main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Outer Rim - Logo Complete

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, Mar 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Well I have finished what I think the logo should look like. I know most of you saw the concept logo on the meeting night and were impressed. So I have left it as it is, touched up a few places and added more version.

They are as follows:

Black Version - this would be used for things that we need no colour and it needs to be easy recognizable.

Cartoon Version - This version is just flat colours and is very simple.

Textured/Final Version - these versions would be the actual logo. They are a little more detailed and are best viewed as higher sizes.

If you could all take a look over the designs, give me your comments, what you like, what you dislike. We need atleast two a black/greyscale version and a colour version. If you like something in one and would like to move say, that text with this character then let me know.

If you think the colours are wrong or the layout is not quite right then let me know. I need you undivided attention on this because if I dont get enough feedback then I will make up the final designs and that will be it, NO MORE INPUT FROM THEN ON!!

Got it, good! Oh yeah and the address is:

http://www.burningforge.com.au/outer-rim/index.htm

2. Loadeddog

Loadeddog Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    great work SK
    The only thing I could sugest is to add the sothern cross in there behind the Jawa
    Otherwise I'd say run with it as is

3. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Great idea LD and I did intend to put that in if we have a black background. That way the stars would stand out more, but I will certainly play with that idea some more and see what I can do. Thanks for reminding me.

4. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Ooh, I'm impresed. Good work SK.

5. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I like the Southern Cross idea but I also really like the colour you've used for the background. I'd like that kept in there if you can manage that and the Southern Cross somehow. If you do go for the black background with the stars then at least use that colour for the border still.
    I think that colour and perhaps the darker brown would make good club colours. In fact, I think that club t-shirts with that light colour, featuring the logo, could be a good idea at some point. (I already have a t-shirt that's a very similar colour with dark brown trim so I'm one step ahead of you all)
    Anyway, I love the logos. All very good.

6. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I like the Southern Cross idea but I also really like the colour you've used for the background. I'd like that kept in there if you can manage that and the Southern Cross somehow. If you do go for the black background with the stars then at least use that colour for the border still.
    I think that colour and perhaps the darker brown would make good club colours. In fact, I think that club t-shirts with that light colour, featuring the logo, could be a good idea at some point. (I already have a t-shirt that's a very similar colour with dark brown trim so I'm one step ahead of you all)
    Anyway, I love the logos. All very good. I'll use those colours and one of those logos in the sample website and upload it in the next few days.

7. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah I quite like those colours as well, Well der thats why I picked them. :) I being messin with the idea of the stars, I would like to try and fit them into the logo, I try that black in the middle idea of yours, see how I can. I know that those colours are easy to look at and will look great in future products.

Alright then, give me till Friday and look for some updates then. By the way I will post here when I make a official update but if anyone would like to bookmark this site

http://www.burningforge.com.au/outer-rim/

then this is where you will see the things I have created for Outer-Rim. Think it as sort of a workshop area for Outer-Rim until it needs to be moved over to the official site. Like I said before anyway, I'll post the update here so everyone knows.

8. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    WOW, A update already you say, yep thats right. Another few designs done, well updated anyway. :)

Ok, lets get on with it. I played around with trying to fit the Southern Cross idea into our logo, but no go. :( I still love this idea so I will incorporate it into the website and I assure you, you will be amazed when you see it. In fact, it will be the best club site around. :)

The logo has been changed also, Well only slightly. I have adjusted the colours and I've done some tests and now they look good both on the web and printed on paper.

The other idea I added on the logo and you will see this when you check it out is Sandcrawler tracks behind the Jawa. This does look good but I'm willing to drop it for the logo but definately use the tracks on the website, it will make the overall presentation that much better. Should fit in nicely with my idea as well. However if you all think the tracks should stay then so be it, we shall keep them in. Just remember though we don't need to much detail in the logo, but also don't need to little. I just thought it crowded the logo, thats all. See what you people think anyway.

The site again, incase you don't have the energy to scroll up:

http://www.burningforge.com.au/outer-rim/

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Some people from other states that I've shown it to think it's fine as it is and that it might be a bit to crowded with stars. Tracks also. I'd be inclined to agree.

10. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Thats what I was thinking, well what does everyone else think? If you are happy we shall finalise this thing.

THE SHOW MUST GO ON!!! :D

11. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    OK, I have uploaded the final version of the logos. Two versions, a black lineart version and a colour version.

I will say for the last time now, if NO ONE has any more comments on the design, I will make it official. You all have until SUNDAY to let me know. Otherwise come then the logo's you see on the site now will be the official thing and we can start on the posters/flyers.

http://www.burningforge.com.au/outer-rim/index.htm

NO MORE WARNINGS!!

12. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Nup, looks good sk..

13. Rogue 11

Rogue 11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 1999
    Looks good to me too.

14. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    And me.

15. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    And for me. Jawa with a relaxed attitude love it.

16. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Well most people seem happy with this, so its now our official logo.

Break out the bubbly!! :D

~crowd cheers~

======= End of Thread Discussion =======

17. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    *puts thread up top for no reason*

Why? because I can [face_devil]

18. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Closes thread.... AGAIN!

======= End of Thread Discussion =======

19. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
  20. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Very nice work SoulKrusher ;)

21. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
  22. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    hes modest.. no really he is...

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well I'm more modest and humble than anyone else.

24. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Now that has got to be the funniest post in this thread Soneil, :)

25. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    That was a reply to SM, whoops! Eh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.