main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Outer Rim General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    You know who you are and that is what matters.

Yeah that's some of the trouble I've been having with.

2. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I cant' speak for everyone else, but what draws me to HP is a lot of different things. It's thanks to Mandy and Andrea I'm hooked on it to begin with (I'm not retelling that story.[face_whistling] What I like HP is the complex storyline, the characters, the plot. It's a mix of drama, humor, action/adventure. The characters are just so loveable! I also love how they use magic and how JK is so good at using the tinest things to foreshadow future events. I also love how the exact opposite of what I think is happening is going to happen. That's just me though.

I can't answer on the Napeleon Dynamite thing cause I haven't seen it and don't plan to!

---HP ROCKS!!!--

:D [face_dancing]

3. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    I love the Caverns. Who doesn't like year-round 72°? :D

I am working at COPE right now, and taking a Communications class up at NMSU-A. Today I am in Las Cruces, shopping for necessities, like a new power supply for my laptop! I'm so happy! And I got Brittani a birthday present.

Oh, and just so you all know, I'm stepping down from the Chancellorship, so people like Mandy need to take "I sleep with the Chancellor" out of their sigs, because soon that will mean you are sleeping with a girl in Australia. :p

4. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I was just wondering if anyone had the SW Heros and Villians dvds that were put out a while back in news papers. I bought some on ebay but forgot to check the region so they don't work on my players. Mostly I am just wondering if they were any good.

5. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    "I sleep with the ex-chancellor" ? :p

6. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Change it, I'm blue now! :p

Josh: I didn't bother with the Heroes and Villains thing. In fact, I remember it only in name... what was it?

7. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    The Heroes and Villians DVDs were an exclusive thing. I guess one dvd went out to all New York Post subscribers and the other to some other news paper subscribers else where. Each dvd is hosted by Anthony Daniels and covers the characters from all six movies. I am hoping to have a person change the region on the dvds for me. My brother knows a guy that might be able to do it for me. If I do get it changed over I will let you all know how they are.

8. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    LJ were you the one in Oklahoma out here in Alamo? I remember somebody mentioning they were in it and I thought I recognized you up there. But I might be getting my names wrong like I do from time to time. So if it is somebody else I apologize in advance.

9. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    LJ wasn't able to be in it... you must have seen someone else. ;)

10. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    I'm taking three classes and totally hooked on more SW ness. I found this page with all the SW universes in it and the alien races. Facinating stuff! I was looking up this stuff for the fanfic I'm working on. My username on here has a whole backstory, which I am writing out. *snort*

11. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay I guess the person I saw just looks a lot like her. That is so weird.

12. gloomypadme

gloomypadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    Hi, my friend and I got into a little argument about Star Wars and I wanted a neutral opinion on the matter from people who will know what I'm talking about. He thinks that the "other" that Yoda speaks of in Empire is actually Darth Vader or Anakin instead of Leia who I always thought it was that he was talking about. Help? He also made it clear that he thought it was a differet person from the "other Skywalker" he was talking about in Jedi

13. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I've always been of the impression that it was Leia. This ties in with "There is... another... Skywalker," in ROTJ. Yoda wouldn't be so cryptic when speaking to Obi-Wan, if it was about Anakin. This is like when they were pulling out the big guns. Yoda was saying, "There's still hope to turn Vader beside Luke."

14. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I was always under the impression that it was Leia also.

School started today. It went well, I have some very cool classes such as clinicals/anatomy & phisiology and psychology. My english class seems cool too since we will be doing a lot of writing (which I love to do).

15. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Awesome. Are you planning to go into the medical field or what?

16. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    That's the plan. I want to go into either Emergency Medicine or Psychology. There are about 14 different areas that we get to visit so I'll be able to keep my options and my mind open. If neither of those work out, my third back up plan is to stray away from the medical field and become an astronomer (since that's what I've also wanted to do with my life).

17. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Oh hey cool. I didn't know you and Red 8 were back in school already. So, how's it been going? I go back to school on the 17th. I'm not taking a full schedule, just part-time. My mom is a nursing aide, so I know a little something about the medical field.

18. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Astronomy is SO awesome. I took an entry-level astronomy class this last year, and it was soooooooooOOOOOO fun. Astronomers are really fun people too (for the most part). :D And, you're in a great part of the country to learn about astronomy. ;)

19. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Like several others, I believe he refers to Leia. Almost for the simple fact that when Luke tells Obi-Wan that Yoda referred to another, Obi-Wan states that the other Yoda spoke of was his twin sister.

20. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003

It's been going good so far. In my clinical class we are starting to learn first aid. Then next week we (and I mean everyone: Clinicals, Dental, LVN, EMT) have to go and get our TB test updated as part of one of the requirements. AP English has been going good so far as well. We are going to end up doing lots of writing in that class. There's like six books we have to read; one of which is "The Scarlett Letter" and the other we have to chose from a list of college books. I'm going to go ahead and chose "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen.

So far everything is going good in general.

21. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    The Scarlet Letter was awful. Dreadful. And for some reason, I read it twice. I hate anti-transcendentalists.

22. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Heh, I'm lagging!:oops: To answer an earlier question, I believe "the other" is Leia as well. I believe it is Leia b/c in ROTJ, Yoda says there is another Skywalker. This is of course Leia, who was adopted by Bail Organa. So, I'm pretty positive they meant his twin sister Leia. (Or should I say younger sister[face_laugh]. Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy Ronnie. I read Pride and Prejudice, and I thought it was really good. It's a lot to follow, but I liked it. I never read The Scarlet Letter, but it doesn't really seem like my cup of tea. But schoolwork is schoolwork eh?;)

23. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I read Pride and Predjudice over and over again, it's one of my favorite books. (Did anyone see the movie preview? I started laughing in the theatre when I did.) The Scarlett Letter just annoyed me, because I think it was a dumb punishment to walk around with a red letter on your shirt.

Another good book along those lines is Jane Eyre. That girl is my hero.

24. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I saw the previews to Pride & Prejudice as well. Before that I had heard of the book and wanted to read it but now I can read it as an excuse! I'm glad that book was on the list.

25. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Ahhh! I'm just BURSTING to tell someone this. LJ was here for it. I don't know if you all know who Emerson Spartz is, but he owns and runs Mugglenet.com- my FAVORITE Harry Potter website, and arguably one of the best and most successful HP sites. Anyway, I'm a total fangirl for him- he's really, uh, good looking, funny, all that crap that girls like about guys they like. Anyway. I found him on thefacebook.com, which really wasn't difficult, considering he always talks about going to Notre Dame, and I added him. I didn't think he'd add me back BUT HE DID!!! *squeals* I have my own boyfriend and everything (three years and still going strong), but girls are allowed to go a little fangirly over an Internet celebrity. You know why this is cool? He's met Jo Rowling. And now I'm connected to him. OH MY GOSH! Ahhh. ;)

Fangirls are evil.