main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Outing

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DarkJedi059, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJedi059

DarkJedi059 Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    Hi

I live around Pittsburgh PA, and go to the Washington Wildthings Baseball games alot. I wasen't sure where to put this, but it has to do with fan costumes a bit. I was thinking about wearing my Dark Jedi costume (when it is finished) to a Wildthings Baseball game, and the last time I went somewhere in my costume I was by myself, and it didn't turn out that good. So I was wondering if anybody would like to meet at a game if they live around here, and if they would be willing to come in a costume of any Star Wars character. If you live close anough to come to a game/ meet my there, PM me, or IM me. My screen name is DarkSitka249. Or if you would like, e-mail me at DarthStarkiller@comcast.net.

Thanks

2. SithLordBryJaTomarr

SithLordBryJaTomarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Good idea, but your best bet would be to check out the Fan Force boards for your area located elsewhere on this site....

3. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
  4. DarkJedi059

May 12, 2005
  5. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I would if I was in the area... How did the previous time turn out bad?

6. DarkJedi059

May 12, 2005
    Well, I went to a Relay For Life. (don't know if any of you guys heard of one.) And I knew alot of people there, and they made fun of me in school and everything, so I thought that if I was with other people, it wouldn't happen.

7. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Contact the stadium's sales office. They might be happy to see you.

We did an event in NJ at a Newark Bears game, and they rolled out the red carpet. We hosted a children's charity, and all the kids went NUTS! They called it Star Wars day, and us and the 501st had a fantastic time. I never signed so many autographs in my life!! Vader threw out the first pitch, and their were millons of photo ops.

Give them a call, they might just give a bit!

~DG~

8. DarkJedi059

May 12, 2005
    Rhat's a great idea! But first I got to find some people who will go...

9. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    Use the two suggestions given above (post on your local FF board to find fellow local fans and contact the team).

Now I am quite a bit older than you (looked at your profile) so I don't have the school taunting problems that you can run into. But I and my significant other did go to a Milwaukee Brewers game in full Jedi costumes complete with our lightsabers fitted with small baseball bats as the "blades". Granted, we were in the "Buckethead" section where fans wear decorated buckets on their heads in support of our team. Even so, some fans gave us weird looks but you just ignore them. (Just to clarify, I am talking about attending a Major League Baseball game, not a minor league game.)

Hope you can find some others in your area and have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.