main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Outer Rim Midnight Toy Run

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    The Black Sun Collectors Syndicate will by Dex's Midnight Runners for one night!

We will be hitting the Outer Rim for Midnight Madness. We have an ambitious plan to hit many, many stores in IN and IL. If you (and your wallet) are up for this, we will be meeting at Dex's house Friday April 1st. Dex's is located in the south 'burbs and you should pm him if you are serious. And if you are that serious, why weren't you at our planning meeting last Sunday? (Yes Sithy, I'm looking at you :p )

Edit: Because I always forget how to do smiley's properly)

2. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Woohoo!! Gonna be a blast!! An expensive one [face_money_eyes], but still...an absolute blast!!

Get the [face_coffee] ready!

3. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Somebody download the Mission: Impossible theme song!:D

4. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Ask and it shall be granted unto you.

The good news is that while searching for this, I got the Hawaii 5-0 and Green Hornet themes.

The bad news is that I also got the Charles in Charge one as well.

5. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Awesome Haz....you are the man...as always....

Cheryl....I plan to be a Dex's Midnight Runner in Jedi costume with Barriss Offee face make-up...you game for a little costuming?...gotta remember my EL blade too....it will be dark out...and that would be very cool...

I had to report my credit card stolen...so I am hoping that I get a new card by the time of "Dex's Midnight Runners"....otherwise...my Jedi pouches will be loaded with cash that I could lose too....

BTW Haz.....got a sound clip of "Duel of the Fates", "Qui-Gon's Brave Death"...and that Naboo Celebration music from the PM Soundtrack? I would like to try to incorporate that in my TJA PowerPoint....I only have PM on casette tape...

6. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Right, I'll find an MP3 or WAV that you can use.

7. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    yew da man...

:D

I think I need a WAV?...

I don't have a MP3 Player..

8. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    I will be there.

Sent you a PM Dex!

9. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't have a MP3 Player..

Yes, but you can import the MP3 into Powerpoint, just like the WAV file.

Do you want the whole thing, or just a small clip?

10. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    hmmmmm....how much of the song.....

well the "Naboo Celebration"...thingy is really short as I recall....so I guess the whole thing on that...

As far as "Duel of the Fates"...which..."Qui-Gon's Brave Death" is really more of Duel of the Fates...

how long is that music? Bearing in mind that I am on a dial-up...how long it will take to receive it is always an issue...I should have enough storage in my e-mail hot-mail account...

I would like to have the entire song of either DOTF or QGBD....

11. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Okay....this just in......

I've spoken with the manager of the TRU we will be hitting and he stated that as of right now he has NO INFO on the exclusive Yoda figure that is to hit the store the same time as the rest of this is going on. I however have read on another forum that another TRU stated they were going to be doling them out thusly:

THE FIRST FIFTY CUSTOMERS TO PURCHASE $100 OR MORE OF STAR WARS MERCHANDISE WILL RECIEVE THE EXCLUSIVE HOLOGRAM YODA FREE WITH SAID PURCHASE

As of right now consider that info tentative and definitely subject to change. I will be contacting him again later in the week when he has more info. I will post it as soon as I have it.

Now on to a teaser bit of info. I have done this specific toy run dozens of times in the past and it does not take as long as you may think it sounds. But here is the number of stores that we will hit between 7 pm and 2am: 2 Targets, 2 Big-K-marts, 2 Meijers, 1 KB, 1 KB Toy Outlet, 1 Hot Topic (cause the new SW merch they have kicks A**), 1 Wal-Mart, 1 Super Wal-Mart, and 1 Toys R' Us. How's that for running the gammut? :D

Furthermore, I'm sending out info to all those who've asked. Anyone who knows that they are a definite go, please PM me and let me know. I'm just figuring out a headcount so I know how many cars we can all go in. In the message please state if you will be joining us for the entire toy-run or if you must leave right after TRU. More info will be coming soon....

Dex Out!

12. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Also, what would everyone like for dinner once we're out there. I know there is a really great Bennigans across the street from the TRU. And since the Book Club is used to eating there I assume that's a respectable price range. But if everyone is more interested in saving every last dollar for toys we can do something smaller/cheaper. Just discuss it here. But remember, it'll be nice to have somewhere other than the TRU parking lot to linger during the "in-between" time. We will get to TRU well before the doors are opened, but we don't HAVE to sit in our cars to wait.

Off the top of my head, there is a Texas Corral, Texas Grill, Red Lobster, Bennigans, Olive Garden, Taco Bell, all the usual Burger Joints, Joes Crab Shack, a couple fine Mexican/Spanish dining places.....there's just a LOT! :p

13. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    food....who needs food....
    TOYS!
    And $100.00 to get the Yoda figure....I think that will not be a problem...I see at least $100.00 in purchases...

14. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    A hundred bucks for a free figure? Even though it wont be a problem spending 100 bucks, i think they should have handled it like target, ya know, up at 4 am to get ina line that probably wont form, oh wait, nevermind, id rather spend a 100 and get a free figure. I spend that much on High maintainance Dex anyway.

15. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Step #1 - Buy $100.00 of Merchendise
    Step #2 - Get Free Yoder doll
    Step #3 - There is no step three
    Step #4 - Take back $100.00 of crap (keep Yoder doll)

Bosh
    "No, sir! I didn't see you playing with your dolls again."

16. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Schph--Believe me, I get hungry every time I make this run. I think it's just the "plethora" of restaurants out there. But don't worry [face_dancing]TOYS[face_clown] won't be in short supply this night!!!

Nalan--You know I'm worth every penny of it!

And who wants to bet that the first Yoda Hologram figure to hit e-Bay will be Bosh's? :D LOL

17. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Hmmm, Bennigan's is nice, but also something cheaper like Portillos would be nice. Whatever sounds good to everybody.

18. nalan1138

Mar 2, 2002
    Step 1: Wait outside Toys R Us
    Step 2: Wait for one of the first 50 people with large bags to Exit said store
    Step 3: Bum rush person with most toys
    Step 4: Apologize to Dex and run like hell with his Yoda in tow

p.s. Moline, IL sux hard

19. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Schph - Yeah, I may be game for showing up in costume. But do you think we'll be comfortable enough? I could just see the robe getting stepped on alot by all the people in the rush for the figures, etc. What do ya think?

And...you finally got your EL saber?!?!? EXCELLENT!!! Can't wait to see it!!

20. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Cheryl...
    no...sadly I haven't gotten my Park's saber yet....although I did talk to them and they may ship it next week...I will use the MR Mace Windu...if nothing else..

and crowds...robe stepping...lol...sounds like CII or CIII....so yes...I still plan to wear a costume...
    but you have to come from a greater distance...so I can see where you would not want to wear one...no problemo either way...see how you feel the day of...

this is gonna be a blast no matter how you look at it!

21. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Rebelscum in now reporting that it's $35 for the Yoda, which will be no problem for any of us.

22. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Alright then....I'll be buying a bunch of stuff, getting my Yoda, then running out to the car and dumping that batch off and then going back in again and buying some more and going through a different line and getting another Yoda. Yeah, Yeah, I like that idea. Lots and Lots of Yodas...Mwahahahaha!!!![face_devil]

23. nalan1138

Mar 2, 2002
    and bosch

it is not a yoder doll.....it is a yoda ACTION FIGURE, jeez, Dex gets angry when ya ask to see his dolls, plus they are not sw related in the least

24. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Dex gets angry when ya ask to see his dolls, plus they are not sw related in the least

Bull. You obviously don't understand that his Leia dolls are far from "mint in box". Her 'figure' gets a lot of 'action'.

25. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    You know, I totally didn't know about Sunday's meeting. I hadn't checked the forum in a while and it didn't seem like a month had passed since the last one.

Oops. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.