main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "Outlander" Social Club: Darth Chiznuk's hangout till October

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Horax, Dec 5, 2005.

1. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Yea they could fill up a CD, and they could add some live tracks too. I dunno why, but ACDC is the only band that I like better live than studio recorded. The Live At Donnington album is awesome you should pick it up. It was like 11 bucks at target.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Pearl Jam can be very much better live.... depends on the song.

3. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Thats how you can tell if a band truely has talent, if they can actualy sound good live without studio recording help. Look at Ashlee Simpson-Lip Synced on SNL then at the Orange Bowl she sang live it sounded freakin terrible and every single person at the stadium boo'ed. I remember back before my ears worked correctly I like Sum 41 and listened to them all the time, then I saw them on SNL and it was the worst crap I have ever heard it totaly turned me off from them. Makes me feel good to know that you can suck and still make it as a musican.

4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I don't think anyone with a sane mind would accuse Ashley Simpson of being a musician.

5. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    lol. I was just watching E! and they had this scroll go accross the bottom that said, "A petition to stop ashlee simpson has reached 400,000 signatures" I remembered hearing about that and its really taken off, I wanna sign it.

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yah but why her? Why not the other artists like her? Why single her out?

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Because she got caught. (Lip-syncing on SNL).

Some bands I think don't translate as well live, simply because of the nature of their sound. I have bands that are "CD only" bands, and bands like Pearl Jam, where I now have more live CDs of theirs than album CDS.

8. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Yea alot of new bands suck and need to be stopped. Forget terrorism and global aids, the world needs to ban together to fight emo music.

Someone who I used to hate is John Mayer, but I saw him on Conan last night and he was called, 'the john mayer trio.' and he was really good. Hes been hanging out with Clapton alot lately so I think some of Eric rubbed off on him because suddenly I think he is really good. His playing style sound like a much better version of mine and he is probaly the only moderen artist I appreciate now.

9. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh lip syncing. They all get caught eventually. It's not like she won a Grammy. Anyway in regards to CD only bands, there are definately some of those. I have infinately more respect for a band that can pull it off live. I will say I have had a few surprises in my life. Def Leppard has a very thick produced studio sound, layered with loads of guitars and literally hundreds of backing vocal tracks. Despite this, they are seriously one of the best live bands I've ever seen. They have a real work ethic. Even in their 40s, they get out there with loads of energy and put on a fantastic 2-2.5 hour show.

Also with Pearl Jam, and probably some other bands who pull it off well live, I think it has to do with their entire style. The way they record. Pearl Jam is one of the few bands these days who record together in the studio. They play AS A BAND the five of them as they record. The four guitarists (well, two guitars, bass and sometimes Ed plays) are in one room and the drummer is in a soundproof room. They also pretty much play everything as a five piece. If a song needs an extra guitar layer, they have Ed play. Sure there are times when Mike flies in a solo or something and there are certainly more experimental songs that have weird instrumentation. But creating songs as pretty much a five piece allows them to be pretty much the same in concert as they are on album.

10. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Look at Mili Vanili they got a grammy. I saw them on a 100 Most Shocking Moments in rock. They were like top 10.

Leppord plays good life your right and thier drummer does a hell of a job with one armm.

11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    They were top 10 because the music was pop gold. Whoever sang it, it was good. Not my thing personally but yeah. They deserved to have that Grammy taken away though. That whole thing was a joke.

12. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    It was some middle aged guys, and the producer thought they needed more sex appeal so he hired those two goofs. They should of given the grammy to the guys who sang the song.

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Nah they didn't deserve it because they knew what they were doing was unethical.

14. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    I can barely take all the bubble gum pop that passes for music anymore. Don't get me wrong, there are some briilant businessmen behind it. Get a girl with a nice rack and tight baskside, or a guy with a six pack and one of those little pencil drawn beards and the electronics in the studio take care of the rest. No actual talent needed. Don't even get me started on rap either. Most of those guys can't sound like their studio recordings either, and will usually have about 6 guys with them on stage just making noise and screaming "Yeah, what, yeah, uh huh, and it don't stop, put your hands up" the entire time. And feel free to get original on those videos guys. Showing your bling and shooting champagne on women shaking their ass isn't exactly original anymore.

Pearl Jam was actually very good live. They played about 3 hours and I'd definitely do it again.

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I would quote that whole post for truth. Yeah. Get your hands up. Word.

16. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    The producers of those bands deserve all the money.

Music is definitly not what it used to be. I am really embarrassed for the music industry that such crap is considered good.

17. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    No doubt... fuh shizzle dizzle [face_plain]

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    No one considers that crap good. They just consider it profitable. It's aimed at the same people that the Monkees were aimed at. It's been going on for 40 years now. Why would it change?

19. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    Oh definitely. Trust me, I'm all about money, and if I knew how to do it off of other people like these producers I most cerainly would. But it's like nails on a chalkboard when these brain dead fembots like Ashlee Simpson and Brittany Spears get on these kicks about how hard their life is because they aren't taken seriously. Well dear, you're told when to show up, what to sing, how to sing it, and then they make it sound good for you. I'm afraid you'll just have to take solace in the fact that you'll be making millions off of it, which you'll blow through within a few years and marry some loser that already has 3 kids he doesn't have anything to do with. Or in Ashlee's case she'll just continue to do what daddy tells her to, and if by some chance she marries a guy with a spine then he will be dispensed of quickly as well.

20. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Jessica and Ashless's dad is a smart guy and has made them alot of money. I remember hearing he was bragging about Jessica's bust size.

21. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    Oh man that was awkward. Hey, I'm a big fan of her bosom and bosoms in general, but I try to refrain from talking about those related to me by blood. Especially with the depth and clarity that he did.

22. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    That whole family is a little wacko.

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    LIVE THREAD! LIVE!

I've been most unfortunate enough to catch Jessica SImpson's TV show... she scares me. Hopefully the show is like Ozzy on the Osbournes and she is playing up the stupidity for the cameras.... cuz wow.

24. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I've seen bits and pieces of it before, and have always hoped the same thing.

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    She scares me. Last night I saw one where she bought her husband a $55,000 watch for his birthday. And it was hidious! I think it was also clear that he didn't like it...