main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "Outlander" Social Club: Darth Chiznuk's hangout till October

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Horax, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Instant Karma's gonna get you...

2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005

As someone who plays guitar, Dime is a God. He was an extremely talented player. Yea he didn't do an eighth of what Lennon did, but he is still a very talented musican.

3. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    That may be true and I do not doubt it.... but for example: I am HUGE into music. I know a lot of who does what, band names, song names, album names and so on and so on. I had never heard of the man until he was shot a year ago. Then yesterday again I had to ask which band he played for again. Dimebag is someone dear to people who liked his music. He is someone known pretty much by the fans. Lennon by contrast is known by just about everyone. Third World countries know who Lennon is. Teenagers in Communist Russia in 1986 knew who John Lennon was. The difference in impact on the world is huge. That is my reason for saying mentioning them together in the same breath seems wrong.

4. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Dime had a great influence on metal. Lennon had a great influence on every person everywhere. I agree with what you said there Strillo. But I am one of the big Dime fans so I feel terrible about his death.

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh I do too. I cannot stand Pantera myself but NO ONE should ever die for music.

6. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    People who kill musicans are just sick. All they wanted to do was just make music and share it with thier fans. Why do they have to die for it? Makes me sick, and sad.

7. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    People who kill musicans are just sick.

Actually, that's probably very literally true.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes, it's far worse than talented musicians like Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Cobain, Staley dying before their time because of drug addiction.

At least they're just killing themselves.

9. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yah I might be sorry for the music we miss from those drug cases, but I don't feel sorry for the person. They did it to themselves. And it was HARD losing Staley cuz I was a HUGE Alice in Chains fan. :(

10. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Good point about the drug addiction thing. It's sad they died, but they really brought it upon themselves. But can you imagine how many songs those artists would of made if they hadn't died and now we will never be able to hear them.

11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Precisely. I was really upset for Jerry, Sean and Mike, as well as the people around Layne Staley that he hurt. Also for their pain and suffering at the loss of a friend. I was more upset for the lost music that we will never have. Layne had one of the most interesting, unique and awesome voices in rock. The Mad Season album "Above" is proof of that.

Anyway... how is everyone? I got all my Christmas gifts wrapped and am sending the package to the States today. :D

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I managed to convince my family to do a kind of "package" for World Visions Canada - you can buy a goat, some sheep or chickens for a poor family, immunize children in a village, etc.

I haven't yet bought their actual presents.

Stri - you've mentioned AIC and Mad Season (kudos!), and you mention Pearl Jam and REM in your sig.

Obviously we must have the same taste in music. :D

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    God you don't wanna know how much that package cost to send. It actually HURT to pay for it. Anyway yeah Pearl Jam are my boys. I have a tattoo of theirs.

14. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Not much of a Peral Jam guy. I love Clapton, and Cream. Probaly the greatest band ever they got back together few months ago and are considering touring in the states. Im crossing my fingers. I think classic rock is the best. I cant stand metal except for Pantera because Dime shreds like crazy. Anyway yea.

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Classic rock is good. I like all kinds of music though. Pearl Jam's music is intensely personal to me though. No other band could possibly occupy the space for me that they do.

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Ahso.

Pearl Jam is #2 for me, behind the Smashing Pumpkins.

What is your PJ tat of?

I finally got to see Pearl Jam live in Edmonton a couple of months ago, it was the best show I've ever seen. Eddie's voice is sounding better than in years, and it was pretty amazing in the encore, playing Neil Young's "F______ Up" with the houselights up, and Eddie Vedder doing some kind of Native American dance.

I've heard a couple of their new songs, and reports from their friends suggest the new album is hard rocking, along the lines of VS. I'm trying to keep my expectations from skyrocketing. :D

But now I guess I'm turning this into the PT Pearl Jam thread, so I'll shut up.

I'm looking forward to some time off from work in the holidays to come.

17. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Garth any thread I am in could potentially turn into a Pearl Jam discussion.... :p

1. Smashing Pumpkins also rule. Love their stuff up through Mellon Collie.

2. The tat is of the Stickman. You know it?

3. The Canadian tour was a raging success. They are truly the best live band ever. Good to hear you enjoyed it. I myself have seen them five times. I am hoping that they tour Europe while I am here. I think I've seen .... that particular Young Neil song performed by PJ twice.

4. I don't know if Pearl Jam ever could, or should for that matter, recapture the raw rage and power of Vs. One cannot stay that angry this long. I myself was that angry in 1993 when Vs. was new. Now I have grown older and worked through a lot of the baggage that comes with life. I find that "I Am Mine" fits the 32 year old me as good as the 20 year old me connected with "Rearviewmirror." That said, an album that is hard rocking "Save You" type Pearl Jam would be welcome too. Hell I don't care WHAT they do, so long as they are happy with it. I am sure I will like it.

18. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    So, looking at this icon o' mine makes me wonder which James Bond you like best and why?
    Discuss...

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I hate James Bond.

20. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    I liked the Timothy Dalton era. I dunno why.

Anyone here like Star Wars?

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    This is a social thread... it doesn't have to have anything to do with Star Wars. You know that right?

22. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Yea I know. I was J/K. It is a Star Wars board, so asking if anyone likes SW is a silly question. Just an attempt to be silly.

Dont you hate when you cut your nails to short? Happened to me and the senstive skin under my nails hurt.

23. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I know what you mean. So, where is everyone today?

24. XmasYodaFanBoy

XmasYodaFanBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2005
    i know what you mean. i HATE that. i mean its not that it hurts bit it just feels wierd and annoying

25. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Its really just my middle finger.

*Holds up middle finger to show everyone*

And I play guitar so when my fingers slip and the string goes inbetween my nail and skin it hurts like crap. Its all infected and stuff now.