main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Outer Rim General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    So Beth is an official R2 fan. I had ROTS on yesterday and she would stop whatever she was doing and watch whenever she heard R2 beeping. It was real cute. She has a stuff R2 that beeps that she is always playing with and giving kisses to. I guess a sci-fi driod is better than boys, right?

2. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    That is cute, Josh.

And hey, who better than R2?! He was always my favorite as a kid and I haven't stopped loving that clever droid.

3. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Wishing you all a Happy Easter!

4. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Sorry for not posting much lately. I've been pretty busy. It anyone wants to have a meeting this month, let me know. I don't know if I will be able to make though.

5. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    It's okay. I haven't posted much either. Too much focus on school lately.

6. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Hope the board members are doing well. I went to register for my classes yesterday. I am so stoked! I feel comfortable there. I feel at home.

7. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    This was sent to me and I wanted to pass it onto everyone.

C4 is just around the corner and so is the Fan Force table. Currently the Fan Force Administration is desperately seeking donations of any amount to cover the cost of having the new banner made:

The old banner is worn (I recently used it and can testify to this) and this new banner would look really great for the table.

After C4 your chapter would be able to sign up to use it. There is a thread in the Chapter Representative Forum.

Donations can be sent via PayPal to stlouisfanforce@gmail.com

I have donated $5 on behalf of the Charlotte Fan Force. Please PM or post a thread on your forum asking your members if they can help out. Any amount is appreciated.

On behalf of Dajuan and the other Fan Force Staff Members,

Jada
    Charlotte Fan Force

8. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    If anyone isn't busy next Saturday(5 May); The New Mexico Space Hall of Fame is having International Space day. There will be several members of the 501st Legion attending in costume. I hope some of you can make it up there. Sorry for the short notice; I've been really busy lately, like all of you have. Hope to see some of you there.

Take Care

9. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Hope the Space Day went well

10. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    How's it going everyone?

Been busy as usual. Graduation is almost approaching! (May 25th). I am so stoked.

Well I saw Spiderman 3 yesterday and it was awesome. One however though, Josh you were right, Topher Grace wasn't that good a Venom.

Hope you all are doing okay. Josh, hope you're having fun in Japan.

11. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Space Day went great. We had 6 of us, from the 501st, in costume. They loved it. We went to White Sands afterwards and had several people stop and ask for pics. It was windy as heck, but with a helmet on, it didn't seem all that bad. I was wearing Sandtrooper armor.
    We were invited to come to X-Prise Cup in Oct.

Take Care

12. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I forgot to mention that I'm going......to Celebration IV. Woo Hoo!! I can't wait. If anyone wants me to try to pick up something for them, let me know and I will see what I can do.

13. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    That is so awesome Everrett!

If you wouldn't mind getting me anything that says Celebration IV on it that would be great. I'd be willing to pay you for it.

14. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Give me an example of what you're looking for and I will see what I can do.

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    A patch would be cool.

16. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Not a problem. Anyone else?

17. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    What a thrill to graduate from high school on the Star Wars memorial day!!!

18. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Well congrats on the graduation and good luck in college. I am attempting to patiently await C4 news from Everett. So whenever you get back on here lets know how it was.

19. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Yeah, I'm awaiting the news too.

And it's cool because I will be going to NMSU! I am stoked.

So how are things going in Japan, Josh?

20. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Greetings All,
    I made it back from C4. Sorry it has taken so long to post. Been busy since I returned. I had a blast. It was huge and with the convention center being so big; things weren't to congested. The store wasn't a problem at all, except they didn't have enough stock and ran out of a few things the first day. There were all kinds of costumes from the Star Wars universe and few out side that universe. It was my first celebration and I would go again. It wasn't as bad as I've heard the last ones were. I did a bit of work with the crew(volunteers) and got to avoid the long lines to get into the con each day. That was a plus. While I only volunteered for 6 hours, it was a good way to get the perks that come along with it.
    I met people from all over the world.
    I really enjoyed all the comments on my sandtrooper armor and Imperial Officer uniform.

Everett

21. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    That's awesome, Everett! Welcome back. Glad you had a great time out there. So you were a volunteer, that is very cool.

22. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Imperial Officer uniform? I haven't heard about that one yet. Did Sansweet have some special sneak peek this year? I know they showed the trailer for Clone Wars and I heard that they showed about half the Fanboys movie. Just wondering if he should anything else. Glad you had fun though. What do you say, meet up at C5 whenever that happens?

23. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    There was so much going on that I missed the Fan Boys clip and also the Clone Wars one. I didn't hear of any other sneak previews.
    I hope to be able to go to the next celebration, whenever that is.
    Doing some volunteer work at C4 was the best idea anyone ever had. I think everyone in the 501st did some. It got you past the huge line to get in each day too. You also got a badge with a stormtrooper on it and when you were done, you got your Darth Vader bacdge back as well. So, two badges, way cool and free C4 crew t-shirts. Those are cool too.
    I'm glad I went, if I haven't already said that.
    BTW, I thought I had mentioned I bought an Imperial Officer uniform. I have the black one. It is really nice. My hat was used in a fan film that was made at Starfest this last April. It is in post production now. When it is finished, I will post a link to it. I will try to post a pic of my uniform soon.

Take Care

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Check out the Rebelscum web site. There are some really cool stuff there these days.

25. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    For those that missed the Star Wars Robot Chicken on Cartoon Network last night:

http://www.adultswim.com/video/index.html?section=Comedy&collectionID=8a25c3920ef15683010ef20fc9d2015d

It was really funny. The link above has almost all if not all the parts of it. Check it out.