main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Outer Rim Midnight Toy Run

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I nominate Dex to be kickee.

2. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    If I get kicked on your behalf Dartha I'm just letting you know that I'm coming out to LA again in August and I WILL find you and return the feeling in earnest kind. :p Who ever kicks me is getting their Wookie broken![face_devil]

3. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    an addendum:

whoever gets kicked, you may also kick them in what we call the "junk," should you so choose.

4. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    All kicking fun aside

I have found another checklist for those of you who dont have the dex encyclopedia of April the 2nd

Pretty decent, doesnt have breakdowns or nuttin

Find it here

And kicking dex isnt nearly as fun as it sounds, bending corners on his figures, now thats how ya hurt him

5. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    They just announced that JC Penny's is going to have the exclusive "Beaver Jedi" figure. I don't mean to spoil anything, but the "Beaver Jedi" saves the twins by chewing through a big tree root or something.

Bosh

"I've said to much."

6. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Current Standings

Dex's Midnite Runners
    Myself
    Scott
    Phyllis
    Carrie
    Gina
    Dan
    Cheryl
    Thom
    Haz

Meeting up with us at TRU:
    Dave

Possible attendance:
    Tyler
    Leslie
    ...a few n00beez

7. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    OMG!

y'all might want to save your nickels and dimes after midnight madness...

LFL has just announced an exclusive at CIII: the Yoda Puppet!

to get the puppet, you'll have to get the gold lanyard!

to get the gold lanyard...wait, i've spoiled too much already!

watch TF.n for details! and YES, for those who are wondering, the Yoda Puppet and the Beaver Yoda do have magnets in their mouths so you can make them kiss each other!

8. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    "watch TF.n for details! and YES, for those who are wondering, the Yoda Puppet and the Beaver Yoda do have magnets in their mouths so you can make them kiss each other!"

Okay, now you're just scaring me. [face_talk_hand]

9. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Yeah, ya get the gold landa'd up on da second floor of da convention centa'. Ya turn in ya regula' landa'd and dey give ya da gold one. Ya show da guy at da booth and he'll slip ya da exclusive Yoda puppet.

Bosh

"I am a puppet."

10. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Well....depending on what happens with Scott and his ability to get me a "Lava Reflection Vader" will really dictate the future of my collecting...there is more than a page of these figures up on E-Bay already...and I have just had it with that cr*p....

I think I will direct my collecting efforts to fewer and more interesting stuff...

Dusting off my Jedi for tonight....this is gonna be fun...got my new credit card in the mail yesterday...thank the maker!

I got my new Park's saber Wednesday...it is kind of a let down...but I am bringing it anyway...

11. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    If anyone wants to bring black boots, I'll bring my Sith outfit. If you're tall, blond and a boy, you might pass as an Episode III Anakin look-alike. If not, it's still a black cloak and the best Parks Saber ever made, the Maelstrom.

12. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Your parksaber's a letdown? Wow, most of those things rock. I take it it's not one that you got to see in person before purchase.

Bosh

13. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    PRICE UPDATE:

As usualy, rebelscum.com provides the latest intel on Midnight Madness Prices:

For regular figures . . .

Target: $4.99 (with $1 off coupon).
    Wal-Mart: $5.24.
    TRU: $5.29!!!!!

The TRU price changed today!

In addition, TRU will price match with any ad. We just need to bring in any Walmart ad and we'll get the additional 5 cents off.

Speaking of ads, Meijers apparently has one where you can get Deluxe for $8.88 and 12" for $16.88!

I need to find one of those and bring it in to TRU and/or Walmart.

14. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    we should bring just one ad, and as we line up at the till, just keep handing it back to the next person in line.

5.29 a figure, whats with the crazy price, why not 5.36 or 5.07 a figure, i really wonder who does all this price fixing

15. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Is it too late for me to meet up with you guys?

16. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    OMG MIDNIGHT!!!!!111!1!1!!!11!

LOL, good luck boys and girls. I hope you get what you wanted. :D

17. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Just came from Meijer's. Looked like locusts swarmed through the display. Could not get one single figure.

Hopefully I'll fair better at Super target later.

18. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    remember, in a couple months they will all be peg warmers.

also don't do business with parksabers anymore. the guy has started ripping folks off on RPF.

19. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    egad....my head is splitting...
    got back from Dex's Midnight Runners around 2:30 am...of course..I had to see which figures I missed getting....I am only missing 8....

got about 2 hours sleep and have to get ready for "48 Hours of the Force" at Orland Hills Wal-Mart...

The rest of the "Runners" are still out there...... lining up at Target for the Lava Reflection Vader...
    we got skunked on the Holograhic Yodas....TRU only had 12...so they were given to first 12 in line...we started at around 15....Gina got shoved and stuff taken out of her cart...it was not pretty...

Good luck "Runners"....may the force be with you!

see you later at Orland Hills....

20. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    The TRU that I went to(Toby was there, and a couple other troopers) Had only 8 Yoda Figures, and even though I was at the front of the line(we got there 3 hours early and I ran like hell to get in) I still didn't get one...
    Phyliss, I hope I can get one of those Early Bird Kits at Wal-Mart Today!
    Probably not, but one can still hope...

21. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I stopped at the K-Mart near us(Yes a REAL K-Mart) just to see what was out and it looked like a nerd hurricane blew through the aisles. They had one 12-inch clonetrooper and the 12-inch Anakin "Ultimate Villian". The sculpt on the trooper looks awful as does Anakin's head. The trooper head looks like something you'd get out of those vending machine eggs. ugh....need more accuracy...

22. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I scored a Lava Vader, with only 20 people waiting in line.

23. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Goat, sad news about Park Sabers. What's RPF, though? I am assuming proof the the alleged ripping-off is there?

I got the saber I wanted 3 years ago, and didn't really consider buying another, so I guess it doesn't matter, except for referring people there.

As far as the Toy Run....it was my first, it was my last. I guess not reading EU is why I don't go to the Book Club either. Didn't really do it for me, and I missed the opportunity to beat down the guy that stole the stuff from Carrie/Gina's cart (and not just 'cause it was my stuff he took).

Sucks.

24. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Ugh...I just got home and unloaded my car. Once I sort through everything I am going to take pictures and upload everything from the past two days.

I got pretty much everything I wanted, though I had to hold off on some items due to funding (I already spent about $200 more than I had intended...DAMN YOU TARGET!). I will add the items I did not get to my wish list.

Yeah, the cart incident was infuriating...I turned redder than anyone had ever seen. Thank you Thom and Haz for helping me replace the items the guy took from me.

Carrie, Cheryl and I got the Vader's at Target and eventually made it to the Walmart where Phyllis was. Once I am coherent again, I will post a play by play of the night. Thank you again Phyllis for letting me crash at your place for a few hours. I got to sleep in the star wars room, YAY![/color]

25. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    "Goat, sad news about Park Sabers. What's RPF, though? I am assuming proof the the alleged ripping-off is there?"

RPF is Replica Props Forum. It is a giant forum of several thousand prop geeks registered, and even more reading. There are folks from all aspects of fandom from the hobbyist to the pros. There are members from ILM and Weta there.

The story with Parks is, an RPF member lent out his MPP to Parks so that he could replicate it and offer it to the masses.

The MPP is an extremely rare piece. It was used to create the original Vader saber in both ANH and ESB. These are amazingly rare and their value is well over $1000.

Parks took this guys pristene MPP and replicated it. The agreement was the MPP is gone for 6 months and returned in the same condition it was given in. This did not happen.

The MPP was returned in 18 months and some of the original parts were replaced with Parks newly replicated parts. This seriously devalues the original as you probably have guessed.

The RPF member contacted Parks about this and Parks gave him essentially a "screw you I got what I want out of you. Not exactly the best way to do business.

I'll never deal with him again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.