main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Outer Rim General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    So when does your semester end and what are y'all doing for the summer?

2. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    our semester ends this week, May 6th. It's finals week right now...can't wait for it to be over with. For the summer I'm going to Minnesota. I spend every summer there, but first Andrea and I are going to Disneyland all next week! Hooray!

3. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    I get to spend the summer missing MAndy and giving parking tickets to everyone. I love my job.

4. gneiss_jedi

gneiss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Mike, you could come to El Paso and hang out with the El PasHo!

I have one more final Friday morning. Until then, I'm studying, chilling, and searching for boxes to pack my stuff in.

5. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    So does that mean most of you will be scattered to the winds until August/September?

What about your chapter? You guys have one more meeting and a CR election to become official. Make sure you guys have at least one meeting during the summer...

6. mandy_djo

Apr 8, 2004
    don't worry, we've thought about it, and we'll keep it going. I'm the only who's really leaving the area, and I'm sure everyone else will still pull together for a meeting.

7. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    The boards are lonely without Andrea and Mandy to post all over them. I hope they're having fun in Disneyland.

8. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Gneiss_Jedi - you really gotta read your PMs, girl!

9. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I-)zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10. mandy_djo

Apr 8, 2004
    SO! General Discussion.....we can discuss...generals! hahahaha...sorry, late at night. WELL! I have the internet now at my house here in Minnesota! so I'll still get to post to my heart's content here! So how's everyone else's summers going so far?

11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    So tell us about your Disneyland trip!

12. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    Here's some stuff to make you chuckle, maybe even snort. :p

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/spotlight/collections/starwars/
    Sith Apprentice and Anakin Dynamite are a couple of my favs.

http://www.storewars.org/flash/index.html
    I like Chewbroccoli.

13. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Disnyland trip was AWESOME!

First day, we went on six rides in half an hour. We spent the entire day there, from early entrance, to close. The next day, we got there later, but still had a nice time and stayed til closing. I taped the new fireworks show. Then our third day, we were SO exhausted, that we stayed there for like 5 hours and went back to the room. We were D-E-D DED. Then Friday, we didn't have as much great luck with rides, but that was alright.

Finally, we went to the beach! What a lovely trip! And it was best because it was with my best friend Mandy! And I didn't have to deal with anyone else. :D

14. mandy_djo

Apr 8, 2004
    I still think about that trip often. It was great.

So I went and saw Batman Begins today! It was flippin' awesome- I'm going to attempt to see it again while it's in theaters. Anyone else seen this and loved it?

15. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I want to see Batman. I love the whole superhero stuff. Can't wait till "Superman Begins" next summer. Out of all the super-heroes out there the man of steel has been my all time favorite.

Although the most anticipated film I'm waiting for this year is War of the Worlds. Saw the old version (which I thought was both funny and pathetic. Not that I blame that one since back then they didn't have our techno.) Read the book but I really didn't like it that much. Knowing Spielburg (sp?) he's going to make this one out of this world!

So how's everyone summer been going?

Went up to the Banff/Jasper area in Canada. It was great. Got to see a grizzly and many black bears. Got to take a walk on a glacier, and then paddled a canoe on Lake Louise, during a storm no less! Oh yeah, and then nearly got attacked by a bird. That about sums it up :)

16. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    Batman begins was awesome! I loved it! Batman is my favorite of the superheros because he's an ordinary guy. He fights the bad guys with only his incredible ability to kick ass and this movie showed just that. I loved it.

I went to Canada a few summers ago. I went to Glacier National Park and canoed on Cameron lake which was a glacier lake. That was fun.

My summer so far has consisted of painting my uncle's house, watching movies, going fossil hunting with my pop, and next week I'll be a counselor at a summer camp.

17. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I haven't seen Batman Begins yet. I want to, but will most likely wait to see War of the Worlds first as a birthday gift. I have been looking for a job (nothing fast food, I refuse that, maybe stocker or bagging). I have been doing a lot of reading and sleeping (I love to read and love catching up on it!) Oh, that and being really psyched for HBP release. I've been shopping for things for my costume (Yes, I am a nerd wanting to go in costume). I have had my computer at the shop cause it got a hell of a lot of Trojans. Apparently, my computer wasn't doing 2000 updates and some Trojans snuck past. Anyway, I think I'll go take a nap in a little bit and finish watching the special features on the Pochantas DVD.

18. gloomypadme

gloomypadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    Ooo I am so excited about HBP too! I'm currently rereading all my Harry Potter books for what feels like the 8th time. I wish I had time or money to make a costume for the midnight party, but I'll live.

I saw Batman and loved it beyond love, it is my favorite Batman movie ever. When he was getting all his stuff(grappling hook, cloak, batsuit) I was geeking out in the audience and when he was finally completely suited up I almost squealed BATMAN, but I held myself back in until the DVD comes out and I can go nuts at home.

19. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I just have an innocent question to ask [2 actually]:

1.)What is it about Harry Potter that attracts people to it?
    2.)What is it about Napolian Dinomite that attracts people to it?

20. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    1. It's fun? ;)

2. It's ridiculous. Hilariously ridiculous. (And who can resist that mighty beefcake Napoleon? He's so hot! :p )

21. gloomypadme

gloomypadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    1. Because it is so awesome

2. I can't stand Napoleon Dynamite, it feels like a Wes Anderson/Alexander Payne ripoff and I hate it. I don't understand the fascination.

22. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I am truely an old soul. I mean it. I'm only 16 years old and I can't stand anything that teens my age are into. Never got the point about Napolian Dinomite. And maybe because there is no real point to it which just makes it more confusing. Everyone I know is into that movie and they are into rock music and I can't stand listening to it. I'm not into other kinds of movies such as scary ones (or those that are rated R for that matter). Is there something wrong with me?

23. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Nah, our friend Nikki (Skipping_Vader) is very similar. When I was 16, I also wasn't into all the stuff that a lot of teens are.

All that matters is that you love Star Wars, anyway! :p

24. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Well still that doesn't make it feel any better since I'm the only person I know that is not into the same interests as everyone else.

25. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    My summer has been just like every other season. I did finally get out to Carlsbad Caverns this weekend. That was cool to see. And as for not liking everything that other people like, that is a good thing. Most people don't like have of what they say they do, they just say they like it to fit in. You know who you are and that is what matters.