main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Outer Rim General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Thats cool Jaina Byrd.

2. gloomypadme

gloomypadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    OMG, I have a total crush on him too, especially after he met JKR and those pictures came on the internet, *drools*. But I guess mostly because he's a Harry Potter nerd like me. And now I'm jealous of you, lol

3. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Don't know what that guy looks like but it wouldn't really matter as I only have eyes for one and his initals are HC[face_love]

4. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Yeah for Emerson being on facebook!

5. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Congrats guys on your 1000th message/post!

6. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I have only been in school for about a week and 2 days. I cant belive that I already have so much to do. This is the first time in weeks that I have even gotten close to the boards. I was just wondering if any one else is having this same problem. Or if anybody has any recomendations.

7. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Yeah- we moved into our apartment two days ago (Mandy, Brittani, and I) and we've barely been online, even though we got the internet yesterday afternoon. I've been online at night, after everything is said and done. It's kind of hard coming back to the boards after you've been away dealing with major events in real life. Everyone's debating the finer points of Star Wars or something and you're just going, "WHO CARES?! I just moved in/started school/wrote a huge paper," or something like that. You more or less have to try and visit regularly to keep up with things, but not worry about posting so much. Wait til things die down again- and they will, don't worry!

As for suggestions on keeping on top of things piling up, I can't say I have any specific ideas- I too need some suggestions. :p Somehow I've made it through honors classes through public school and then an entire year of college without figuring out how to stop procrastinating and/or just dealing with day-to-day homework. When I was younger, I didn't have much homework because I could finish most of it in class, so I guess I didn't really learn how to get into the habit of homework. ;)

8. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Don't worry about visiting the boards too much, the majority of us are going to be busy with college (I should go to bed I have class tomorrow[face_beatup]). Mario, I know you and Ronnie will be busy to, so just try to visit on weekends or whenever you can. Trust me that the boards are going to slow down now that summer is at an end. Don't worry we'll all wait for each other! [face_dancing]

9. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Mario, I've been having the same problem. The only times I'm able to get on are like real early in the morning. In the afternoons it's hard since I have lots of homework. The next thing I know, time has advanced and it's all ready 8:30 (which is when I go to bed. I have a difficult time staying up later than that for some reason. I guess because I usually wake up around 5:30 or so) But anyways...

Hopefully when I don't have homework on some week days I'll be able to get on; if not I'll have to settle on weekends.

10. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    It might seem wierd but I envy all of you. My days just consist of boring work. All of you are talking about how busy you are and not having enough hours in a day. It would just be nice to be busy an entire day. But I still must say good luck to you with all of your courses, I remember how tough college can be.

11. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    NM_Mandalorian, trust me, you dont want that. I Am taking AP chemistry, plus I have my nursing class, both of these classes are college courses. I have no idea what I am going to do, I dont have enough time to do anything. And on top of that, I have to go to coomunity college in the summer and take two classes there. I cant wait till next year. I have a feeling that my senior year is going to fly by..... I hope.

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Gosh Red, you're under more stress than I am. The classes that are going to be a lot of work for me are A&P, Algebra 2 (I'm terrible with math), and AP English, we are doing tons of reading, so many books, plus I can't really get myself into the Scarlett Letter. I don't know how I'm going to pass my A&P test. There is just way to much stuff to know and it will get worse (I fear.)

Good luck though Mario. Knowing you, you'll be able to pull through.

13. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    So how was everyone's first day of school? Mine was ok. Not too impressed so far, but that might be because I just don't feel like being here right now.

14. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    My first day of school was last Wed. I am throughly enjoying myself honestly. It's a lot of reading (which I'm good at). I detailed the first week in my blog. I like all my profesors. Professor Riordan reminds me a lot of Miss Nicholson, Professor Breding (Theatre), she's just zany and hillarious. She had me in stiches today. Ah, fun! I had Dr. Hill last semester and like her a lot. So, things are going pretty well. Sorry I wasn't able to make this last meeting Angie. My mom already said we're going to work something out for September.

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    All ready starting my 3rd week of school. So far so good.

16. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Are you me??? Seriously. That sounds like me. If you haven't gotten into the habit of homework by now, you won't get used to it. Here I am, 5 years out of college going back for my masters (NMSU Distance Ed rules) and I am still procrastinating assignments.

Good luck...you will do fine. 1000 points of light. Stay the course. Don't take 6 years and 200 credits before you graduate.

17. gloomypadme

Mar 9, 2002
    School is kinda miffing me off. I commute from El Paso on a daily basis, so this parking situation is ridiculous. Kill me now!

18. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    EGADS! YOU COMMUTE THAT DRIVE? ARE YOU CRAZY?

19. gloomypadme

Mar 9, 2002
    lmao, yes I do believe I am crazy. Or if I'm not the third year of driving like this will definitely do me in.

20. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    could be crazier. I heard one of my professors say that they had a student that commuted from Alamogordo everyday. I could never do that. Think of the gas prices!!!

21. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Mandy- remember Nathaniel Hernandez, the trumpet? He commuted to and from Alamogordo every day a couple years ago. I think El Paso to Cruces is way worse though! All that I-10/I-25 traffic. Bleh!

22. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    The weekend finally! More homework over the weekend though[face_frustrated]Can't they give us a break? We're juniors-soon to be seniors, maybe not.

Hey, I told you all at the meeting that I would share my SW collection so here it is. It's grown some so everything isn't there (such as my Battle Damage Anakin and Darth Vader action figure [not the Lava Vader], and my "Joiner King" book) Here is the link if you feel like checking it out. I appologize in advance if they are blurred but I'm terrible /c digital cameras.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a234/SWJaggy/

23. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    The weekend indeed, like Jaggy, I have tons and tons of homework. I am not going to sleep all weekend. On a much lighter note, the other day, I got an Anakin Unleashed from revenge of the sith. I really havent seen any around, so I was wondering if anybody else has one. Maybe it is pretty rare, it most likley isnt but maybe...

24. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I don't collect the Unleashed but one that I think would be cool for them to make would be a Padme Unleashed (maybe one from the Geonosis battle since she kicked...during those scenes.) And for Red's sake too]-}

25. gloomypadme

Mar 9, 2002
    There was one that came out after Episode II from the battle, but she looked kinda manly, lol