sq has really moved ahead since Lor became SL. I think he is trying to make it better anyway.

Take care

20. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Whoa, I actually still exist, whaddya know?:eek:. Anyway, I finally posting. I have had one heck of a life lately, school began to pile up on me as well as family stuff. Anyway, I will still be in New Mexico for a couple more months. Then I'll be moving to Arkansas to attend a four-year university. Anyhow, I am reading the March meeting thread. It's weird that we haven't had any new members post on here lately.. Hope everyone else is doing okay. Things are getting a bit better for me.

21. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    It's good to hear from you! Arkansas, wow. Not exactly close to home is it. Well I do wish you the best of luck. Hopefully we can all get together soon.

22. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    We'll miss having you at meetings. I hope you will find time to post here once in a while.
    Good luck.

23. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I just realized that the day I graduate is the anniversary date of Star Wars!!!!! (May 25th). How cool is this?

There is so much on this day. My cousin is to be born, it's the day my dad went into the Marines and then Star Wars [don't know why I didn't realize it sooner.]

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    That's cool.
    The US Post Office is releasing the Star Wars stamps that day too.

25. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I forgot to post this earlier this month, but since the month isn't over until tonight.

Happy 2nd Anniversary ORFF!!